Sign in to follow this  
LightningRoc

RP Server Idea and where to get staff.

I will be taking my server machine and colocating it at my buddies data center here in the very near future.  On that server I want to build the mother of all Roleplay Servers!. Im thinking about 10x on the rates fast timers and mods.  The only problem is I'm not super famillar with Wurm as I have only been playing for about 6 months.  Not sure what mods to have and such.  I want a some what WUrm Official feel to it, but with higher rates and such.  I would also like trade routes setup and stuff like that.

My question is what forum could I use to help find people that would want to help set this up.  I am looking for people dedicated to the RP aspect of if, and maybe even thinking of developing a mod that creates jobs on the server.  Like anyone would do /Furniture  and it would list every one on the server that registered as a furniture maker.  I have a friend that can write mods, when hes not busy at microsoft working on the new windows release lol.  

Mainly I am looking for builders and admins and server managers.  People to help with the daily running of the server and developing the town and villages and such.  I plan on having atleast one custom map at this time, but might expand it to a total of 5, we will see.

If you would like to discuss this with me either respond to this message or shoot me a PM on here.  Im usually on about 12 hours a day, so the likelyhood that I will get to your message quickly is quite high!

Samos

im currently building my own server, not really "RP" but with a back story and lots of RP type stuff people can find and explore in game, but still being very sandboxy.

I'm basically trying to build a server with an adventure feel to it so information is not just given to people - if they want a map they will have to go find one, like in the library or university or maybe some npc in a tavern has one etc, if they are on a frontier there prob wont be any maps about but local npcs might have bits of info if you talk to them etc.

I spend most of my time working on my own server but im more than happy to collaborate and help you out with ideas and stuff, and with "how to get stuff done as a gm, tho im still learning myself". I can also point you at decent mods as iv spent a long time searching through.