Sign in to follow this  
Gofs

Stuffed Animals & Creatures

Friends, Wurmians! So long time i was missing that, and i think you did miss that too... Scarecrows must be added!

So Many times we slay uniques, and how we use bodies after? Yeeeeees we drop then on a floor, near the wall inside the house, to decrease decay, and to make them looks like walking by wall... But in a week or 2 they will disappear! Gorgeous beautiful textures, of the Dragon, will just decay, as they don't have another usage! >.< 
You are New player and just slay first Champion Spider, that actionaly higher than your 1 tile house?! You probably wanna show that to friends, but too sadly tomorrow when they will log in he might be decay away out of house and deed... So bad so pity.. 
What if we will add the possibility to make scarecrows / stuffed, dunno how do they called correctly, sorry for my eng, good translate did his best but... 
Imagine that we can use some needle + 10-15 (for uniques maybe 100-150) grasses to make a scarecrow will also need about 50-60 cloth tailoring!  That a new usage for grass, not only roofs and food for horses in caves... And for corpses like unique corpses..
And you can keep your achievements 'alive' :) 

It's can be displayed, or it's can be the whole creature, up on you, but need to save memories about our uniques, and chapoins that was slayed ? this days even hard to see unique :P let me enjoy at least display :) 

Spoiler

4598799392.jpg

Please, friends, think about it, and put +1  ;) 

Edited by Gofs
  • Like 3

Oh, you're talking about stuffed creatures for display?

Sounds like a nice idea. Cut take their stuffed heads and put on display too!

+1

We have a rudimentary version of that on Sklotopolis.... use a wax on a corpse, voila!  Decay-proofed corpse (on deed).  We recently had food items added to that so that you can keep that rare fruit as decoration for many a Wurm year, months on end to go harvesting a new one for eventually (gotta eventually blackmail the admins to just make them 0 decay, got my sources working overtime).

Unique corpses are thus a raffle item too.

Edited by Mordraug
  • Like 1

yeah well, that works also!

Thing is that, just waxed corpses will lay on floor like dead, and scarecrows will stay like alive ? so for uniques, that will be much better than wax, but for all rest and regular corpses > your idea sounds better!

Edited by Gofs

Oh I'd love it if the Wurm base code came with the lines needed for proper taxidermy.

I for one don't keep preserved corpses, would rethink that if they could be preserved in poses.  2 or 3 poses per creature.

Say, wolves could have the options:  standing, fighting stance, and howling.

Trolls could be in a club-swinging pose, standing, or picking nose.

etc.. 

• Like 1

well this one sounds great, but i think it's also not really easy to do, but just standing taxidermy for creatures > can be much easier, and it's good start 

I'll ask them for screenshots, I can confirm that 3 friends have easter bunnies "sleeping" on their beds =P 

WoW! didnt know about this posts! thank you! maybe let's bring them up? i hope that will increase the chance to have positive result... 
And why shame? i just didn't seen this in the game so wanted to suggest.. I didn't really check forum - true, but im usually not so active on a forum, still very new here. 

it's only a shame because when you create a new thread instead of adding momentum to an already existing thread.
all the previous +1's get ignored in favour of a new sheet.
Retro has collated requests into a single thread before (missing keybinds) but it is a burden that he can't be expected to do everytime a clone is created.
I want your words to have power but everytime someone creates yet another thread for a common idea, your efforts get ignored unless the subject matter gets lucky.

best thing to do is google (or other) <wurm suggestions ********>
don't worry too much about the mindfulness, you're not the only one,
after years, i've had to stop caring, happens too often..  but occasionally i see very popular ideas re-created and i have to step in, to honour the 10,000 words that came before it.

Edited by Steveleeb

On 6/11/2019 at 8:24 AM, Gofs said:

Scarecrows must be added!

Also was thinking about this too and the possible addition of crows.