Sign in to follow this  
leander

camping gear and other items that would be nice to see in game

ok, so I have a few ideas that I'm going to squeeze into this post mostly portable camping type items but there are a few other ideas too.  I will explain what gave me the idea for portable items, I have attended a few rifts and  slaying events at each one, I created a campsite, I also create them when I'm exploring, I know it may seem silly but I enjoy getting into the spirit of the role-playing aspect of the MMORPG and in my view camping is a part of this. 

Spoiler

Zy3GrBA.png

upiUb1H.png

anyway my list of items I would love to see in the game in no particular order

• A portable spirit house,  as we all know the spirit houses can only be pushed etc. I personally think that all they would have to do is just add the load and secure option to a wooden spirit house. however, if they wanted to get crazy with it I guess they could make it a spirit tent, it would still have to be on the ground to be used. 
  • portable bed/ cot/ sleeping bag,  this one has been suggested once a long time ago with a few good ideas connected with it. there is already a model for the sleeping bag/ bed that the wagoneer uses why couldn't that model be used as a portable bed for players to craft with around 20 skill in cloth tailoring the sleeping bag could be placed on flat ground or inside a tent, or have a cot version that can only fit in the military tent.  it would not replace the tent it would just be a sleep option and would also be nifty to have.   (update) New:  You can now craft bedrolls, similar to the 2019 Christmas Gift version.

Bedroll requires tent owned by player within 2 tiles.

Bedroll can only be slept on by the person who dropped it, also only picked up by the person who dropped it.

A player will get 75% of the normal bed sleep bonus gain for the crafted bedrolls..

The Christmas Gift version allows full sleep bonus and has a unique texture.

Bedrolls (both crafted and festive) take damage on use, decay as usual, are repairable and impable.   Thank you Dev Team

• A portable altar, for priests to be able to sacrifice on the go this could be as simple as the priest blessing a bowl or it could be created with a few materials like a brick and a bowl or plank and bowl, etc. to make the small portable altar.  it would still have to be placed on the ground to use but it would be able to be picked up and carried by the priest it would not replace large alters but it would greatly improve the quality of life for priests. or just make the wooden alter able to be picked up or loaded.
    Spoiler

AcpTazC.png

• A walled pavilion or yurt, I like the military tent, however, if I really wanna wurm "glamp" this item is where its at, haha.  the pavilion would work exactly like the regular and military tent it would just have a larger interior to decorate, the portable bed could also be used in it.
    Spoiler

PCVsKTs.jpg

MXxCtDr.jpg

E5f35QK.jpg

• The ability to set up tents/ allow camping perms on deed, this came about when I got my nifty kingdom tent and wanted to display it on my deed I spoke to a few friends and found out that the only way to set a tent up on deed is to use an unfinished one, I was sorely disappointed, so the idea is to have the option to allow camping on the deed.  this option would be set in the roles for non-villagers and allow pitch tent for villagers, the tents would also be subject to deed decay rules.  I feel that this would make it possible to display those cool kingdom tents or even to have "KOA" type of deeds along the roads. (for anyone who doesn't know a KOA is a type of public camping site we have around where I live in real life.) 
  • A huge keg, imagine something like the wine barrel but like 10 times the size.  It would hold double the liquid volume as the huge tub. could be planted sealed and loaded into a ship Knarr or larger, or a special wagon could hold water or fermenting alcohol.

• Spoiler

7JACy88.jpg

• Keg wagon, this would be the vehicle to transport a huge keg (see image below) I really liked the image I found of this item when I googled barrel wagon.  It that would be filled from a water source with the assistance of a large or small barrel, it would be pulled by one horse/ bison and can only be embarked as commander, sorry no passengers on this one.  it would also follow default game speed rules for large cart. the keg would follow its rules as previously stated.  when opened the inventory would show the barrel and liquid content, the inventory capacity is the huge keg (full), 1large/or 2small barrels(full), and one large chest.
    Spoiler

6H2EQwQ.jpg

yeAWZZ7.jpg

OGPZlvt.jpg

• A large barrel and oil barrel rack, the idea for this item was born from the ridiculous amount of large barrels and oil barrels I have cluttering up my brewery storage area and since we have the nice wine barrel rack and the small barrel rack why not a large barrel rack or shelf or something also it would be handy to be able to seal those large barrels.
  • A crude wooden bench, this idea came about when I was working on a building and was disappointed when the wooden bench was so opulent and good looking I was hoping it would have been just a simple wooden bench like the stone one but it turned out to be so nice looking it really didn't fit the theme of the room I was decorating, and I was forced to use the stone bench.
    Spoiler

mRPKuQc.jpg

SyLmuHw.jpg

VVkOO6a.jpg

those are a few of the ideas I can think of right now if anyone feels I missed something feel free to reply to this post.

