Sign in to follow this  
StarsHollow

[Forums] Can't edit my forum post

Been having this problem for a few weeks now. Random spaces appeared within my text, and I can't delete them. If I try it keeps scrolling me down to a random part of the post that I wasn't even trying to edit. Or just nothing happens. Also couldn't add new texte even after updating, just didn't show up.

Edited by StarsHollow

I would suggest trying another browser like google chrome, it should hopefully resolve the issue.

The chrome is the one that I am having trouble working on, it is my default browser. But after trying to edit on firefox it still didn't work. It's showing like layers overlap, I do have spoilers inside of spoilers but it worked fine before.

There was some setting on Chrome causing an issue a few years back, let me try to remember how to resolve it .. it had to do with what editor is used for editing a forum post I think.

edit: sorry this was copy pasting in Chrome to forum posts that was causing the issue, not general editing.

Also, it may have been a couple "forum update versions" ago as I don't see the "edit toggle" mentionned in the thread now:

It rather sounds like some sort of formatting is not getting closed properly, especially if it occurs in "spoilers within spoilers". 

If it just started only in the past few weeks, it may be a browser extension or a windows update that started the issue. I personally haven't experienced any issues of this type, and I tend to edit my posts a LOT. On the other hand, I don;t use "spoilers within spoilers" which sounds like one of the main issues.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

You could try to update the browser, it's done in Chrome in the top right corner -> Version.

• Like 2