Sign in to follow this  
Henry

Tile Regulator - Replace any tiles with any tile you like

Made a little tool that will replace any tiles you specify with grass. Useful for when you want to reduce trees or bushes by say 30 or 50 percent or any way you like.

Always make a backup of your map files before using a tool like this! One wrong id or a percentage too high could lead to bad results!

Download (v1.2):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14cPUZkNyf43iwz8Hw0tWn15OIKHn0ef5/

Source code:

https://github.com/ThaHenry/regulator/

Provided config will replace exactly 50% of each id

Pre configured as source tiles are all normal bushes, you can change this to your liking

Will replace tiles with grass by default, can be changed in the config. You can also specify multiple tiles as target at once.

Config preview

Spoiler

//Disclaimed: Always backup your map before using this

// Percentage of ids to replace. 0 will replace nothing, 1 will replace everything. Only allows values between 0 and 1. Values like 0.00001 are possible

percentage=0.5

// Tile ids to be replaced. Will be replaced by replacement_id. Example Bushes: 142,143,144,145,146,147,160,166,169,172

source_ids=142,143,144,145,146,147,160,166,169,172

// Tile to replace the above with. Default: 2 (Grass) // It's possible to list multiple target ids, they will share percentage.

target_ids=2

You can edit the bat file in the zip or create your own

Basically use:

regulator.jar -map="C:/Wurm/MyMap" -config="C:/Tools/Regulator/regulator.config"

To get the id of tiles you can use the ebony wand, rightclick ground, special, change terrain. Id will be displayed in brackets.

Edited by Henry
Updated to v1.2
  • Like 1

This is great!  but it didn't work for me, not sure what im doing wrong. Also would you be able to let us choose what tile to replace with? I would like to replace some of the marsh with sand or trees with other types of trees. Also noticed all cave entries changed to stone I had to revert the server.

log 

https://imgur.com/a/1ElFq0R

Edited by Darkness1990

On 6/20/2019 at 9:04 AM, Darkness1990 said:

but it didn't work for me, not sure what im doing wrong. Also would you be able to let us choose what tile to replace with? I would like to replace some of the marsh with sand or trees with other types of trees. Also noticed all cave entries changed to stone I had to revert the server.

Updated it, it should now no longer mess around with your cave tiles :D It was closing cave entrances as well, this should now also be fixed.

ALSO added a replacement id to the config, where you can specify with what to replace the tiles :)

• Like 1

Updated once more (v1.2) :)

• You can now specify multiple ids as target
  • Renamed the config entries to be less confusing and cleaned it up a bit

Two possibilities to consider:

1) Would it be possible to specify a range based on map coords (for example from x1,y1 to x5589,y9232). This would make it possible to make changes to specific areas of map

2) Could you extend this to an equivalent functionality for ores? If this was possible then in combination with #1 it would become very easy to do some regional type spawning of ores.

hi

thx very much for this tool.....is perfect!

but...is it possible to add a function: target_AGE  ?

for example: target_AGE=Shriveled

and a mod that would do: DISABLE -> "shriveled tree will replant itself" would be perfect!!!