Sign in to follow this  
MinorArchitect

Xanadu Server Portal

After messing around a bit on Independence, I found a "Glimmering something-or-other Portal" in Haven's Landing, and took it to go to Xanadu. I have since set up a nice base near Greymead, which is where I teleported to, but I noticed that there was no "Glimmering something-or-other Portal" in Greymead, only an Epic Portal. With this new hunt event thing coming up in Independence, I was just wondering if anyone knew if there was another portal anywhere in Xanadu that I can take to get back to Independence without having to trek to the shore and make a boat.

Haven's landing is the spawn point for new players, and thus has a the "glimmering something-or-other" portal which allows new players to teleport to any server at the start of their experience. However, this is no longer the case once you get to your server of choice. If you want to go back to Indy, you will indeed need to take a boat.

Welcome to the game!

Don't hesitate to ask if you have questions :)

Edited by belacane
  • Like 2

The portal in Haven's Landing was a one time one way transport for beginners. Usually, there is no teleport between servers, and only limited possibility to teleport inside a server at high levels (karma teleport and meditation teleport to home deed), and summon soul by priests.

Inter server transport is done by ships. Either you build or buy (with ingame silver) a boat for your own, or search for someone to pick you up en route to independence.

And welcome and good luck in Wurm.

GM should put a sign there. Something to the effect that it is 1 use only with no return. Maybe when you click on it that sort of message comes up already?

=Ayes=

• Like 1