Sign in to follow this  
HexD

Licensed to kill

So here I was listening to rain on YouTube reading the opinions of the day and thinking about how I'd probably disappear most of these opinion givers if I was in charge, which led me to thinking about how much I'd have to pay Rolf to own Wurm, which led to me realising I probably couldn't afford to buy all of Wurm, which led to me brainstorming how I could control and influence parts of the game I'd like to see improved, which led to me having the idea of buying the PvP element of Wurm Online.

I'm not 100% on the terms of how it would operate but an over simplified example could be, WO PvP becomes like a WU PvP server that operates within the WO clusters with all its protections whilst paying a portion of it's revenue from active PvP players and deeds/instore purchases for continued client updates and PvE related content yet having complete control over all PvP related matters and code. It would incentivize the new PvP element owners to actively generate revenue for that aspect of the game whilst still providing revenue for WO and freeing up the WO staff for WO's real money maker, PvE. PvP orientated players can goto town on PvP content without detracting anything from PvE and if done right will only serve to boost WO as a whole.

Something like that, I thought it was an interesting idea and worth sharing a rough version of what it could be.

I wasn't joking about the rain, it's great background noise.

• Like 1

If Wurm would still be alive in 10 years id buy it just to remove the PVE side of things. 

Would be awesome seeing people lose their minds over their virtual sand castles. 

what is wrong with you
next time i say to someone `some people just wanna see the world burn` .. i'll think of you.

Sounds great hex, had to read it twice to get my head around it.
Creative thought, that's what we need.

Edited by Steveleeb
  • Like 1

It's an odd idea, but it does carry something really solid hidden inside it; you'd need a complete code split between PvE and PvP, which I think EVERYONE (except for your coders) is going to love.

You may also end up with content disparity, which means you'd need to lose chaos and move to a freedom/epic model.  This will have an impact on game silver flow, but at this point I very much doubt it would be a negative one.

• Like 1

It's like in Entropia Universe where players can buy planets and land masses, asteroids etc which are all specific areas hosted on their owns servers but +1, it could work if managed by the right players.