Sign in to follow this  
Mynerva

Templars freezing

Hi again. Forgot to ask about this also. Our templars keep freezing and do not attack hostile mobs despite being set to do so. Is this a WU issue or is it possible that a mod may be causing it? 

Is there a particular type of hostile mob?

For instance, I think they won't attack Anacondas since those are deity animals, and also won't attack avatars or uniques. 

Different issue though if you mean "crocodiles & trolls" types of mobs...

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

It is regular mobs, we get the notification in local but the templars don't move.

2 hours ago, Mynerva said:

It is regular mobs, we get the notification in local but the templars don't move.

A couple of things might be happening.  

If the mob is near the border of the deed, they might cross the border, then cross back out.  The templars will ignore them unless they are exactly on the deed.

Another thing is that if you have more than just a few templars, not all of them will respond to a particular mob. The ones that respond aren't necessarily the ones closest to the mob.  So if you had, for example, 6 templars, it's possible that all the ones closest to that mob will be at the other side of your deed and will take longer to arrive.

And of course, it's possible that your Settlement settings have accidentally been set to have templars ignore aggressive mobs.  Not sure why that setting exists, unless it's just that people like to see templars roaming around as decoration.

popped on and had a little poke.

Templars don't move off token, the alarm sounds as normal, if you kite mob to templar it attacks as normal.

Looks like you have the NPC mod, maybe check the settings on that to see if that is stopping movement in some way.

but no current default wurm the templars work fine, so either a mod or slight chance of corrupted install, more likely a mod.

--=== Edit ===--

I do notice your token isnt middle of tile though, which is weird. its on the border.

Edited by Cuddles

7 hours ago, Cuddles said:

popped on and had a little poke.

Templars don't move off token, the alarm sounds as normal, if you kite mob to templar it attacks as normal.

Looks like you have the NPC mod, maybe check the settings on that to see if that is stopping movement in some way.

but no current default wurm the templars work fine, so either a mod or slight chance of corrupted install, more likely a mod.

--=== Edit ===--

I do notice your token isnt middle of tile though, which is weird. its on the border.

Thank you so much Cuddles.  I will look at the NPC mod and see what settings there are. Idk why our token is not in the middle of the tile. Never even noticed that. 

9 hours ago, Batta said:

A couple of things might be happening.  

If the mob is near the border of the deed, they might cross the border, then cross back out.  The templars will ignore them unless they are exactly on the deed.

Another thing is that if you have more than just a few templars, not all of them will respond to a particular mob. The ones that respond aren't necessarily the ones closest to the mob.  So if you had, for example, 6 templars, it's possible that all the ones closest to that mob will be at the other side of your deed and will take longer to arrive.

And of course, it's possible that your Settlement settings have accidentally been set to have templars ignore aggressive mobs.  Not sure why that setting exists, unless it's just that people like to see templars roaming around as decoration.

Batta, thanks once again. You are always so helpful and kind. I did check each of those things. I will check again to be sure though. It is server wide though, not just in the starter town.

• Like 1

i tested on lan and moved a token, guards still spawn on the token and not where it should be and wouldnt move, unfortunately moving it back didnt seem to help. I had to disband and remake deed for them to work. So from what I can tell slap which ever GM moved the tokens and redo the deeds.  *shrug*

--=== Edit ===--

1 of the deeds did work after moving token back, second respawn of guards, I teleported tot he deed to see where token should be and moved it onto that tile then moved to center. Killed templars and waited for respawns, at first they didnt move but summoned a few cave bugs and eventually they moved to attack. So maybe try that before disbanding.

Edited by Cuddles

1 hour ago, Cuddles said:

i tested on lan and moved a token, guards still spawn on the token and not where it should be and wouldnt move, unfortunately moving it back didnt seem to help. I had to disband and remake deed for them to work. So from what I can tell slap which ever GM moved the tokens and redo the deeds.  *shrug*

--=== Edit ===--

1 of the deeds did work after moving token back, second respawn of guards, I teleported tot he deed to see where token should be and moved it onto that tile then moved to center. Killed templars and waited for respawns, at first they didnt move but summoned a few cave bugs and eventually they moved to attack. So maybe try that before disbanding.

I did move the token back to center and test, they seem to be working. We did remove the mod that allows crafting of kindom items. Not sure it that was causing an issue or not. I sure appreciate you testing stuff out. We have limited experience with modding, so learning as we go. We are just hard headed enough to believe we can do it.  

since i could recreate it moving token then i doubt it was the kingdom items mod, glad you could get the templars working again.

1 hour ago, Cuddles said:

since i could recreate it moving token then i doubt it was the kingdom items mod, glad you could get the templars working again.

thanks again

4 hours ago, Mynerva said:

I did move the token back to center and test, they seem to be working.

When you set up a deed, there is a minimum 5 tiles in each direction.  I wonder if it would work if it was on the 6th tile in?

Glad it's working now, though.