Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Valrei International. 085

sVm9GCs.png

View from deed - Silvirwolfe

Greetings Wurmians! 

A quick news this week as I am preparing to go away for a week long camping in the wilderness, lucky me! 
Today marks the 13th anniversary since Wurm went gold, which is amazing! We'll be covering what's been happening in the world of Wurm with events and plans this news, so lets get into it

Elevation Reset Poll

The plans for the elevation reset are now open for voting! We have had over 160 votes so far and things are going smoothly, if you play PvP and have not yet voted, please take the time to vote, as it all counts! 

You can discuss the changes in the feature feedback thread here

Valrei Invasions
The Valrei invasion event finished up this week with a lot of fun had by all. Certainly the most violent events we've had in a long time, with one racking up over 8 kills! Go me. 

We enjoyed testing the new valrei creature mechanics, and we hope you all had a lot of fun with the format. We'll be working on some more ideas for pop up events for you all to enjoy. 

In the meantime, tell us what you thought about it!

Wurm launcher changes
With the coming changes to JNLP ending support we will be shifting to an exe launcher. This will ensure a lot of Java issues will be resolved as it will include our own recommended version of Java. This will also enable us to bring the preview client to Mac! So lots to look forward to there!

Independence turns 10!

To celebrate the 13th Anniversary of Wurm going gold, as well as Independence turning 10, we will be organising an event with a special commemorative item! The event will be a hunt on Independence towards the end of the month, so get your roadmaps out and study up!

wurm.20190604.1802_1.jpg

Community Content 
We've been loving you all sharing your distant tree shots, and some have even found their way on social media! It's really awesome to see everyones different views and unique places in the world of Wurm, so keep on sharing them! 

That's it from me, I'm about to head off on a week long of zero internet, it's going to be great! In my absence though, No wild parties, keep the place running, do your homework, and most importantly, keep on Wurming!
Retrograde & the Wurm team

• Like 7

another val, sweet.. ps, first

have fun camping, is that like a VR wurm game?

the invasions were also really fun, i hope to see more gm driven events.

Edited by ZeldaGold

First! Not so first after all.

Looking forward to the anniversary hunt!

P.S. @Retrograde, make sure to double check you have all your tent poles... Sucks to put a tent up and notice there's a broken one (Or one is completely missing)...

Edited by Allenkey
Not first to post
  • Like 1

great news thank you! With the coming changes to JNLP ending support we will be shifting to an exe launcher. This will ensure a lot of Java issues will be resolved as it will include our own recommended version of Java. This will also enable us to bring the preview client to Mac! So lots to look forward to there!

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

a week long camping in the wilderness

Don't get lost ! (yes, I get lost a lot) … and be sure to look behind you when engaged in combat, cause they really like to sneak up behind and double team you, if your not paying attention ! Mobs are evil.

TeeeBOMB

PS have fun ? 

Edited by TeeeBOMB
more words and an emoji

Don't forget a few extra logs and wood scraps , and a branch or two for rat on a stick .

You never know wen you may get hungry out there .

Oh and some dirt to lvl off the ground some , always handy .     have fun out there campers .    ?

3 hours ago, Retrograde said:

This will also enable us to bring the preview client to Mac! So lots to look forward to there!

That is really good news.

Really looking forward to getting those things that being stuck with an old compatibility OpenGL version has meant we have not had on Mac. It will be really nice not to get rained on indoors, to read those signs, and (hopefully) all the advances that the modern renderer brings with it.

5 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Independence turns 10!

To celebrate the 13th Anniversary of Wurm going gold, as well as Independence turning 10, we will be organising an event with a special commemorative item! The event will be a hunt on Independence towards the end of the month, so get your roadmaps out and study up!

*squeals with excitement*

The mini dragonfang looks amazing!! can't wait!

Great Fang statuette! I really hope the events will not be the same days I'll have my own wilderness visit at the end of month... Hard to treasure hunt from a canoe.

