Sign in to follow this  
Angelklaine

Samling Pass & Samling Span are now open!

Greetings fellow citizens of Independence!

We are proud to announce the official opening of the new Samling Fjord highway system that links the highway east and west of the lake. It consists of two projects that together made the whole highway system possible. Samling Pass and Samling Span.

289464adc14f6954869c1c2aad2c7998.png(Location is approximate.)

Samling Pass (Herritage Site)

A massive tunnel system that links the Samling Span Bridge through the Nostalgia Community at 25x;12y exiting approximately at around 22x;14y. This system consists of a fully reinforced and clad 3 wide system with lighting installed. The tunnel connects the two highways and allows for the highway system to link with the east side of the Fjord without circumventing the lake and the mountains. Its a quick route allowing easy access.

Pictures:

Spoiler

a8755535cb9402ad318cc8812c7f5550.jpg

3e41aa4d1de4dd4d664d94d5c0c5ed26.jpg

0f459f1e123c85abc422cea86a4083ef.jpg

1133b45ebba385047eb8f058276a98a3.jpg

562500a4a13dd225a349bf1096fa0e3c.jpg

Samling Span:

The bridge connects the tunnel with the rest of the highway system east of the Samling Fjord. Its conveniently designed to allow for easy sailing and maximising esthetic value. We plant to introduce lighting to it in the near future.

Pictures:

Spoiler

dbcf80156208f80c5888ee4c37475f16.jpg

ab45464381489e91eb33ab04b023fa89.jpg

f0d9de142d9b95441db271421f9d5011.jpg

1405d8d0bd821e5a2a322eb294cb4bdd.jpg

93b1394549f0c16f774f4ad5a33f0835.jpg

5978ae508e5da5897e1346d7bebe41b9.jpg

Special thanks to my crew who helped me with this massive undertaking:

@arakiel Made most of the rock work and the planning of the bridge. Massive amounts of hours invested in making this project a reality.

@Magg Mined out a crazy amount of sandstone and other veins. Made our life much simpler.

@Draiodoir Thanks for the lamps and the work putting together the bridge. Even though you didn't have to, you put your back into it. A lifesaver.

@Pankivtanke Sold us a ridiculous amount of bricks and mortar. You made our lives easier!

GM Idunn for being so diligent on getting our Herritage Site request approved! Thanks for holding my hand througout the whole process!

And to all others who helped us along the way. 

Hope everyone gets to enjoy it!

Edited by Angelklaine
  • Like 18

Very nice work and an asset to those of us who live and/or travel in the north western part of the server.  

• Like 3

Awesome work there! Makes is so much better to travel in this region. Thank you

• Like 2

Amazing places! I just happened to pass by, easy on a toon on horse, easy on a toon on ship. I also stopped for the night. And hey, the owners of those deeds have even thought to make available very visible places for poor travelers to sleep! :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Anarres said:

Amazing places! I just happened to pass by, easy on a toon on horse, easy on a toon on ship. I also stopped for the night. And hey, the owners of those deeds have even thought to make available very visible places for poor travelers to sleep! :D

The Hotel is not finished but I intend to have it up and running fully soon. I had to take a break once the project was done :)

• Like 1

On 6/19/2019 at 8:19 PM, Angelklaine said:

Samling Span:

The bridge connects the tunnel with the rest of the highway system east of the Samling Fjord. Its conveniently designed to allow for easy sailing and maximising esthetic value. We plant to introduce lighting to it in the near future.

Hope everyone gets to enjoy it!

Gud'evening Angelklaine,  Sunday, Oct 6th, 2019 at 05:18 GMT

As promised to you back in June, the Street Lamping of the Samling Span Bridge, with 50 plus QL Blessed street lamps was completed yesterday at 23:35 GMT.

Apologies for the slight delay (only 4 months), but RL repeatedly got in the way of this improvement.

Twin rows of Named Street Lamps were installed so that the lamps (with bridge name) will be visible at night by boat or ships approaching the bridge from either side.

Hoping this makes navigation a wee bit easier in foggy weather, and night crossing a bit more enjoyable.

I'll be back down again later today, to put in Highway named lamps on both approaches to the Samling Span Bridge.

... and the name Samling Pass Hwy Tunnel has been added to the Albia Roads Map of Indy.

Warmest regards,

Hughmongus

Cartographer of Indy

Edited by HughMongus
additional facts.
  • Like 1