Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

It's a party, Independence turns 10!

nUPl8xK.png

Independence is 10 years old, and Julie, the NPC who has totally always been around and in the background of every major happening on Independence wants to celebrate, and she needs your help! Ever the fun loving kind, Julie wants to invite some unknown and well known names to this party, but being an NPC she can't wander around, this is where you come in. Travel around Independence and invite the weird and wonderful NPC's of Wurm to come along to a party, some may require some help before they can come though! 

This event starts at Freedom Market, and will travel far and wide across Independence. To start on this you will need to be a premium player.

Depending on how many people you can find and invite, you will get a common, rare, supreme or fantastic version of the item, the wonderful Statue of Dragonfang! 

The event will run until the end of July update, so you have a whole month to check it out! 

I'll also be doing a community stream at 10PM tonight GMT time, where I will be going through the event and chatting as I do, if you'd like to join me on it be at Freedom Market then! Alternatively, you can watch it at https://twitch.tv/wurmonlineofficial

• Like 20

Looking forward to this, I started playing like a month before Independence was born, so this should bring back some memories!

• Like 1

can I log out when I started the event, or do you need to do it in one session? (never done these type of events before, so yeah XD)

19 minutes ago, Sn00 said:

Ah sweet! Is Questgiver around? ;)

Unless someone else made that char after me, he hasn't been around for 5-6 years or so :P

2 minutes ago, Raamkozijn said:

Unless someone else made that char after me, he hasn't been around for 5-6 years or so :P

? Questgiver is my alt lol

2 minutes ago, Lycanthropic said:

can I log out when I started the event, or do you need to do it in one session? (never done these type of events before, so yeah XD)

can logout!

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Sn00 said:

? Questgiver is my alt lol

Nice, good to see the name is still around then! :)
"Logging started 2013-06-19" Back then it was still an alt of mine. Had to backtrack a lot through chatlogs as I deleted unused nonprem alt logs a while ago, lol

-edit-  I'm hyped for this event!

Edited by Raamkozijn
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Raamkozijn said:

Nice, good to see the name is still around then! :)
"Logging started 2013-06-19" Back then it was still an alt of mine. Had to backtrack a lot through chatlogs as I deleted unused nonprem alt logs a while ago, lol

-edit-  I'm hyped for this event!

Nice

Image result for ghostbusters 2 vigo

Julie the Cruel?

Also sounds like fun I need an adventure

• Like 6

lol - I can't get her to talk to me. My friend told me she did speak to him though.

12 minutes ago, TeeeBOMB said:

lol - I can't get her to talk to me. My friend told me she did speak to him though.

Make sure you have an item activated else the 'talk' option won't show up :) 

[19:58:25] <Teeebomb> [13:55:16] You poke Julie with a very long stick to see what happens.

No idea why.... let me guess.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alkhadias said:

No idea why.... let me guess.

lol

1 minute ago, Kasumi said:

Make sure you have an item activated else the 'talk' option won't show up

Thanks o/

Bring back Samling as the spawn for a week

jesus, who made that character?  im going to have nightmares

• Like 2

So much fun and such a trip down memory lane!  The model of Dragon Fan looks awesome, love that you can make out the area around it, such detail! ^_^

PS Glad Bron got to do something with that brick, even if he just gave it away - that made me laugh :D 

• Like 1

Ok, how are vyn priests supposed to mine??

seriously, my Vyn priest has gone all the way through it, only to find out that she can't finish on next to the last mission.

Edited by ChampagneDragon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ChampagneDragon said:

Ok, how are vyn priests supposed to mine??

seriously, my Vyn priest has gone all the way through it, only to find out that she can't finish on next to the last mission.

You will need to turn off faithful and pray to gain the faith back. 

Alternatively, you can complete the event early and receive a supreme version of the reward

7 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

You will need to turn off faithful and pray to gain the faith back. 

Alternatively, you can complete the event early and receive a supreme version of the reward

One can't simply pray to get back to 100. nice thought though.

• Like 2

Huh, not the first event Vyn priests have gotten stuck because they cant mine or whatever  .. and having spent effing YEARS getting to 100 Faith there is no way I'm turning faithful off.

and Good Luck finding a sermon circle to help u crawl back up to 100.

Gonna stop here before i say something i will regret.

Edited by Scottfree2
  • Like 2

Glad I read this before starting. Would have run into the same problem, being a Vynora Priest.

• Like 3

If there's a few of you perhaps you could organise sermoning together after the event in one group? I know of one other too.

A single sermon of 5 listeners would fix the .1 loss 

could organise an event that doesn't ostracise a group of players instead of laughing and saying 'hey you can fix it if you do something extra no one else has to'

I don't have this issue but I can see that its pretty bad design and especially nasty to not even warn people before they go wasting their time.

• Like 9