Sign in to follow this  
Bloodscythe

Player Impact on another Player

On 7/3/2019 at 8:26 PM, GorgonKain said:

Wurm is just a game. I have seen far too many people tie their self worth and lifestyle to it, wasting away because "wurm is real life." What is undeniable is the connections you make are very real, but far too frequently people are having a hard time divorcing the two concepts. Eating in Wurm does not satiate you, the person, nor does any other activity in the game. This kind of obsessive attachment to any game is not healthy, both physically and mentally.

On 7/3/2019 at 8:26 PM, GorgonKain said:

This way lies the road to madness.

Quite the exaggerated ending to your psychological analysis here. If any individual has a propensity towards some sort of socially unacceptable behavior labeled as "mental illness" it certainly is not brought on by playing Wurm in such a way that they get more satisfaction from it than the other world out there. Rather on the contrary it can be a soothing escape from the problems and interactions of the other life. If this is the case then playing the game could be looked upon as just the opposite of your warnings of doom, that being a sort of healing place of refuge for some period of time in terms of any anxiety.

Lets leave these speculative mental health assessments to the professionals who attempt to do it on an individual basis by dealing with those in need who think they might benefit from their advice. Any sweeping statements such as the above have no bearing when thrown out on a see-who-they-stick-to basis. The only time I see a problem with playing Wurm Online is when people neglect their responsibilities in RL and even in that case it is not my responsibility to lecture them as to how to arrange their lives.

I think you have strayed too far from the path of this Thread in your warnings of the road to madness that Wurm could become. At the worst "Player Impact on another Player" would knock them both to the ground and knock some sense into them at the same time. Cured!

*laughs*

=Ayes=

• Like 4

My biggest player impact is the group I got in from the start. Yuri is great and so helpful, warlock what can I say . He took a week of his precious time to help terrorform my land. Fairy for have a keen heart and her crazy colors. Eli she was the one who got me into the game. Earl who showed me the wonderful rare statues. These people showed me greatness of wurm. Also tell st abby that his chateredral is turning out very clean and nice looking. All the amazing builds I have seen on wurm! 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, darrellbeaugez said:

My biggest player impact is the group I got in from the start. Yuri is great and so helpful, warlock what can I say . He took a week of his precious time to help terrorform my land. Fairy for have a keen heart and her crazy colors. Eli she was the one who got me into the game. Earl who showed me the wonderful rare statues. These people showed me greatness of wurm. Also tell st abby that his chateredral is turning out very clean and nice looking. All the amazing builds I have seen on wurm! 

Wow ❤️  You are awesome Darrell :) Thank you for making our world brighter.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be playing Wurm if I did not have my alliance, I can safely admit that. The game can be a lot of fun but without the bonds, I've made on the way I wouldn't be here. My interactions with you have been quite limited honestly but we've done business and I consider you a loyal customer and trustworthy in my eyes that is a step in the right direction. I've also bumped heads with others with different views and ideas and it has lead to not pleasant interactions but I think we've all been through that.

In the end, I feel like the dwindling members of the community are part of me in a way because we are here together looking for the same thing, rather it's enjoyment or relationships and friendships. Even those I dislike, I'd welcome and help if there need be for a better cause that benefits us all.

• Like 1