Edited by leander
  • Like 7

Worth a like, even just for the decorative roleplay-style setup picture :)

Another unmentioned benefit to such items would be a reduction in 'trash' left behind at such events and in general, for a potentially substantial period of time after temporary events.

• Like 2

that is one of the reasons I like the portability of some of the stuff, the "trash" like the alter and mailboxes would for sure be reduced. and thank you for the role-playing complement as I said I really do enjoy that aspect a bit :)

• A portable spirit house,  as we all know the spirit houses can only be pushed etc. I personally think that all they would have to do is just add the load and secure option to a wooden spirit house. however, if they wanted to get crazy with it I guess they could make it a spirit tent, it would still have to be on the ground to be used.

Could be... courier-casted.. plantable(secure) birdcage... except.. wurm have no pigeons... only hens/pheasants/and eagles.

Since we got the teleportation in the mix.. could easily.. catch and stuff in it.. a goblin... and teleport such with the same 'effort' probably as lore is as wild as wogic gets

*there's no lore about the spirits of mailboxes.. 

I'd personally like to see a darker colored/dyeable?/ birdcage.. goblin inside(?) and... dark or green smoke around the model.. like the effects coming from rift resources.😯

About altars.. just make wooden altars move-able.. protecting them by securing them to the ground(and by default.. securing all existing ones in the world to prevent trolling)... seems like the light-est version of them.. also an easy one to create almost anywhere.... most logical option.. compared to bricks and bowls

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Finnn said:

birdcage... except.. wurm have no pigeons... only hens/pheasants/and eagles.

the messenger chicken XD i love the idea just the mental image of a chicken with a messenger bag

2 hours ago, Finnn said:

About altars.. just make wooden altars move-able.. protecting them by securing them to the ground(and by default.. securing all existing ones in the world to prevent trolling)... seems like the light-est version of them.. also an easy one to create almost anywhere.... most logical option.. compared to bricks and bowls

the wooden alter would be the best candidate for portable one agreed, just make it so it can be picked up, planted, loaded or fit into a large chest, or alternatively if a golden or silver bowl could be blessed and said blessed bowl could be used as a portable alter, however could only be used to sac stuff by placing it on the ground or table, stool, etc. 

5 hours ago, leander said:

the messenger chicken XD i love the idea just the mental image of a chicken with a messenger bag

I... guess... but only if.... the message is bad.. you get to.... dinner with chicken...😬

That mental image you mention.. wont be the craziest thing in wurm.. every game have it's own crazy idea/or few... we just need a few devs to get really drunk one night and commit to adopt the idea... who's up to gather, get drunk and slip the idea?🤫

• Like 1

On 1/19/2020 at 4:49 AM, Finnn said:

we just need a few devs to get really drunk one night and commit to adopt the idea... who's up to gather, get drunk and slip the idea?🤫

im down for a dev powwow sounds like it would be good times the may need it after this next update...:)  

What about a crude altar and mailbox instead of portable. That would eliminate the balance issues of having a portable item which would be maxed out and replace the need for regular stuff.

Build out of simple materials, stuff you can easily gather (woodscraps/branches, but no nails so you dont need forge, consider priests - Fo can’t do planks/logs solo, but can do branches)

Allow people to receive mail if unenchanted, and send mail if it gets casted on.

Make them decay in 2-7 days or make them bashable in 2-3 maul hits. 

Also maybe a fence type that decays quickly. Those wooden fences stick around for a while and don’t look to great. 

Edited by LionIX
  • Like 1

On 1/28/2020 at 12:47 PM, LionIX said:

What about a crude altar and mailbox instead of portable.

i have been thinking about this and the simple answer would be to make the wooden alter and the wooden spirit cottage able to be taken, or loaded.  this eliminates the need to "make a new model" and may be the easiest to accomplish with a change in item status or however its done, i am not a programmer at all.  but that way its probably just changing a few lines of code.  i do agree about the fences u mentioned but i think the hitching post takes care of that.  but if u need the fence for the "safty box" at fights then change the crude fence to decay 60% faster when not on a deed  

i have updated the post to reflect the new ideas of being able to load or take the wooden spirit house, and wooden alter. :)