Sign in to follow this  
madnezz

Simple Fix for Uniques

1.  Only those who damage a drake or dragon get hide or scale.

2.  Chances for tome drop increases substantially with more premium accounts  in local with maybe even 2 tomes dropping with especially large events.  Single charge tomes randomly drop to people in local, like potions, at certain player count thresholds too.  If you really want to get crazy, the more premium accts that attack the unique the chances also increase for more tomes but you will get less hide/scale per person. 

3.  Encourage penning and planned events, however, the Unique must be killed within 14 days of capture or it respawns elsewhere on the server.   

Edited by madnezz
  • Like 5

Change it to where the uniques do not drop anything.   Drake/scale/tome bits can be given as rift, mission, or journal rewards.  A similar reward system already exists on Epic.

Today, I was asked by GM to leave local of a pen deed because some other player was supposedly harassing.  When following up on this, I was told that all players were asked to leave local to prevent any drama.  This is the first time I've seen where players cannot hunt or be in local of a deed.  If they see you in local, they will paste Enki's directive telling players to leave the area.

[12:41:20] <Enki> So...  as it stands, if you are not part of Odynn's capture party, then either leave the area or make an arrangement with the capture party to be in on the kill
[12:41:50] <Enki> all loot except the bloods and drake/scale pieces shall remian with the capture/kill party!
[12:42:11] <Enki> so if you want in on that drop loot, then make an amicable arrangement
[12:42:22] <Enki> otherwise get the hell out of dodge!

Edited by Pandalet
Moderation edit

I think the people who pen and plan the slaying deserve special loot, so I disagree with your suggestion.

52 minutes ago, madnezz said:

1.  Only those who damage a drake or dragon get hide or scale.

2.  Chances for tome drop increases substantially with more premium accounts  in local with maybe even 2 tomes dropping with especially large events.  1 charge tomes randomly drop to people in local like potions at certain player count thresholds too.

3.  Encourage penning and planned events, however, the Unique must be killed within 14 days of capture or it respawns elsewhere on the server.   

If i could ammend that and maybe it was a given by you having stated:

1.only those that damage a drake or dragon get hide or scale

for 2 i'd like to suggest the more premium players in local that are attacking, landing hits on dragon, not just bystanders, that tome drop increases.......and all the rest you said. 

I like this otherwise.  as far as people being happy I just dont know about that as what people want, expect in material things and what people consider fair are all so varied much like politic views are where there can be many right points but conflict with one another.  It's so tiring they are like that thing you hear of how the lottery has wrecked winners lives.  I feel like we'd be a far better off community without the damn things till we can learn to better socialize about them. 

• Like 1

I was just formulating that idea as well, the tomes will still go to the deed/corpse owners but they will have a choice to make, more tomes or more hide/scale.  OP edited with this suggestion.

Edited by madnezz
  • Like 1

and what about healers for said kill.   They might not do any damage.

They better learn how to swing a huge axe too. 

Training a 2h weapon is on my program for the future anyway, yet I feel here a bit of righteousness and arrogance of "must learn to swing a huge axe people", the desire to lock out others.

*Or any other weapon type they so desire to use to survive in wurm, jeeze

Edited by madnezz
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Pashka said:

and what about healers for said kill.   They might not do any damage.

you can always target the unique and swing between heals. just don't queue up casts and you'll swing the second you cast a spell. even 1fs 1 skill alts can hit uniques just fine, uniques have 100 CR compared to players which usually have 3 base and around 15-25 if they're strong accounts with horse and good slope and stuff so your hit chance is only slightly lower.

+1 because gee hmm, it might actually solve something by mechanic instead of having GM's rule on which parties they do and don't like.

I have killed uniques with a few different groups, almost every time there was someone hanging around not part of the group, and not fighting because they just wanted free blood/scale. Never was anything done about this by the GM team.

Now, there's a whole bunch of talk about "levelling the playing field" and making uniques more freely available to all types of players regardless of groups. People seem to like the direction it's going.

Then suddenly, out of nowhere, the head GM steps in and tells people they cannot be in local of other groups fighting uniques, something that completely contradicts and undermines ALL of this prior discussion and effort, with absolutely zero explanation.

In fact, the explanation given was "we wanted to avoid drama". Well, what about the drama that's already happened at previous unique slaying because of your lack of a stance on this topic until literally just now? Why did we have to suffer through that when you "clearly" disapprove of the actions that were taken?

I'm tired of seeing flipflops on things like this, this is literally just a classic case of hypo-criticism.

• Like 4

My plan. Make it so uniques destroy any "pens" they are put into. Then they go around destroying deeds and camping players until a big enough group is made to defeat them. If the unique destroys the whole server, so be it.

• Like 2

you realize theres like.. 10 people on Release?

Well, I am not sure about that, won't discard it off hand though. At all slayings, I did no or only minimal damage ("takes no real damage from the blow ..") with my sickle, which is obviously not that good against dragons and the like. On the other hand I bore the same risk (badly hit here and then) and was even successful with shieldbash a couple of times. Training a 2h weapon is on my program for the future anyway, yet I feel here a bit of righteousness and arrogance of "must learn to swing a huge axe people", the desire to lock out others.

I found it ok and fair that those who detected the unique and organized a slaying deserve the loot or decide about, no matter whether they keep or distribute it. The scale/hide and the blood was nice anyway. I would understand to limit that to active participants, no matter whether healers or fighters. But ok, I don't see a reason for drama. I liked the public events mainly for what they were, public gatherings of many players. Would be good not to destroy that.

• Like 1

Bleh.  Just put all uniques on the new Frontier or whatever it's gonna be, and subject to new rules of whatever that place is gonna be.  Problem solved.  Otherwise I don't see the drama ever stopping.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Amadee said:

Bleh.  Just put all uniques on the new Frontier or whatever it's gonna be, and subject to new rules of whatever that place is gonna be.  Problem solved.  Otherwise I don't see the drama ever stopping.

The drama will follow over to frontier too. It won't ever stop.

With that said, suggestion 1 from OP guarantees more private parties. If the team really wants to combat the private party issue, the first thing they need to do is make all drake/scale drops a standard weight (say 0.03kg).. no matter how many people are in local.

Because, as it stands now, there's theoretically no incentive for anyone to host a public slaying if they get way more leather with just a few of their buddies.

Edited by As_I_Decay
  • Like 1

As for the OP, I don't think we should leave players to rule these events given the greed and drama around them.. IMO best is to use a 'rift' or w/e "similar" automated way to spawn, kill, loot distribution... preferably.. give nothing to 2silver alts(new players will live just fine skipping 1 reward, can join any other after that; if you pay 8-10s a month that's a + for the game and you're paying just as much as anybody else.. alt or not.. at that point you deserve a piece of the pie~)

Edited by Pandalet
Moderation edit
  • Like 2

Remember when uniques didnt respawn?

Ahhhh those were the days

• Like 4