Sign in to follow this  
Delacroix

A bin specifically for sand and dirt

Something along the lines of a BSB/FSB that can hold up to several thousand each. Crates are simply too cumbersome for anybody who does any real amount of terraforming.

• Like 1

You can fit 9000 dirt or stone in a crate rack.

• Like 1

The point is not needing to create 30 crates and a rack several times over.

Okay, so you want a container that requires 5 planks and a single nail, and holds 50,000 dirt?  Oh and it's as small as a single BSB, right?

Sounds *totally* logical to me.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2019 at 11:42 PM, Wargasm said:

Okay, so you want a container that requires 5 planks and a single nail, and holds 50,000 dirt?  Oh and it's as small as a single BSB, right?

Sounds *totally* logical to me.

1: Because this would totally be the only instance of wogic.

2: Closer to a BCU or similar.

3: Point out where I said 50k.

Thanks.

On 6/27/2019 at 6:42 AM, Delacroix said:

1: Because this would totally be the only instance of wogic.

Sarcasm, genius....

2: Closer to a BCU or similar.

A BCU would hold 4 BSB's, so just over 3400 dirt.  A crate rack, which takes up basically the same space, holds 9 times that much.  

3: Point out where I said 50k.

The only thing I'm pointing out is the futility of your suggestion.

Thanks.

5 hours ago, Wargasm said:

1: Sarcasm, genius....

2: A BCU would hold 4 BSB's, so just over 3400 dirt.  A crate rack, which takes up basically the same space, holds 9 times that much.  

3: The only thing I'm pointing out is the futility of your suggestion.

1: If you were as smart as you think you are, that'd have been more obvious.

2: Speaking of things that would be clear "if you were as smart as you think you are...", I was referring to the means of creation and absolutely nothing else, "genius".

3: And yet, somehow all that is coming across is your ignorance and lack of vision.

Edited by Delacroix

This strikes me as a pretty good idea since it would be restricted to just sand and dirt. I know on one WU server I can cast BoH on bins (crates and many other containers too) and they can hold 10,000's of items then, so I am not unacquainted with mass holding capacities in contrast to WO. Yet here this special bin could maybe hold just 10,000 of those items. Then I guess you need to increase the mats required to create it but not so much as comparable crates volume would hold. I envision it as being a bulk bin about as tall as a crate rack with the square size not much larger than currently so that it would only take up that much space on a tile. Then you could have a few of them on the same tile if needed.

=Ayes=

Wait, how do crate racks hold 9 times what 4 BSBs hold when together they have a capacity for 3400 dirt? 1 rack = 30 crates with 300 items each = 9000? That's not even 3 times the amount...

If it held 4-5k, roughly outperforming a wagon with crates, and was loadable on one (not allowing any crates concurrently, unless runes are used), I'd see the point for a specialized digging wagon, but for long term storage I think crate racks are fine. I find BCUs way more cumbersome to build than crates which are basically AFK-spammable, so if this bins recipe was remotely like that...I'd just stick to crates, to be honest.

Without some suggestion as to how much it holds and what is required to build it, I can't really +1 this as it, in my opinion, tries to hit a very particular niche that you can't casually throw a thumbs up or down at without some more concrete details. I'm not opposed to the creation of such an item per se, though, as long as it's balanced and makes sense to use instead of crates, which are doing a pretty sweet job already.