Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 27th/JUNE/19 – Legendary tweaks

PatchNotes.png

• Change: Changes have been made to Legendary creatures regarding spawning and locating as listed below:
    • Removed from pendulum locates..
    • Removed from Reveal Creatures casts.
    • Removed from Get Info from Path of Knowledge.
    • There is no longer a preferred type of region for specific unique spawning.
    • Removed Server and Twitter notifications of Legendary Creatures spawning.
    • Legendary Creatures will path back to their spawn when over 30 tiles away if they have no target to attack and will not spawn within 30 tiles of a deed.
  • Tweaks and additions to Valrei mob AI
    • Nogump and drakespirit AI added.
    • Fixed pathing and targetting issues.
  • New:  You can now grow woad in pottery planters.
  • New:  Dyeable cloth barding has been added.  See notes below:
    • Dyeable cloth barding has been added.
    • Standard cloth barding has had its creation recipe changed.
      • It now is created with a needle and cloth square, and finished with 1 woad and 1 cochineal.
    • The dyeable cloth barding has two colour values – one for the barding and one for the pattern.
    • Dye pattern dyes the pattern only and uses LYE to remove that dyed section.
    • Paint colours the whole barding (except for the pattern) and uses a metal brush to remove.
  • Bugfix:  Added a check to prevent a  journal completion reward to be executed again.
  • Bugfix: Removed Stasis spell message from bank management popup question.
  • Bugfix:  Lunchboxes will once again be tin instead of lead.

Art Changes

• Added white cloth barding, dyeable with two colour values.
  • Bardings, saddle, saddlebags and bridles now show dye when equipped.
  • Added woad planter model.
  • Deer now show condition colours.
  • Added salmon pile model.

The post Patch Notes 27th/JUNE/19 – Legendary tweaks appeared first on Wurm Online.

• Like 8

New:  Dyeable cloth barding has been added.  See notes below:

• Dyeable cloth barding has been added.

PMK barding soon?

• Like 1

So, the seven page woad planter odyssey comes to an end. I was starting to develop a nostalgic attachment to that thread, seeing it resurface in the Suggestions section repeatedly for the last 2,5 years. :P

• Like 8

On 6/24/2019 at 6:56 AM, Retrograde said:

Probably only new ones, the tether is created at spawn 

2 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Legendary Creatures will path back to their spawn when over 30 tiles away

just tested. All uniques are now untethered and do not go back to their spawn after unaggroing. They move once towards it and then stop. One of the uniques got caught in a loop of trying to aggro me and trying to get back to where it wanted to go and got itself stuck in a mine within 30 seconds of seeing me. seems very untested, and with no way of locating them if they get themselves stuck in a mine they're going to be almost impossible to find should that happen

I thought we getting new shadows today?

edit:  nevermind, guess it "coming soon".

Edited by nicedreams

Bugfix:  Lunchboxes will once again be tin instead of lead.

Notice of Proposed class action lawsuit:

If you or anyone you love has ever used a Wurm Online lead lunch box, you may have the following symptoms:

abdominal pain

abdominal cramps

aggressive behavior

constipation

sleep problems

headaches

irritability

loss of appetite

fatigue

high blood pressure

numbness or tingling of extremities

memory loss

anemia

kidney dysfunction

If so, please send Wurmhole your SSN, bank account number, date of birth, mothers maiden name and donate to his paypal account and YOU may be entitled to a settlement.

• Like 4

Nice job on the Uniques!  I think this is going to make life immensely more entertaining.  With the extremely low server populations, it could take months or more to find one, which is as it should be.

• Like 3

With the excessive greed with years long history and low population mostly given up on these.. one can only hope for a change.........

As for woad planters \o/

Small issue - still no plant keybind for herbs/woad in planters : /

1 hour ago, nicedreams said:

I thought we getting new shadows today?

edit:  nevermind, guess it "coming soon".

Next month most likely, but there might be some extra graphics features coming in that next update as well.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Wurmhole said:

Bugfix:  Lunchboxes will once again be tin instead of lead. 

what? where is my heavy metals poisoning now?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DevBlog said:

New:  You can now grow woad in pottery planters.

Finally! TY ❤️

• Like 1

Change: Changes have been made to Legendary creatures regarding spawning and locating as listed below:

This seems a bit excessive to me.  You can only use this ability once every 18 hours.  It does not seem unreasonable to allow a player to check if he's going to get steam-rolled on the way to/from his deed once every 18 hours...

Yeah I know... folk might somehow abuse it and not everybody will get their chance for a swing at the legendary (*passes a tissue*).  But I'd like to point out that's not everybody's mindset.  The chances for Get Info to get abused - in light of all the other changes - seems minimal, and I don't see a reason to nerf the non-abusers.

• Like 1

i thought getinfo was essential for trader ownership. that's going to despair a fair few.
not me, i gave up on the nonsense 2 years ago, enchant grass ftw

• Like 1

I'm curious as to what the thought behind Players obtaining tomes now. First we had uniques with their 100% drop rate, then they were nerfed to humanoid only at somethingl ike 50% rate or whatever, then we had people farming personal goals, and now uniques from what i can gather are supposed to be something you get lucky/unlucky enough to encounter in the wilderness with any way of finding them removed. Quite a few of the tome spells are rather strong and now they're locked behind layers of rng upon rng ( rng for finding unique, rng for whether tome drops, rng for whether its a tome you need) or you have to pay out the ass to get them. Also includes getting scale/drake sets as drake/scale drops are completely rng aswell i guess, but i can't really think of any times where 20+ of them dropped in a single day like goal tomes did. seems like a pretty decent window of opportunity now that there's not really any way of *working* towards collecting tomes, is there any thought towards making these things able to be obtained in other ways that you can work towards?

5 hours ago, DevBlog said:

PatchNotes.png

• Change: Changes have been made to Legendary creatures regarding spawning and locating as listed below:

22 minutes ago, Steveleeb said:

i thought getinfo was essential for trader ownership. that's going to despair a fair few.
not me, i gave up on the nonsense 2 years ago, enchant grass ftw

Pretty sure they mean that it wont work to locate uniques with it.. should be working as intended for anything else/that's a guess tho.. still haven't logged in to check.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Steveleeb said:

As stated in Release Notes: Get Info itself is not affected. Only the possibility to locate uniques was removed.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DevBlog said:

sorry bout that, it was just the way it's worded.
it could easily have been a generalization ty for clearing that up.
Legendary creature location functionality removed from getinfo

ah damnit, my stupid brain didn't read the first `from`

Edited by Steveleeb

7 hours ago, DevBlog said:

You can now grow woad in pottery planters.

Thanks for nerfing botanize even more.

You've literally left us with nettles and nutmeg.  Completely useless now.

Edited by Etherdrifter
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Changes have been made to Legendary creatures regarding spawning and locating

All very good changes that should make locating these creatures more difficult and time consuming, thus the term "Legendary" may more appropriately apply to them. Any pathing bugs will be worked out over time, no doubt.

Nice change for woad planting too, to make this the opposite effect of the above (commonly available to all). Well done's to ya!

=Ayes=

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

Thanks for nerfing botanize even more.

You've literally left us with nettles and nutmeg.  Completely useless now.

Botanize and forage will shine on Elevation during the "roughing it, survival" phase after reset. The problem I see is that there is no regular "field" for the true strength of the skills.

New:  You can now grow woad in pottery planters.

Time to resub.

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this