Sign in to follow this  
nicedreams

Wagoneer Ship Transport For Across Servers

The concept of Wagoneers is pretty cool, but most of the time I buy bulk from someone I end up having to sail to another server, but would rather use a Wagoneer.  I propose you add another contract called "Wagoneer Shipping Port".  This would be a contract you can purchase that is 4 tiles in size and 2-3 stories tall (shipping dock) and place it right next to a water tile and must be connected to a highway.

When you want to ship something to another server, the Wagoneer would check if the pickup is on the same highway as a Shipping Port.  Then would allow you to ship to another server.  The Wagoneer would pickup your crates, travel to the ship port and load his wagon on a Caravel where you would see the Wagoneer set off sailing to another server.

Once it gets to other server it would pick the closest Shipping Port it can find that is connected to a highway near delivery zone, unload the wagon and continue it's journey to your deed for delivery.  If for some reason the person's deed is not connected to the same highway as the port, then the Wagoneer would drop off the crates at the shipping port and send you in-game mail stating that there is no clear path to get to you and you have to pickup from port.

To make this better, the game should check the other server Shipping Ports to verify if it has a clear path to deed for delivery so you'll know ahead of time if need to pickup at port or if it'll be able to get it delivered all the way to your deed.  Then can decide if still want to accept delivery before anything happens.

Personally I'd rather travel to a port on Xan to pickup my stuff if Wagoneer can't get complete path to my deed than sail 2+ hours round trip in low wind to other servers.

will not downvote here, but dont like the idea, people need to leave their deeds sometimes atleast :)

3 hours ago, Pankivtanke said:

will not downvote here, but dont like the idea, people need to leave their deeds sometimes atleast :)

They need to leave their deeds but for their own leisure and to do things they want, not to chase with people on different timezones just to make trade.. I find it very ridiculous that people are forcing other people to waste time traveling if they wanna trade, don't get what is your concern if someone doesn't want to travel to trade?

+1 for suggestion

Seems like a cool idea and great for those too busy to waste too much time traveling ??

4 hours ago, kochinac said:

They need to leave their deeds but for their own leisure and to do things they want, not to chase with people on different timezones just to make trade.. I find it very ridiculous that people are forcing other people to waste time traveling if they wanna trade, don't get what is your concern if someone doesn't want to travel to trade?

+1 for suggestion

im not forcing people to waste time traveling, im delivering things for free myself, which means wasting my time :) but why we need so much automation in wurm, ive seen suggestions to make sawmills and such, so if sawmills will be added, and "wagoneer ship transport" also, why would we just not add auto loader and not come online? :)

5 hours ago, Pankivtanke said:

im not forcing people to waste time traveling, im delivering things for free myself, which means wasting my time :) but why we need so much automation in wurm, ive seen suggestions to make sawmills and such, so if sawmills will be added, and "wagoneer ship transport" also, why would we just not add auto loader and not come online? :)

So where's all this automation in Wurm and demands for sawmills?  We have extendo mailboxes where you don't have to travel to sell anything anymore except materials cross server.

Wagoneer is the only thing and seems like very limited idea to only have on single server when can drive a large cart to pickup your stuff in 20 minutes (you'll get your stuff much faster than waiting for Wagoneer to do it) vs 2 hours sailing to another server where I'd think the real advantage of the Wagoneer should have been for cross servers in the first place.

Try living on Xan spending literally 20 minutes to get to a server border.  That's 40 minutes round trip just from home to server border and not even to destination.  Turns into a sailing simulator with no options to keep you busy.  I'd rather spend my time hunting.  And tired of hearing "you shouldn't live on Xan then".

After 4+ years of sailing in this game I only want to sail for events like trying to do 100 rifts.  I'm played out on sailing for materials.

My wife thinks I'm crazy when I'm sailing.  She see's me sitting at my computer staring at the screen and asks me why do I play this game, while I try to come up with a good answer.  Because it's a unique game?  That answer is getting played out too.

Edited by nicedreams

34 minutes ago, nicedreams said:

So where's all this automation in Wurm and demands for sawmills?  We have extendo mailboxes where you don't have to travel to sell anything anymore except materials cross server.

Wagoneer is the only thing and seems like very limited idea to only have on single server when can drive a large cart to pickup your stuff in 20 minutes (you'll get your stuff much faster than waiting for Wagoneer to do it) vs 2 hours sailing to another server where I'd think the real advantage of the Wagoneer should have been for cross servers in the first place.

Try living on Xan spending literally 20 minutes to get to a server border.  That's 40 minutes round trip just from home to server border and not even to destination.  Turns into a sailing simulator with no options to keep you busy.  I'd rather spend my time hunting.  And tired of hearing "you shouldn't live on Xan then".

After 4+ years of sailing in this game I only want to sail for events like trying to do 100 rifts.  I'm played out on sailing for materials.

My wife thinks I'm crazy when I'm sailing.  She see's me sitting at my computer staring at the screen and asks me why do I play this game, while I try to come up with a good answer.  Because it's a unique game?  That answer is getting played out too.

i clearly said im delivering things, dont tell me "try living on xan" when actually right now im delivering to inner xanadu with light breeze in my face.

This is part of the game, i will waste 2-3 hours for it. About wife, its your own thing, my wife knows why im staring at monitor for hours when winds are bad.

Edited by Pankivtanke

Shipping used to be profitable... as in making money for being that guy doing an 8 hour sail from Release to Inde.

Meh to all of you...