Sign in to follow this  
Niki

Current state of discord moderation.

Lately it feels anything said lately that is nitpicking or mild in nature on Wurm official discord is being handled poorly. Such events as, forcefully hiding entire dialog's between players, cover ups, bans, and even mutes. Even recently and I've been the victim of this, aggressive posting by staff members misinterpreting players. Worst case scenario; active ingame bans because of what people jokingly meme'd about because they assumed it had more freedom of speech than ingame. People make mistakes, discord for the most part isn't a police state overall in other channels, so I'm not sure why this game in particular treats it customers in this manner. Generally Wurm discord is a police state at the moment. Most users hardly use it anymore because of fear of getting muted or banned. Anything said can be used to misquote you at any given time. A lot of us have moved onto a new discord that is censor free and less annoying.

What do you think? Have you noticed this as well?

• Like 5

Anyone getting moderation actions against them in the Wurm Discord server are getting moderated because they are breaking server rules.

Moderation is also logged, so there isn't a case of anything being "covered up" and all moderation can be reviewed if needed. If you have an issue with something a moderator has done, you can PM Capi about it directly so the situation can be resolved. You can also file a ticket using the support system we have set up.

For what it's worth: Getting permanently banned from the official Wurm Online Discord server is difficult. It's the last step in a series of escalating punishments, and generally requires a series of flagrant rule violations.

To reiterate: Discord moderation cases are always logged by staff and can be reviewed as necessary. If you have an issue with an action taken by the Discord moderation staff, it can be reviewed, provided you use the proper methods to inform us of this.

Edited by Ostentatio
  • Like 4

forget it, why am i even wasting my time

Edited by Niki
  • Like 7

7 minutes ago, Ostentatio said:

Getting permanently banned from the official Wurm Online Discord server is difficult

Joey cant say that

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ostentatio said:

If you have an issue with an action taken by the Discord moderation staff, it can be reviewed

With that said I'll be locking this thread, it's unlikely to go anywhere constructive and we won't be reviewing the ban. 

weird

• Like 1

Anything moderators do is logged. Once an issue comes up I can review it precisely and take care of it. But yet I have never received any kind of complaint or pm about something (from the top of my head) that needed any investigation. 

So please: If there is an issue talk to me. I can not review issues if they're not brought to me. If you feel treated wrong or if you think there is some kind of censorship going on then just pm me about it. I can see anything that happens on discord when it comes to deletion of message and bans. I do not want anyone to feel like staff is filtering out conversations for any reason.

I do not tolerate such behavior by staff and it has not been an issue thus far. 

You can contact me 24/7 on discord or here on the forums and I'm more Than happy to listen to you and take care of any issues that may rise. 

I am currently at work and only have the mobile way to post here so please bear with any mistakes I made. 

• Like 3

I was referring to Discord moderation specifically. The Discord moderation team is separate from the GM team, and has nothing to do with Propheteer's case or any other GM case.

1 minute ago, Alexgopen said:

weird

Prophs ban on discord was a result of him getting removed from all our platforms

5 minutes ago, Capi said:

Prophs ban on discord was a result of him getting removed from all our platforms

See OP, this right here is why people don't want to use your discord.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Votip said:

Joey cant say that

Joey had a significant moderation history prior to getting banned. It was nowhere close to a single incident, as bad as that incident was. Anyone who tells you that Joey was banned from Discord over a single event is mistaken.

1 hour ago, Niki said:

See OP, this right here is why people don't want to use your discord.

You join it every day, then rage quit when someone hurts your feelings.

• Like 5

Why would you expect that discord would be moderated any different to any of the official channels?  This isn't some sort of public interest, state supplied communications platform, it's a privately-run community, run by a commercial business, for their benefit.  There's no free speech, nor should you have any expectation that there would be.  If you don't like it, go use other channels, or create your own - I'm sure the various moderation teams would heartily love you for it!

• Like 2

Now I'm mostly curious why this thread is still alive - not locked or closed.. if they have made a new channel of their own to chat freely..

..and I'm also a tiny bit.. wondering what niki did to get muted/banned/warned or w/e, in a way.. that could show what rules are 'fending others from.

36 minutes ago, Finnn said:

wondering what niki did to get muted/banned/warned or w/e, in a way

Niki is not muted or banned from the Discord server, and as far as I can tell, she never has been.

1 hour ago, Finnn said:

Now I'm mostly curious why this thread is still alive - not locked or closed

There is no need to close it. Why would we close it. Nothing ghere breaks rules and I welcome healthy discussions. 

• Like 1

As Capi says, there isn't anything here that breaks the rules.  Respectful discussion is fine, so long as it doesn't stray into baseless accusations or general staff bashing.

