Sign in to follow this  
Wiluss

Wurm Back to Nature

This  is very nice work!! but I really wish it was possible for the game to do it by itself after a period of time...there are so many ruins from old deeds that we can't work on all of them.. and meanwhile others would be made.

Wurm would be even nicer if something like this was possible.

This would be a good ongoing thread, if more people did a little bit every now and then and showed it off. My old alliance on the Eastern Plains used to go about cleaning up everyone's trash and disbanded deed eyesores, sadly the fellowship is long gone and we are getting more people trashing the plains. Tis a never-ending circle, make it beautiful again then people want to move in to the nice environment,  such is life.

• Like 2

been doing this in exo, but stopped cause some players have been undoing the work :(

excellent work, nice to see other people doing this.

I used to call this night ninja work but it gave it a sneaky connotation , so now i call it nature reclamation.  I love this idea and glad to see others doing it.  Something i've done in real life is leave a place better than i found it wether a job or where i actually live.  timely as just finished up pruning and planting and think how much my place has transformed from a dreary emptiness to trees of differing heights, colors, textures, plants included which is now a lush oasis of ornamental border grasses, stone patio ensconced inf a variety of ever changing flowers through the season that attract humming birds, praying mantis, laydbugs, all that were absent before.  Bringing nature back is a good feeling in real life and in wurm.  Great post, as LL said would be good to see ongoing posts of nature reclamation.

• Like 2

On 6/20/2019 at 8:38 AM, Jonydowy said:

This  is very nice work!! but I really wish it was possible for the game to do it by itself after a period of time

Yes, I agree it is good work but the game should not do this for us. The game is all about players transforming these lands. These abandoned places are their "remains", sort of like corpses with memories tied to them. If old paved places are unpleasant to look upon anyone can remove them with some effort. This is justified and its own reward. Let's just be cautious about removing roads that seemingly lead to nowhere as they are actually paths to somewhere for some others to follow. If at the end there are a lot of paved patches or even huge ones then these are great candidates for removal.

I remember another thread like this not long ago, so this is a nice revival of the idea. I find that a high woa shovel helps cut down the timer a lot and makes the task not so time consuming. Then perhaps plant some trees or just gaze off into the distance thinking of the meadow that will cover the ground after you are long gone. Maybe forever, even.....

=Ayes=

• Like 5

I like seeing ruins, but these projects all look really nice.

a friend and I are working on doing the same thing around our area on Xanadu

On 6/21/2019 at 10:28 PM, Ayes said:

Yes, I agree it is good work but the game should not do this for us. The game is all about players transforming these lands. These abandoned places are their "remains", sort of like corpses with memories tied to them. If old paved places are unpleasant to look upon anyone can remove them with some effort. This is justified and its own reward. Let's just be cautious about removing roads that seemingly lead to nowhere as they are actually paths to somewhere for some others to follow. If at the end there are a lot of paved patches or even huge ones then these are great candidates for removal.

I remember another thread like this not long ago, so this is a nice revival of the idea. I find that a high woa shovel helps cut down the timer a lot and makes the task not so time consuming. Then perhaps plant some trees or just gaze off into the distance thinking of the meadow that will cover the ground after you are long gone. Maybe forever, even.....

=Ayes=

Glad I am not the only one feeling that way.

When I returned to Wurm after long break, it was amazing to find the land the way I changed it before. All those memories... all the hours spent on terraforming with my friends, the one tile wide road...

This is the reason I stayed. Because it was continuity, not a simple reset. Anyway, Ayes put it the great on the post above.

• Like 2