Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Wsa silver sales and safety

WSA.png

Hi everyone, 

We have noticed an increase in suspicious silver sellers in global and trade chats. While we are doing our best to ensure suspicious accounts are removed, we would like to remind you all to be cautious when buying silver off other players as we may not be able to help. 

Be sure to only trade with people you trust and remember: IF IT LOOKS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT PROBABLY IS A SCAM. 

regards, 

The wurm team. 

• Like 19

What about the suspicious gold

eaf9dd876d946d8f0c7805ce37aec790.png

also that model is really low texture pls fix

Edited by Oblivionnreaver
  • Like 8

See this is why I buy from Goldfever and Silas. They are good peeps (sometimes!).

My basic rule is always to buy from a forum account that I recognize, has made a lot of legitimate posts and has been around for several years.  If they haven't been banned after all that time and are that invested in the game, they are really unlikely to risk it all to scam a little cash.  Many years using this rule and never a bad transaction.

What I would like to see is Code Club change their silver prices, to be a lot closer to the player market.  Not match, because that would force players to go lower.  It is a good balance now.  But if Code Club came down to 1s for 1.1e, then all the players that are nervous about buying from other players, would not feel so gouged on price.

How much does Code Club make in silver sales at the high prices now?  Try 1.1 price for 3 months and see what happens.

Also, let's get the web based deed upkeep system in place.  Even an Android app to tie into it.  Make it easy to pay upkeep and get silver and guess what... you will earn more $$ from your player base.

• Like 9

IP ban them if possible. Players have been getting lazy, you should never buy silver from randoms in trade chat.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Niki said:

IP ban them if possible. Players have been getting lazy, you should never buy silver from randoms in trade chat.

ip bans do nothing for this, even completely tech illiterate people can handle a short google to see one of many ways to get around it or just simply even getting a new ip

however slapping "ip ban" on everything ends up banning popular/easy/free vpns that legit players may need, such as real examples of someone spending ages looking to find a vpn to get around being hetznered because most of them were banned to stop boston

• Like 5

I have had no issues getting silver sold, this is a shame if people are ripping off or stealing. Bad for business too!

Wurm is a game and not a revenue stream for players, or a potential scam platform as has been proven time and time again. We need to start securing the games future.

Make coins [bound] unless spent at a money sink or a merchant, give all in-game items predefined monetary values and allow those values to fluctuate based on supply and demand. This way Wurm benefits from the purchasing of in-game currency and players can buy it safely. This creates a real economy and is a lot more transparent and fair trade friendly.

14 minutes ago, HexD said:

Wurm is a game and not a revenue stream for players, or a potential scam platform as has been proven time and time again. We need to start securing the games future.

Make coins [bound] unless spent at a money sink or a merchant, give all in-game items predefined monetary values and allow those values to fluctuate based on supply and demand. This way Wurm benefits from the purchasing of in-game currency and players can buy it safely. This creates a real economy and is a lot more transparent and fair trade friendly.

no

• Like 4

Just now, madnezz said:

no

Hey, you wanna buy some silver?

The way to fix the economy is and always has been acquisition and retention of new players.  If Wurm had a bare minimum of 10,000 active players, all of this ignorant economy dribble (and pvp whining) would disappear because the economy and the community would be stable and growing.  So if you are really interested in improving the economy, help find ways to attract more people to the game.

Edited by madnezz
  • Like 9

To add to the PSA:  The rash of offers today was suspect and here are the ones I found odd.  If you are legit just pm me and I'll edit you out of my post.

[2019-06-20] [14:36:52] <Khalil> (Xan) WTS 200 silver coins Paypal VERIFIED. 1:1 USD ratio.
[2019-06-20] [14:38:33] <Khalil> (Xan) wts 2 gold coins paypal verified 1:1 ratio USD
[2019-06-20] [14:51:52] <Khalil> (Xan) wts 2 gold coins paypal verified 1:1 ratio USD

[2019-06-20] [14:53:26] <Khalil> (Xan) wts 2 gold coins (200s) paypal verified 1:1 ratio USD

[2019-06-20] [14:53:10] <Sohmet> (Exo) WTS Silver coins  1s = 1e

[2019-06-20] [16:11:02] <Sohmet> (Exo) WTS Silver coins  1s = 1e

[2019-06-20] [17:12:46] <Sohmet> (Exo) WTS Silver coins  1s = 1e

[2019-06-20] [15:11:38] <Dracora> (Xan) WTS silver coins PST

[2019-06-20] [15:25:21] <Dracora> (Xan) WTS Silver Coins :)

[2019-06-20] [15:35:31] <Kreloz> (Ind) WTS silver coins
[2019-06-20] [15:38:15] <Kreloz> (Xan) WTS silver coins

[2019-06-20] [16:54:40] <Grandwizard> (Xan) WTS silver coins PST

[2019-06-20] [17:24:23] <Livelle> (Xan) wts silver 1:1 paypal USD

[2019-06-20] [17:35:05] <Odynn> (Del) WTS suspicious silvers - don't PM me... or maybe do!

