Sign in to follow this  
TheSherrif

Best hosting as of yet.

I have been with 6 hosting providers( It has been a rough road) The 7th provider/Current is Citadelservers.com

I have not been this impressed in years. Only downside so far is the fact that you need to go to their Mod manager to install the Default gamemodes. However, When I opened their mod manager I found 20+ Mods to install. In disbelief I tested a few of them and they actually work! Last company I was at they had more but only a few actually worked.

I just wanted to pay my respects. I know there are more server owners out there looking for the easy life/Non aggravating and hair pulling. They are more on the expensive side, But time is money in my eyes.

Be aware this might be a biased advertisement post. There have been a lot of horrible reports about citadel most users are not happy as you can see below.

yeah I was thinking at the time, this was not the general experience of the community at large, and thought it curious that someone would feel compelled to sign up for the forums that they otherwise ignored,  just to praise citadel then disappear again with no other discussion about the game.  See also this site.

(I could have sworn I saw this or a similar post about a week or two ago...? That person had also signed up just to praise citadel then disappeared)

* edit: actually, it was on the reddit wurmunlimited subforum. "Someone" signed up out of the blue just to praise citadel then just as suddenly disappeared again. Throwaway account for a one time "review."  Coincidence? Perhaps. I suspect these are not the only two places this happened recently....

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

3 hours ago, TheSherrif said:

I have been with 6 hosting providers( It has been a rough road) The 7th provider/Current is Citadelservers.com

I have not been this impressed in years

Very interesting.  For most people Citadel was the very worst, by far.  We were with them for quite awhile, until I learned what a server host is supposed to be like.  I paid extra for priority service, and even with that, it was common to have a 5-10 day wait to get ANY response whatsoever, and often much longer to get a fix. The staff was insulting, rude, and ridiculously unhelpful.

Contrast that with Pingperfect, for example, who respond within 20-60 minutes 100% of the time, and have exceptional staff who treat us like we matter very much.  I've now been with Pingperfect for a few years, and the service has never failed us even once.  

I'm a little suspicious of the OP, since he has had exactly ONE post in the Wurmonline forums, despite his long experience with server hosts.  Perhaps an employee, or someone paid to promote them?  

Edited by Batta
  • Like 1

If you're going hosted, there's really no point in going anything other than Pingperfect imo. Citadel/Bluefang both took 5+ days to answer presales questions for me and the answers were dismal as though they had no clue what I was talking about in relation to management of live map, etc. Pingperfect has its drawbacks, but haven't seen anything else out there for hosted that can do it better.

I thought the community of this game was a bit better than what I see now. Bitter people. Not my type of place to be.

I had a good experience. I shouted out my good experience just to inform people as I have had a really bumpy road getting here. They treated ME right, No matter what their reputation may be.

The reason I made this post is because I was looking for players to play with on the server I am making. When coming here I saw all the hate for Citadel. Thought I would shed some light on the topic.

1 hour ago, TheSherrif said:

I thought the community of this game was a bit better than what I see now. Bitter people. Not my type of place to be.

I had a good experience. I shouted out my good experience just to inform people as I have had a really bumpy road getting here. They treated ME right, No matter what their reputation may be.

The reason I made this post is because I was looking for players to play with on the server I am making. When coming here I saw all the hate for Citadel. Thought I would shed some light on the topic.

Good bye advertiser

48 minutes ago, TheSherrif said:

So you disagree with someone. Then you ban them? Am I right?

It depends, if they try to trick people into using a server hoster with a lot bad reputation, doing so by opening a new thread instead of adding positive feedback in the available threads which contain mostly negative feedback, then yes I would "ban" them. I personally consider that as false advertising and that is just wrong. You are trying to hide the negative feedback by opening new threads with positive feedback. If you join a forum then you should be aware of the common standards and the netiquette, which clearly is search for realted topics and post in them and do NOT open duplicate threads, just because you don't like the opinion in there. And that is my opinion citadel is the worst decision you can make if hosting a WU server and I gave valid sources to threads where many people clearly support this opinion.

Edited by Sklo:D

40 minutes ago, TheSherrif said:

Have you seen the dates on those posts?

No matter if it happened yesterday or 10 years ago, you are trying to hide negative feedback by opening a new clean thread.

From where I come from, Replying to a topic that is years old is never a good idea. I get it I get it. I really had no idea just some feedback would cause this. Again bitter people. But that is neither here or there.

2 hours ago, TheSherrif said:

From where I come from, Replying to a topic that is years old is never a good idea. I get it I get it. I really had no idea just some feedback would cause this. Again bitter people. But that is neither here or there.

We are just pretty sure that you are connected to citadel in some way. It is like the only thing you do is advertising a company, which is known for scamming. Nobody knows you, how would you react to a stranger who is just telling you about some shady company.

3 hours ago, TheSherrif said:

You started a brand new account here just to give Citadel positive feedback, even though almost everyone else here had a negative experience. I can't imagine why you are arguing about it now, since it's very unlikely you are describing a real experience. It's obviously much more likely that you're just either working for them or somehow being compensated by them.  Since Citadel is already well known for their terrible service, you might want to just drop it.

• Like 1

You are a brand new poster on this forum, your only posts are in this thread and you are promoting an external provider that most people have had a bad experience with. Not sure what you expect.

Citadelservers? They dont provide help with third party addons like custom mods :) they just in it to cash and never help. Very bad host.