Sign in to follow this  
Hypatia

Dear Builder of "Long Rolf of Running"...

I think we should become acquainted, as I have my main/favorite settlement sharing the isle with your walled-in shrine "Long Home of Running", in my perimeter (And the smaller mine entrance building "Foundation of Rolf).   Please PM me here, or in game, and perhaps we could come to an agreement to at least make a nicer more finished building around your shrine.  Or maybe I could deed over it to protect it?  (I'm not sure how Shrines work, but I don't want it to decay!  I think they are pretty.)  You see, I'm a quiet Wurmer...Wurminian? ...I love this island and I just want to make things look nice.   I have waited patiently for the buildings to decay so I could tidy up that end of the isle, and make a garden around the Shrine....but then recently I found the buildings fixed.  I don't actually care about the buildings otherwise, or even about owning more of the isle, I just want it to all look more uniform and nice.  In the meantime I'm prettying up the area around it anyway, but all is changeable and negotiable, just talk to me. xD   I promise to be a good caretaker and won't lock you out.  Thank you so much! :)

• Like 2

I was sniffing around there a few days ago. Looks like an abandon deed, or someone's mining satellite.

Good luck if you can find the person though. It would be nice, if they dont intend to play, to hand over writs to you so can deed it. A nice tourist attraction for the area community.

Long home of running was built by Fairyshine, who still plays afaik (dunno if they built the house around it, but blocking off a mission structure you didn't build seems weird). You could try contacting them on the forums, but keep in mind deeding over a mission structure will disable missions from spawning on that structure. They also don't decay off deed.

• Like 1

Didn't know that was a mission structure (I don't do missions). I just though a bunch of buildings named after Rolf was funny...especially so since the week before I had also found a Rolf named horse running around loose west of Lavender Bridge.

So much Rolf

Edited by Elisha

7 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

Long home of running was built by Fairyshine, who still plays afaik (dunno if they built the house around it, but blocking off a mission structure you didn't build seems weird). You could try contacting them on the forums, but keep in mind deeding over a mission structure will disable missions from spawning on that structure. They also don't decay off deed.

I have not played on Xan for years and did not build a house around the mission structure.

Funny anecdote about that spot though:  The little island was our first little foothold after Xan got released, and we built the guard tower after sailing half the southern coast to find iron.  Why?  The island had plenty of iron prospected, but the actual veins were all below water level so we could never get to it! Such a tease. Any way, good luck with your search for the owner of the house.

• Like 2

Thank you for the replies!  Honestly I wasn't expecting much, but  I do have a bit more info to go on.  And there is a Foundation pillar in the mine that the mine door building was protecting (but you can get around it now) that was built by Audrel and Nonanorwood.  (Just occurred to me to examine it for info) I will try messaging Audrel as maybe they didn't catch my message here.  Still don't know if they made the shrine since I can't get to it...or even the buildings, for that matter, but here's hoping!

10 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

Thank you for the shrine info, I have never done any missions, I've only seen these mysterious shrines at different locations and wondered...  I have no need to deed over it and won't if that "breaks" it rather than protect.  Does it hurt it to be in my perimeter though?  Does the building around it protect it?   Still would love rights to the building so I could build something matching my other buildings or at least roof it!  The Foundation pillar does fall on my deed now, does that affect it?  Nothing I can do about it now though, as I have a building above-ish.  ? 

2 hours ago, Fairyshine said:

I have not played on Xan for years and did not build a house around the mission structure.

Funny anecdote about that spot though:  The little island was our first little foothold after Xan got released, and we built the guard tower after sailing half the southern coast to find iron.  Why?  The island had plenty of iron prospected, but the actual veins were all below water level so we could never get to it! Such a tease. Any way, good luck with your search for the owner of the house.

Thank you for the interesting history, Fairyshine!   Luckily mining isn't a huge concern for me,  there are a few mid quality veins so it suits my simple purposes just fine. :)

• Like 1

Update:  Audrel, did indeed build the shrine, but alas is not responsible for the buildings.  They did say something that struck me...that no one should be able to repair a building on my perimeter.  I think I recall something about that, but can anyone confirm if this is true?  If so, what is going on?  Should I try to contact a GM?  I don't want to overreact, but it's starting to feel a bit creepy...  Maybe I remembered the decay wrong...but I'm pretty certain I didn't.  I remember checking the walls frequently and them getting to 10 decay then higher...and now it's 0.976675 -ish and the quality of the walls is 90 which I'm pretty sure is new.  Anyway, any ideas of how to proceed? 

• Like 1

Solved!  (Probably)  I asked in help and it seems a Magranon alter is to blame for the mysterious repairs.  I just need to remove the alter...then once more wait for decay to do it's thing.  Finding the builder would still be nice, but they could be long gone, if the buildings are "repairing themselves"....

Edited by Hypatia
word fix
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Hypatia said:

Thank you for the interesting history, Fairyshine!   Luckily mining isn't a huge concern for me,  there are a few mid quality veins so it suits my simple purposes just fine. :)

We considered naming the guard tower "We bow to the small nail" because we had NO iron, not mid quality or otherwise... in fact we "borrowed" someone else's rowboat to go scouting for iron along the coast because we were noobies, with no skill, no iron and no hope.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Fairyshine said:

We considered naming the guard tower "We bow to the small nail" because we had NO iron, not mid quality or otherwise... in fact we "borrowed" someone else's rowboat to go scouting for iron along the coast because we were noobies, with no skill, no iron and no hope.

A sad and desperate tale!  A good source of iron is so critical for sure. :)

• Like 2