As has been stated already, if you feel that staff are behaving inappropriately, send a private message to the head of the respective team (the full list is available here: https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/4976-wurm-online-staff/ ).  If for whatever reason you feel unable to go to the team lead, take it to Enki.

• Like 2

i give free hug's :) life to short to fight all the time.

On 6/5/2019 at 2:15 PM, Ostentatio said:

Anyone getting moderation actions against them in the Wurm Discord server are getting moderated because they are breaking server rules.

Moderation is also logged, so there isn't a case of anything being "covered up" and all moderation can be reviewed if needed. If you have an issue with something a moderator has done, you can PM Capi about it directly so the situation can be resolved. You can also file a ticket using the support system we have set up.

For what it's worth: Getting permanently banned from the official Wurm Online Discord server is difficult. It's the last step in a series of escalating punishments, and generally requires a series of flagrant rule violations.

To reiterate: Discord moderation cases are always logged by staff and can be reviewed as necessary. If you have an issue with an action taken by the Discord moderation staff, it can be reviewed, provided you use the proper methods to inform us of this.

I dont often enjoy speaking about staff, and I am really fond of Obstentatio and the work he does, but I laugh my rear end off at this.

I am a member of 3 major communities in discord: A major game community, a Political commentary community and a law enforcement community. NONE of these communities, not even the cops, have such restrictive and incredibly dumb rules as our discord has. None. I have been warned for.saying simple and rather mild words I have never been warned for in these forums, and the fact that I have been there makes me avoid our discord like the plague. You guys have made exactly what we asked you to not do out of it. Hell, PG-13 movies have more colorful language than what our discord allows. Its ridiculous.

So yes, I dont post there for fear of ridiculous moderation. You guys need to lay off on the damned whip.

On 6/5/2019 at 2:26 PM, Capi said:

Which arose out of a comment made on discord. And until staff mans up and decides to release the reason why they banned him, is what most of us will believe. Otherwise why won't you tell us? Transparency was promised, remember?

4 hours ago, Pandalet said:

As Capi says, there isn't anything here that breaks the rules.  Respectful discussion is fine, so long as it doesn't stray into baseless accusations or general staff bashing

Don't make me laugh. There are posts out there that have been open for years, but the moment someone puts forth their frustrations with staff, you are the first one to come running and hide the post or lock the thread because "everything that needed to be said was said.". Since when do we close threads after a specific amount of.time? Or does this new rule only applies to threads you don't like?

I said it before and I will say it again, this game is ruled by censorship. Even posts which break no rules are regularly censored if they hurt the feelers of someone in some way. Don't pretend it doesn't happen.

This post will get.hidden in 5... 4... 3...

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Noizhead said:

drink coffee every day

i couldn't hit the coffee emoji, figs will you sponsor me peeees.

• Like 1

That way we can be wired as fook and go off the rails and teeter on the brink of the ban wagon slurping some java 8.0742e from a chipped, thick rimmed undersized cup stolen from Denny's.  Sounds like a magnum gurl I knew once.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

I dont often enjoy speaking about staff, and I am really fond of Obstentatio and the work he does, but I laugh my rear end off at this.

I am a member of 3 major communities in discord: A major game community, a Political commentary community and a law enforcement community. NONE of these communities, not even the cops, have such restrictive and incredibly dumb rules as our discord has. None. I have been warned for.saying simple and rather mild words I have never been warned for in these forums, and the fact that I have been there makes me avoid our discord like the plague. You guys have made exactly what we asked you to not do out of it. Hell, PG-13 movies have more colorful language than what our discord allows. Its ridiculous.

So yes, I dont post there for fear of ridiculous moderation. You guys need to lay off on the damned whip.

Which arose out of a comment made on discord. And until staff mans up and decides to release the reason why they banned him, is what most of us will believe. Otherwise why won't you tell us? Transparency was promised, remember?

Don't make me laugh. There are posts out there that have been open for years, but the moment someone puts forth their frustrations with staff, you are the first one to come running and hide the post or lock the thread because "everything that needed to be said was said.". Since when do we close threads after a specific amount of.time? Or does this new rule only applies to threads you don't like?

I said it before and I will say it again, this game is ruled by censorship. Even posts which break no rules are regularly censored if they hurt the feelers of someone in some way. Don't pretend it doesn't happen.

This post will get.hidden in 5... 4... 3...

What exactly is too strict or censored? Please send it to me. Pm works. I do not want anyone to fear posting on discord. People only get banned on discord if they have a long history already or are so called toxic players. 

33 minutes ago, Capi said:

so called toxic players. 

The ultimate catch all.

• Like 2