Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Valrei Invasions feedback!

Hi everyone

We've had many waves of Valrei creatures attacking and we've had a few bugs reported from it which is great. We're also keen to get your personal feedback from fighting these mobs, so please share them below! 

All seem ok , agro range on the nogumps was very large I found , poor horse .....

Found a few val items on couple for sacking at alter , is this going to be the norm for them if they stay on freedom servers ?

I noticed some despawning in mid fight is this normal ?

Never noticed my fire protection ring kick in fighting the eles .

Next test should be for area spawning , so there not all clumped up the way they were .

Did not notice if they did any damage to buildings there , did anyone see ?

Was fun ....   ?

14 minutes ago, Damascus said:

All seem ok , agro range on the nogumps was very large I found , poor horse .....

Found a few val items on couple for sacking at alter , is this going to be the norm for them if they stay on freedom servers ? They won't be spawned as normal on freedom servers, this is just testing. But yes, valrei items to sac are normal, they just dont count towards missions

I noticed some despawning in mid fight is this normal ? Eaglespirits spawn multiple copies of themselves to fight, you have to destroy them by hitting them to get back to the main fight

Never noticed my fire protection ring kick in fighting the eles . 

Next test should be for area spawning , so there not all clumped up the way they were .

Did not notice if they did any damage to buildings there , did anyone see ?

Was fun ....   ?

Noticed my gear take a lot of dmg quickly, forgot to check dmg beforehand but checked after our first set on Pristine and after that to the end was +20dmg to pants and chest easily. Not sure if that's intentional. 

By power from lowest:
1) Spawn of Uttacha   - not so big dmg if fight 1x1, I'm pretty sure they easy to kill with the low-end account, especially with they speed, I can remember that they are very easy to be killed with a bow. But most danger beasts vs horses. but if count all uttachas who spread like Hydra, then I'd give them Number 3 here. the whole creature have 1 main body, then 2 medium and then each of medium has 2 small (dmg and health all have the same, so don't believe to size) a better way to kill is to push 1 line. if you will kill 2 medium at one time you will have 4 opponents at the same time which will cause bad time for your horse. Also, when Uttacha casts acid, - possible to go out of range of dmg, anyway at this time creature is invulnerable so better to w8 till it finishes and heals itself. Acid/poisons attack so will make bigger dmg vs leather.
2) Deathcrawler minion - a bit stronger 1x1 then uttacha, only if not count rest 6 spawns of it. but have not too much hp doesn't damage too much horses, so id says that it's the best opponent. to gain seryll / valrei item. I also get twice > potions (leatherworking and ropemaking) Acid  / poisons attack so will make bigger dmg vs leather.

3) Sol Demon - Seems like have more HP then Deathcrawler, almost don't harm horses, make burns attack so guys who using cloth armor need to be care. 

4) Eagle Spirit - This guy was bosses of our program, id says that they most annoying have average dmg, but they very tanky, I never get hit by they wind attacks, but had some cut dmg, so studded and cloth - not better choice here. Also at the moment when eagle has 50% of health he spread on 4 eagles which is illusions, they still make dmg trough.. id' recommend to use the shield and 1h weapon as you need to hit 1-2 times each of 'illusions' to kill them till you don't find the correct one. 
======================
5) Drake spirit - I didn't met them (thank god) here on this test drive :) i can remember they make internal wounds randomly, sometimes 3 times in line... which cause a lot of dmg, and also they very tanky. As i can remember they have price dmg, so leather armor aint good choice. 
6) Son of Nogump - very strong guys, have mauling attacks, and per time to time casts stun that makes a big amount of internal dmg, id recommends to avoid these guys, they also move extremely fast. The wearing plate would be suicide. 

• Like 1

We randomly have them spawn on our Sklotopolis hunting server, they really do make for some great PvE fun.  Really looking forward to their AI changes hitting WU someday.

Shield and med axe tend to work well on those mobs.

• Like 1

I noticed that mind attack from meditation was blocked from noxious fumes when fighting uttachas and then I had the normal CD timer on it. Other then that much fun :)