Sign in to follow this  
Warjack

Pristine Rift 06/24/19

Hello all o/,

Pristine rift is located around O13. Good location on desert. 

timer_E1561410280.svg

Yes, good place, inspected it too when returning from Cele rift. Something else: The tunnel in N18/19 to the sea suffers from numerous caveins, at least the rock caveins have the potential to propagate and finally close the tunnel. I removed one rock tile near the N18 opening where the canal was already narrowed to 1 tile water. If some two or three others with mining equipment and familiarity with that tunnel would join for an hour or two we could remove the worst mess. I could bring some 10 or so support beams in addition.

a bit late for me tonight, so not sure I will be there, depends how tired/bored I am this evening :) That east coast canal system you mentioned Ekcin is always in need of attention, will see if I can motivate myself sometime this week to go over to do some clearing up and strongwalling where possible, been busy on the Blossom to Lake Paramount canal instead. If you don't mind going around to Blossom as an option to the east coast canals, that canal is now open and usable for up to knarr size boats.

On 6/24/2019 at 12:21 PM, Tilda said:

a bit late for me tonight, so not sure I will be there, depends how tired/bored I am this evening :) That east coast canal system you mentioned Ekcin is always in need of attention, will see if I can motivate myself sometime this week to go over to do some clearing up and strongwalling where possible, been busy on the Blossom to Lake Paramount canal instead. If you don't mind going around to Blossom as an option to the east coast canals, that canal is now open and usable for up to knarr size boats.

Thanks for the response, Tilda. I had a short look at your and your local community's great work on Blossom Canal project. The East-West-connection is my main concern though, because, as a frequent traveller from northern Xanadu (that is where I hit the ocean usually) the eastern and western side, depending on wind situation,  are where I enter inner Pristine usually. Disruption would be a major mishap thus. I removed a few more of the rogue rock tiles in the meantime, still tens of them in need to be removed. As to the resource veins, the damage, partially narrowing the waterway, has happened and can't be easily reverted. The canal was 3 lane and all boats once, is 1 lane in some parts now, and navigating a cog or caravel through it would be .. challenging.

But the rock tiles still pose a threat, and at the effort to remove a single resource vein 50-250+ rock tiles can be cleared. So  securing that communication line should be seriously considered.

Edited by Ekcin
typo