Sign in to follow this  
tonygreeen

Does anyone think tall walls should be buffed ?

A buff seems to definitely be in order. But what about also reducing the accuracy of catapults. Lets face it, historically, catapults were NOT the most accurate of beasts. Even with the same amount of winching and the same angle, that stone could hit anywhere in a pretty good area.

* The tile a stone lands on should be selected semi-randomly from the tile which surround the "target" tile.

* Then the item or items damaged should be selected from that tile.

* Taller things (like walls) on the hit tile are more likely to be hit than shorter object (fences, etc)

* Object occupying the whole tile (house) would almost certainly be hit.

* A higher QL catapult would be a more accurate than a low QL catapult.

* Having a higher catapult skill improves the chance of hitting the center tile.

* A catapult filled with lots of smaller shot, rather than one big lump, should have little chance to damage structures, but should be very rough on people standing on the hit tile.

I haven't used a catapult yet, so forgive me if some of these ideas are already implemented, I am jus putting down ideas from what I know of siege warfare.

if you want to add accuracy, catapults were relatively easy to destroy, with an axe blow in the right place the next time its would up the thing would destroy it self and anyone standing to close to it.

so how about allowing axe wielders the option to sabotage catapults. obviously if the catapult is examined..... and your repair skill high enough you might notice the fiddling before you try and load it.

or

with a few extra hits a axe wielder could destroy a catapult.

ye sure if you want to stay holed up inside ye walls then ye deserve what will happen, but if your willing to risk it why not run out and destroy those catapults, then run back inside to defend and repair, before the next sortee.

Towns use longhouses rather then stone walls because if you destroy one wall, you still have the whole building... look at the Kyara long houses. You have to take out... 64? walls to touch the ground under it.

How about just nerfing the catapult instead I was on the test server with a 50ql heavy maul and each action which took like 25 seconds damaged an 80ql tall stone wall .2 damage which means it would take me like 3 hours of nonstop swinging to destroy the thing

Just adding another +1

Hopefully nothing else looks like it needs to be nerfed so this can get done...

Well, for me personally, the issue is with decay. The damn walls decay so fast :/

Emh .....>You guys ever tryed to bash a tall stone wall of suberb ql with a maul ?

4-5 People need 40 min to bash that.

In 40 min you have more then enough time to altert your town mates.

And 1-2 defenders are enough (one make shards the other the bricks then repair) so you can't bring it down to 100 damage.

With catapults it is more easy but even then you need supprters that mine and make the cata and transport the ammo .So you also have enough time to altert the guys.

Noone attack a defended town....

So ones you bring some people online to defend the attackers mostly retreat.

Bump. Tall walls are still in need of some buffing.

They should definately be buffed, and be made easier to improve..

Also, reduce decay!

I think they are terribly weak a few cata shots and they r down.

I would like to see it worth it to have forts guarded by tall stone walls, not houses.  The current system is flawwed imo. 

House walls should take extra damage to catapults. . . .  something needs to change.

+1

just make it so repairing the tall walls are faster, currently most actions on tall walls are like 30secs consistently, but faster depending on brick QL and masonry skill on houses.

make it like that on tall walls and problem solved.