Sign in to follow this  
Quicktor

Speed Penalty does not apply to Mounts with Bardings on Carts

So, currently horses or hellhorses aren't affected to the speed penalty that a barding brings when they are hitched to a cart / wagon.

Since hellhorse carts with good gear go ~30 km/h they have been used time and time again in pvp, but the last few months it's basically a must have, which kinda sucks in my opinion.

This is a simple suggestion to at least make them being affected by the speed penalty a barding would bring anyway.

• Like 3

I'm sure someone once told me there was a speed penalty so idk if they were wrong or it got removed but its something I'd not mind seeing as it makes sense for it to be that way. 

+1

bump

fix this bug

aint even a suggestion, barded horses by default have drastically penalized speeds when barded and ridden

on a cart they are unhindered

bug

From the PvE perspective, this is a great moment to practice code splitting.

Carry on, then.

• Like 1

So I guess that answers my question here from a few days ago

""Will Strong Body / Carry More help reduce the normal speed penalty of horses wearing barding while pulling a wagon? ""

No, because there is no normal speed penalty of horses wearing barding while pulling a wagon 

(and even if there was, Ostentatio says 'probably no' because any slowdown is due to the barding's inherent penalty and not the barding's actual weight. But he suggests it may need to be tested)

Edited by Brash_Endeavors