Sign in to follow this  
Killroth

Vanity Item Vendor ( Rare Item Point Exchange)

My proposal is a solution to a current problem in Wurm.

Right now the economy of wurm is kinda stagnant with rare item prices dropping, ship prices dropping (no so much anymore cause people stopped making).

What i think would help the economy is a vanity item vendor that sells items for points. People could exchange rare items (maybe horses and ships and possibly non rare items) for points or fractions of points.

These points could then be used to purchase vanity items that are not craftable in the game (Cloaks , Dresses, Etc). I know this goes against the devices of a sandbox and i dont think we would have this problem if stuff dissapeared from the game or population was larger. This could be something that should temporarily appear maybe a seasonal cleanup to purge the game of excess rares and offer limited vanity items.

As it is now this is a solution to our economy being kinda stagnant. Other sandbox games have done this also (Ultima Online , etc) with success.

Edited by Killroth
  • Like 6

I like this, another way to go would be to consume rares by combining them into higher levels of rarity, for instance 10 rare hammers make a supreme and 10 supreme hammers make a fantastic. A combination of both would be great I think.

Edited by HexD
  • Like 1

On 7/4/2019 at 12:04 PM, HexD said:

consume rares by combining them into higher levels of rarity

I like this Hexd.  It reminds me of the Horadric Cube in Diablo 2, where you 'crush up' several low level items into one mid level item, then several mid range into one higher level item, and so on until you get perfect items.

I think it could help clear unsold stock, provide a new market for a lot of brand new rares.

And if combined with Killroth's suggestion it would even create a market for useless rares too, since players could buy/sell them for vanity point saccables.

As all economies go our supply is much higher then demand, just too many rares and stuff compared to active playerbase.  Someone has posted a WTS of over 900 skiller tools, we maybe have half that active these days lol.

I don't presume to know the answer but definitely open dialog on possible solutions is a must.

There is no reason atm to make stuff anymore... In a game where the entire gameplay is about making stuff.

Make Wurm Great Again!

Edited by Nomadikhan

They need to do something, item sinks with rares is a good start. I've suggested similar ideas before.

+1 good concept.