Sign in to follow this  
elentari

Taking epic portal forcibly completes Journal goals to completion

So this highly unpleasant event happened to me today. A friend asked me to come over to epic to fix some permissions issues. I took the portal from Deliverance.

Before I pop over I was working on my goals for journal.  I was making colossi bricks to finish "Going the distance". 

https://imgur.com/a/FEo5N6c

Then I portal over to Epic and guess what?

Congratulations you have completed  Going the distance, professional title and +2.5% permanent skillgain increase.

What the bloody heck? I wanted that reward on freedom . Why did it complete on Epic? Progress for journal goals is "Supposed" to count for both clusters. If you kill a dragon on freedom or epic, it counts for both clusters. So what happened?

https://imgur.com/a/BlGHhjZ

Can a bugfix or something please be implemented? And please set that reward on freedom? I worked for that goal and now I am getting screwed on having the reward on a cluster I don't want it for.

Please?

• Like 2

Its because of the recent fix for goals that should already be complete, crossing triggered it to fix

Auto-completion problems like these could easily be prevented by making the reward trigger a pop-up window with drop-down (select cluster of choice) or a no-drop token that exists in both Epic and Freedom inventories until consumed in either cluster.

• Like 1

how come these permanent account level rewards are not active for both game modes? I feel like it should be. please fix.

• Like 1

Yes please, god that would be 10x easier than constantly worry about jumping servers then realising you are screwed on rewards.  I don't even care about the title but forcing players to receive a 2.5% permanent skillgain on a cluster they don't even play on is just... So can I get the option to please choose the reward on freedom where I wanted to get it anyway since apparently I should have gotten it there in the first place? Sorry about the bitterness in my words, but this seems just ridiculous considering the last 3 journal goal stages take a lot of time and investment.

Edited by elentari
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Niki said:

how come these permanent account level rewards are not active for both game modes? I feel like it should be. please fix.

it is only titles and sb are server specific

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

it is only titles and sb are server specific

yeah but he is saying its not working, unless i'm misunderstanding op

The journal goal rewards don't really clarify it tbh. Do I get 2.5% skillgain on just Epic or does it apply to Freedom as well?

14 minutes ago, elentari said:

The journal goal rewards don't really clarify it tbh. Do I get 2.5% skillgain on just Epic or does it apply to Freedom as well?

Titles are only on server completed on.

Sleep bonus is only on server completed on.

Items (glimmer/addy lump, affinity token, master cape) is only on server completed on.

Permanant bonuses such as max sleep bonus, skillgain, affinity/rare windows, max prays per day and +5 power to spells are both servers.

This still doesn't resolve the underlining issue.  Can the devs confirm the 2-5% skillgain bonus is for both clusters? Cause in the journal it says only on "cluster of completion".

The professional title is so so, but I would still prefer to have it on freedom since there is where I wanted all by goals to be completed.