Edited by madnezz

If you don't fix the mechanics of a system being used to scam players, increasing the pool size of players only increases the potential for scammers. My suggestion wasn't trying to fix the economy, it was to stop people scamming unsuspecting players and causing harm to our player base whilst creating an actual economy, not this 'sandbox' version of one.

i personally was never a fan of supporting players and there real life things, would rather spend the extra on a secure trade and support the game i play. Entropia Universe has a very secure and profitable way of trading money for ingame currency and vise versa. with that system the selling of accounts and currency for real world money is banned and only going threw the company is acceptable. with WU being close to WO, i can see people creating currency and items to scam more people, if the game gets more players that is. i do have to agree with wurmhole, make silver cheaper in store and better bundles.

like most sayed before, check your sources, references, and forum account, hopefully its a known player and not just trying to cash out and take what they can.

• Like 3

The last time this happened was over 4 years ago, please stop panicking.  No one is forced to used real money to buy from players so nothing needs to be changed.  Buy at your own risk is a sound policy.

better to buy from wurm shop, support the game and you now what you get

• Like 9

I would buy from Wurm shop if there was a buy X silver corns options where i can type 13, and I'd do that if it was a 1.5EU:1s ratio or something from shop

• Like 2

although wise enough should i buy silvers, to aim for £>$ (rather than Euro, post-brexit).
i believe the wurm shop should offer silver coins at the same ratio as our public-trade rate and have for some time.
i can only imagine that this is not so as to stoke the embers of commerce.
There is no scar upon gold sellers we (the consumers) get fair warning.

Edited by Steveleeb

Basically, don't buy silver from trade chat from randoms, I mentioned account linking forums to game for extra verification so buyer knows if your legit or a scammer and other stuff in discord. Stuff like that should be considered by the devs but they also shouldn't hold your hand either.

To add, as much as I'd like lower shop prices that isn't the solution to this.

Edited by Niki

How bout do away with silver selling, by both in game mechanics and by illegitimizing the practice? Boom. Problem solved. No more scams. 

I don't see why we must support people making rl money in game.

• Like 7

47 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

I don't see why we must support people making rl money in game.

I don't see why we must forbid it.

They are not supporting it right now, if they would to support it they would have to implement ingame mechanic, like trade window where you could link your paypal ingame and trade with people without risk.. They are simply not forbidding it now and that's all.

And don't be foolish, chance to earn some extra cash on side while doing something you like is the main selling point of this game for a lot of people, if they forbid that they wouldn't stick that long and population would be even smaller

If you want to ban something it should be account sales more than silvers...

Edited by kochinac
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, kochinac said:

I don't see why we must forbid it.

They are not supporting it right now, if they would to support it they would have to implement ingame mechanic, like trade window where you could link your paypal ingame and trade with people without risk.. They are simply not forbidding it now and that's all.

And don't be foolish, chance to earn some extra cash on side while doing something you like is the main selling point of this game for a lot of people, if they forbid that they wouldn't stick that long and population would be even smaller

That is arguable. It can also be argued that the fact the game is so riddled with RMT is why the game is in its current condition. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. When a new player cant get a set of tools because everyone is so interested in making rl money that they wont hook up a new guy, we are in a bad spot. 

• Like 3

I payed 10 swedish crowns per silver at the shop yesterday, that is a fair bit under 1 euro, purchased 1 gold..

But ok, maybe it is cheaper cause I pay with a (swedish) bank account?

• Like 1

Thanks for the warning, never too many of those!

7 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

That is arguable. It can also be argued that the fact the game is so riddled with RMT is why the game is in its current condition. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. When a new player cant get a set of tools because everyone is so interested in making rl money that they wont hook up a new guy, we are in a bad spot. 

Don't get it twisted, the reason the playerbase is shrinking has absolutely nothing to do with RMT.  

• Like 4