Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

It's a party, Independence turns 10!

6 minutes ago, SmeJack said:

could organise an event that doesn't ostracise a group of players instead of laughing and saying 'hey you can fix it if you do something extra no one else has to'

I don't have this issue but I can see that its pretty bad design and especially nasty to not even warn people before they go wasting their time.

The quest can still be completed. It can be completed after talking to one character in the mine.

This doesn't ostracise anyone. 

And that is a choice which is a good thing but you remove that choice from some people and not others, you know people want the shinest thing but dangle it while saying you can only have it at a cost only some must spend.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Etherdrifter said:

Is there any point that would involve woodcutting?

No. And the one crafting thing isn't you have to craft, but you give it to the NPC, so someone without the capabilities to craft can use any old item to give. This could have been done the same way so no player group was left out.

This is specific to a very small minority, with no warning, and while I am thankful for these events and hate to criticize Retro because I do believe he does AMAZING work on behalf of Wurm, hearing him really not caring is disheartening.

Edited by ChampagneDragon
  • Like 1

Thanks for the event. 

I completed it today and received my prize. I thought it will be a bit bigger... but stil great decoration for my upcoming temple. :)

But, is it just me, or i feel great location connections with Knights of Seris hunt...

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Alkhadias said:

Thanks for the event. 

I completed it today and received my prize. I thought it will be a bit bigger... but stil great decoration for my upcoming temple. :)

But, is it just me, or i feel great location connections with Knights of Seris hunt...

Thanks!

with all npc?

Just now, tamat said:

with all npc?

Yes, received fantastic piece of Fang. :)

Very nice event Retro :)
Just got the fantastic Dragon Fang miniature. It actualy took me to a corner of inde (north-east) where I had never been to in the 8-9 years I have been playing on Inde. Now I can say I've seen all of inde.

Gonna run it with my priest next weekend to get a supreme one, then gonna prem up an alt to get the rare one, I'd really like a whole set standing next to each other on a nice table.

And it was fun to see my own deed in the stream when you took the alternate route back to the green ring. (Havilah, the one with the 3 collosi).

Again, I really liked the event, gonna start going to more of these when they pop up in the future (treasure hunts and whatnot) been a bit to much of a "lazy-stay-on-deed-player" for to long now (its only been last month that I finally got my ass moving and got the crystal puzzle kings ball reward x_x)

• Like 1

I've managed to fiddle with the event and there's now an option to give a marble shard instead of mine one, so you can do one or the other. 

• Like 8

Dammit Retro, now i will have to prem up a char (or maybe two) so i can do the event.  :)

Thank you for making the effort.

• Like 2

I am at 46% into 2019Inde  and heading to gurubear for next NPC ...

So far not bad  , lots of traveling ...

Was fun, thanks for bringing back to life those old places. :D

17 hours ago, Retrograde said:

I've managed to fiddle with the event and there's now an option to give a marble shard instead of mine one, so you can do one or the other. 

I left a stack of 100 marble shards in that cave about an hour ago.

• Like 3

thanks for event

are these items decay free btw?

Edited by Niki

I felt Miss Sophie's 'party' was a little devoid of party goers so I made some for her.

Spoiler

t7XN9wa.jpg

It was nice seeing some parts of Indy again. A lot has changed while I was away, that's for sure.

Edited by Batolemaeus
speling
  • Like 5

Big tumbs up for creativity!!! Excellent way to celebrate :)

to bad Wurm doesn't have more players to enjoy such events ?

Fun event.  Pretty cool taking a tour of Indy.  Glad Retro did a walk through as I got stuck after 6th person.  The detail on the statuette is cool.

Lame party.  Thought there would be a feast table with food once I got up there.  lol

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nicedreams said:

Lame party.  Thought there would be a feast table with food once I got up there.  lol

Would think you were hungry after doing the run on foot..

• Like 1

I did the long run during last night - reached all the invitees but did not ride back to the party location yet, as the ride finished almost home I've fallen asleep in my own bed instead :P

Really enjoyed this sightseeing tour, so many memories visiting places I've not been to for long. Kudos for the guest list who were to be invited!

Note: Beware the Garfius bridge if you happen to find yourself riding through it, the bridge support buildings consumed both me and my riding partner. Best practice is to disembark and pull the steeds through the houses.

Edited by Jaz

I'm running this like the filthy freeloader I am.

Rowboat and on foot!

• Like 1

Just completed it, was a lot of fun.  Went some places I've never been before. Strongly suggest that if you haven't done it yet, you do so and take the time to sight see along the way.

• Like 1

Just completed the event. It was great fun! Lots of amazing work and sights on the way, like I have never seen Tich's cathedral or Gurubear's crater, or been almost to the top of Dragonfang before.

Distant tree rendering really provided some great views as well.

Best part of the event was this though:

[15:55:45] You slap the Rolf in the face.

Always wanted to do that.

Only downside is that it would have been nice to see more people in local, I saw like 6 people in total, one of which was kind enough to provide me with a horse, as I was running back from West coast on the way to the Grand Steppe.

• Like 1

That was a fun ride for a few hours. Happy 10 years, Independence! ?

Sidenotes.

* Be careful "giving" any item to the NPC's when they ask for it! If you have several of the same item in your inventory, it may not take the one you are actually activating and you can lose your good imping tool!

* The /mission command will show the last NPC text. However, if you happen to examine some other object that has been involved in some other, older event, then the /mission text can and will be replaced with that event, and you can't see the NPC chat anymore.

@Retrograde perhaps that first issue can be fixed before more people lose their enchanted tools ?

Edited by Shmeric
  • Like 1

Hello Everyone !

Thank you for such great event and opportunity to see wonderful Inde ! I have been on Independence several times but never explored it fully. We are planning to go there tonight with my friend and I hope it is not too late.

I think we need help with this one. Can I ask if there is someone who created map with locations of quest givers so we do not get lost ? PM me here or just reply to my post please.I can send/trade you some gift/item/sleep powder etc  for such favor, just let me know what you need ?

Also what quest items to bring with us ? If it is not too much to ask. And if it is reasonable to take large cart or some locations are reachable only by foot , so just horse will be enough ?

Thank you in advance for any clues and tips !

Fun event. Thanks ?

One person pointed out that if u look thru ur spy glass at the dragon fang statuette, u get to see all kinds of detail *looks straight up from base of Dragon Fang and waves at who ever may be peering down thru their spy glass*

Just can we get a more precise date when the event will end, we have some ppl in time crunches would help to have exact last day of event. Thanks.