Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Wsa silver sales and safety

2 hours ago, Alkhadias said:

Standard price for main toon + 1 choosed by player toon linked to same email sounds reasonable. 

But for people without alts, like me, there's still no use for it. 

I consider Wurm as expensive game, however as long as i feel security in my items and stock i have no bad feelings at all. I've never sold anything for real money, but just a feeling that i can in any moment to fund my playtime makes me feel better. That's why I am against banning sales and real money trades. Still i gotta pay about 25€ monthly minimum. Sometimes less, usually more. Deeds aren't free at all. And yeah of course i can keep up with upkeeps with in game trading and almnost dead, but still some economy. As long as i play... when I'm going for a break, then after a break a single payment to upkeep my playtime might be roughly 100€+

I am more than sure that would get out of game literally ton of players, because that's the most unique feature that wurm offers against other, especially "modern" mmos. 

Not quite sure what you mean. You can buy silver from the cash shop if you ever need it, and if you arent a silver buyer you can still get silver by trading/providing services. The elimination of rmt does not affect the buyers market, it only stops people from cashing out rl money from the game. 

On 6/26/2019 at 1:58 AM, Angelklaine said:

Not quite sure what you mean. You can buy silver from the cash shop if you ever need it, and if you arent a silver buyer you can still get silver by trading/providing services. The elimination of rmt does not affect the buyers market, it only stops people from cashing out rl money from the game. 

I'm buying premium time from the shop, however there's a huge price difference in coins price between players and wurm shop, that makes me not buying them from the shop. 

On other hand i have nothing against supporting players as well. If not players, game would be dead as well, so why not. Theyre putting some time and efforts too, it's not like they're just copy+ paste their coins. Everyone value own time, which is actually a good thing to me. None force anyone to buying coins from players. Everyone has a choice to make. It's our decisions makes us buying or not. We can't blame seller for our own decisions, we're adult guys. Theyre only giving us a choice, and having opportunity to choose is usually a good thing too.

Edited by Alkhadias
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Alkhadias said:

I'm buying premium time from the shop, however there's a huge price difference in price between players and wurm shop, that makes it not buying them from players. 

On other hand i have nothing against supporting players as well. If not players, game would be dead as well, so why not. Theyre putting some time and efforts too, it's not like they're just copy+ paste their coins. Everyone value own time, which is actually a good thing to me. None force anyone to buying coins from players. Everyone has a choice to make. It's our decisions makes us buying or not. We can't blame seller for our own decisions, we're adult guys. Theyre only giving us a choice, and having opportunity to choose is usually a good thing too.

I buy from players too. I have no gripe against silver sellers. I simply do not think developmental decisions should be made to protect their nest eggs. In my eyes the safety of people and their game enjoyment should come first over some silver sales.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

I buy from players too. I have no gripe against silver sellers. I simply do not think developmental decisions should be made to protect their nest eggs. In my eyes the safety of people and their game enjoyment should come first over some silver sales.

Ah, that way. Then yeah, i agree. Safety first.

Perhaps some in game rmt mechanism built for verified players. But I doubt it would be ever possible for codeclub to implement. Like you know, AH style. 

Edited by Alkhadias

1 hour ago, Alkhadias said:

Ah, that way. Then yeah, i agree. Safety first.

Perhaps some in game rmt mechanism built for verified players. But I doubt it would be ever possible for codeclub to implement. Like you know, AH style. 

They simply have no inclination to do so. They would have to monetize it in order to make it worth the effort and that would bring in oversight, regulation and a huge swath of other problems like chargebacks, stolen credit cards and plain old fraud. They would basically be taking the risk so YOU can make money by skirting around their own silver sales. Why would they do that? Currently you will be very hard pressed to find a game with such a system for currency sales.

I dont expect anything to change nor should it. This is why awareness is important. If you see some shady seller in trade chat, bring attention to the community. We can easily police ourselves.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2019 at 3:41 PM, MrGARY said:

If wurms economy was something similar to that of say, runescape, where your ingame coins are obtainable through many ingame methods and tradable with other players who also obtained them via ingame methods, and you can buy premium with those ingame coins, it would be a totally different story.

Here you have inadvertently pointed out the problem with how silver coins function within Wurm. This is the fact that they can be used to purchase Premium time and Deed costs within the game which then creates the current value of them beyond an in game player trade coin system. The solution is simple in that if Premium time and Deed costs were only payable through the Wurm Shop this would guarantee direct game income from these facets and then silver coin sales would become of lesser importance used only for in game player transactions.

Better yet remove silver coin sales completely from the Wurm Shop and make the current coin system obtainable within the game through creature kills, forage/botanize and various other in game activities. This would be common to most other online in game monetary systems where these currencies were not sold on their websites at all. If players then want to establish any value to these coins it is of no concern to the game whether they sell them or not since it has no effect on the game's profitability that enables it to continue and progress with positive additions of future content.

The real problem here is that the game has always been way too generous in surrendering these main sources of income (Premium time and Deed costs) for whatever motivations that they have determined justifiable. Silver coins sales are just another slit on the wrist to assist this sacrifice.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

On 6/21/2019 at 12:42 AM, Angelklaine said:

See this is why I buy from Goldfever and Silas. They are good peeps (sometimes!).

Heh...  Scam gold. Lol

10 hours ago, Sila said:

Heh...  Scam gold. Lol

They say no publicity is bad publicity--not sure that applies here though. I least I know who to blame for everything, Ping is off the hook for now it would seem.

Make an option where Wurm can "buy-back" gold from players, at a lower price that its sold on the Wurm shop, so some players aren't stuck with all that gold. Or even better, more money sink items that incite players on spending their hard earned coin on. (See: VERY SHINY STUFF THAT CAN'T BE MADE)

6 hours ago, Allenkey said:

Make an option where Wurm can "buy-back" gold from players, at a lower price that its sold on the Wurm shop, so some players aren't stuck with all that gold. Or even better, more money sink items that incite players on spending their hard earned coin on. (See: VERY SHINY STUFF THAT CAN'T BE MADE)

Yes because paying players to play your game should be the new meta.

3 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

Yes because paying players to play your game should be the new meta.

lol.

However idea with coins sinking, isn't bad at all. It's actually good.