Also enjoy your time without the silver line to virtuality!

Edited by Jaz

Looks like good news about the .exe launcher - this should make loading and running the game more straightforward for new players, new machines and returners. :)

7 hours ago, Retrograde said:

With the coming changes to JNLP ending support we will be shifting to an exe launcher. This will ensure a lot of Java issues will be resolved as it will include our own recommended version of Java. This will also enable us to bring the preview client to Mac! So lots to look forward to there!

Whats about Linux client?

• Like 1

Just remember to mine and smelt a few lumps of iron before you go, because you know you'll need some random nails or something.  And don't forget to put all your tools back in your backpack before you leave your house!

7 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Today marks the 13th anniversary since Wurm went gold, which is amazing!

Congratulations to Rolf, the Developers, Wurm Staff and Volunteers that have made all this possible! Although I missed the start by a few years the rest of the journey has been most enjoyable to participate within, for without the above people there would have been no in to be. Uh huh!

=Ayes=

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nekoexmachina said:

Whats about Linux client?

I took it evident that we'll have a Linux client too - as we have the WU launcher for Linux too. I strongly hope it will be the case.

Of course, there'll be a Linux build as well - at the start we'll have both the native launcher and the jnlp still, to work out any issues with the first one.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Samool said:

Of course, there'll be a Linux build as well - at the start we'll have both the native launcher and the jnlp still, to work out any issues with the first one.

Good. thank you for info.

What is the launcher planned to be implemented on top of? GTK? Qt?

Someone getting frags last night came across one named special piece of a gift box ????  10 th year surprise maybe ??

I am so happy I stuck it out first day I tried Wurm so many years ago .

Thanks for all the fun Wurmians ....

Some good work for sure ^

• Like 1

Wurm launcher changes
With the coming changes to JNLP ending support we will be shifting to an exe launcher. This will ensure a lot of Java issues will be resolved as it will include our own recommended version of Java. This will also enable us to bring the preview client to Mac! So lots to look forward to there!           ok i went to play the game but my java saids  the certification's is not the same  and i deleted the old java and reinstalled java but still nothing what am i doing wrong to get the game to work, is there a new launch button on the main page, cause i copmplete4ly deleted the old java and old wurm start up, and as i said i reinstalled both, nothing is working

8 minutes ago, Russwoods said:

Wurm launcher changes
With the coming changes to JNLP ending support we will be shifting to an exe launcher. This will ensure a lot of Java issues will be resolved as it will include our own recommended version of Java. This will also enable us to bring the preview client to Mac! So lots to look forward to there!           ok i went to play the game but my java saids  the certification's is not the same  and i deleted the old java and reinstalled java but still nothing what am i doing wrong to get the game to work, is there a new launch button on the main page, cause i copmplete4ly deleted the old java and old wurm start up, and as i said i reinstalled both, nothing is working

On 6/5/2019 at 9:43 PM, Retrograde said:

Wurm launcher changes

pretty please

does this mean we are going to have an actual launcher app with an updating function that doesnt always require a close out and that can launch the game without closing the launcher app itself

plssssss tell me you're going the extra step

much like newer games have these days, you have the launcher app that will launch the client, and doesn't close the launcher app

Edited by platinumteef

13 hours ago, platinumteef said:

pretty please

does this mean we are going to have an actual launcher app with an updating function that doesnt always require a close out and that can launch the game without closing the launcher app itself

plssssss tell me you're going the extra step

much like newer games have these days, you have the launcher app that will launch the client, and doesn't close the launcher app

Not right now, the launcher itself will remain the same, it's just starting it that's different. This will allow us later on to change the launcher to what you've described, that's still the goal, but it's not something we're currently working on.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Samool said:

Not right now, the launcher itself will remain the same, it's just starting it that's different. This will allow us later on to change the launcher to what you've described, that's still the goal, but it's not something we're currently working on.

fug yea my man thats what i like to hear