Sign in to follow this  
Tuga

Poofing meat!

Hello, so I got I fe champ mobs on deed that r my pets.
I always feed them so they dont starve and die, by dropping meat where they stand.
One thing I noticed since about 2 or 3 weeks ago is that the meat was disappearing very fast. So I noticed that if I drop the meat on the ground, after 2 or 3 days it just evaporates... Its not taking decay damage, it doesnt get to rotten or moldy or what ever, it just vanishes be4 taking any decay tick.

Way to reproduce: drop meat on the ground on deed, check it daily and about 2 to 3 days later its gone. No decay on it on those 2 or 3 days.
Fix please, got champs bashing hungry cause now i need to feed em every 2 to 3 days...

Btw Im using 46.2ql horse meat...

Edited by Tuga

Try fish filets, Tuga.  I have observed that they don't decay nearly as fast as red meat..... so maybe they'll take longer to magically disappear?

Maybe connected to the issue of snowballs decaying insanely fast in larder iceboxes since a few weeks?

The solution of course is ANIMAL KIBBLE

CatDogFoodPhoto-300x131.jpg

which lets us use SLOW COOKING in CAULDRONS to turn perishable foods, leftovers, grains and animal byproducts (tails, paws, bladders etc)  into dry long lasting animal feed.

Also solves the problem of animals eating larger bulk-units than they need to feed them, by offering them delicious bite sized morsels.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

The solution of course is ANIMAL KIBBLE

CatDogFoodPhoto-300x131.jpg

which lets us use SLOW COOKING in CAULDRONS to turn perishable foods, leftovers, grains and animal byproducts (tails, paws, bladders etc)  into dry long lasting animal feed.

Also solves the problem of animals eating larger bulk-units than they need to feed them, by offering them delicious bite sized morsels.

-1; no.. rather toss meat.. let animals be animals and chew and rip bits of the meats #SAVAGE

* hope no pigs are randomly running around tuga's place and eating all the food he spills around ?

This sounds like it could be linked with the issue I had with my lunchbox where I left it in my cart for 4 hours and the fresh cooked meal vanished

Speaking of meals vanishing quickly, I had some wrapped, 99.05 QL herb dumplings take serious damage within a couple days, where they used to last literal months without damage in my boat. This batch of 4 had taken 2-3 damage ticks each within 4 RL days.

Edited by Shydow

any clue if devs have changed food decay rates ~recently?