Sign in to follow this  
Niki

Possible unique metagaming concern

On 7/1/2019 at 4:00 PM, Niki said:

wah

So, you're still not going to actually explain what you think is problematic about this situation? Your argument literally seems to be: "I'm going to get them all anyways so why'd you have to make it harder for me"

You're so much against this change and yet you still, 2 pages later, haven't formulated a single sentence that actually explains a fault in the new system and how it could be overcome.

Maybe try thinking of an argument that's a little more sophisticated than "u guise r idiets wah"

Currently as it stands, hunting parties are still fully viable as they were always meant to be, but no unique will be penned and killed less than 3 hours after it spawns since... you won't even know when that is. Please, by all means, explain to me how that is a bad thing for anyone but you. (and that oblivion guy)

Edited by whereami
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

I dont know why a dragon would make a difference to a newbie in deciding to quit the game or not. In fact, I am sure that the amount of help and support he would get if killed by a dragon will be an amazing experience.

Getting killed by a dragon is no different to getting killed by anything else. You know whats a more prevalent bane for newbies? Trolls. Or even a hell hound. A hell hound will put you to the ground in less than a minute. Yet I don't see an outrage of newbie retention over hell hounds.

No newbie slaying dragons are an excuse. The chances any newbie will come across a dragon is abysmal compared to a troll or a hell hound, and the results will be identical.

I meant... we already have barely any newbies. It's not like dragons change would make any difference. 

13 minutes ago, Alkhadias said:

I meant... we already have barely any newbies. It's not like dragons change would make any difference. 

This change is not intended to affect new player retention. This is end game content, not newbie content. I dont even see how newbies come into the equation.

• Like 1

Because "newbies" and their game experience is the same card that everyone plays when they are trying to push an agenda.   Like SoTG nerf because it's not fair to new players, not because you can run 6 locals on foot and make it back to deed safely.

On 6/27/2019 at 2:27 AM, Alkhadias said:

Truth is, there are almost... none randoms. We know almost all players by their names. I know most people on Xanadu and i can remember most of their living areas. So it's not just "randoms". Just players we know... but perhaps didn't befriended or be in kind enough relations. I mean on single server at least. Of course there are people we have almost no idea about, but rarely we see strange names that aren't completely new players.

I am a random nobody and have found 5 ❤️ I pm whoever I think may be online to say hey, there is a bad guy here. I do not know enough about how to pen to do the deed myself.

18 hours ago, Alkhadias said:

People who knows me, knows also that I am an forever adventurer. At least used to spend 3/4 of my time in wilderness for years.

During every travel, I used to meeting new players. If I had no more important things to go after, I tend to talk to new people and help them for a day or two. Making some tools, gathering as much resources as i could in several hours. Explaining things... but also there were situations when i decided to stay longer at newbies places. Protecting them and fencing till they could fight bears on their own or decide to build towers. Just like you said, if youre a new player, you might find a lot of interactions, from just a talk to even unexpected help, visitors.

Thing is, in past few months i've met only 2 or 3 random new players on my ways. While not long ago Ive seen them on almost every journey.

Maybe i got unlucky, maybe not. In fact i don't believe in luck or lack of luck. Only analyze what i see.

Best part of this game imo

• Like 1