Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Valrei Invasions

thats fighting skill, fighting skills would refer to everything else included with fighting, for example "At 20 faith and 20 favor, receives a 25% skillgain bonus to combat skills." for magranon's follower passive. it only gives an effect every 10 points in pve so you can carelessly die as much as you want as long as you don't go under each 10 interval. if you're under 70 it takes like 2 trolls/hellhounds to get back

bit harsh to call other people dum-dum when you die in pve so much that you log out at the sight of combat though lmao 

Edited by Oblivionnreaver

7 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

bit harsh to call other people dum-dum when you die in pve so much that you log out at the sight of combat though lmao

Pretty dum-dum to tell me that PoK protects Fighting skills loss too and label it as "wacky antics". Then when I correct your mistake with facts you don't admit you were wrong and go off on this silly imagined tangent. Better to just zip it up while you are only this far into the pit.

=Ayes=

• Like 2

I have POK. You loose FS when you die. Nothing else but pride.

Edited by armyskin
  • Like 1

I  can see you ticking off some new players if you do this at starter towns .

Haven mainly , since they have houses and animals penned there that can or may get killed .

Mobs just going to spawn ? or invade from a distance ?

All mobs are spawned by GMs and will be spawned so nothing around the starter deed gets killed by them. We will watch out. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Capi said:

All mobs are spawned by GMs and will be spawned so nothing around the starter deed gets killed by them. We will watch out. 

Oh good.  Being next to The Howl, was worried.

The next Valrei Invasion will take place on Deliverance on the starter deed Green Dog!

timer_1559399428.svg

• Like 1

The next Valrei Invasion will take place on Pristine at the starter deed Blossom!

timer_E1559415661.svg

Note: There will be wild horses and one-way teleports to the starter deed available.

The next Valrei Invasion will take place on Independence at the starter deed Haven's Landing!

timer_E1559426429.svg

Note: There will be wild horses and one-way teleports to the starter deed available.

Just attended at Blossom, was a great event - thanks for the fun!

I've never fought these mobs in game before outside of an impalong so hard for me to compare to previous experience but I feel like it was good! Difficulty seemed to be noticeably harder with each mob but not impossible. I actually thought they were going to take a lot longer to kill. Other than the fps lag caused when the sol demons set fire to EVERYTHING, was an enjoyable experience. The only down side I'd have to say was the Eaglespirits were a little difficult to target, and find which one I was killing.

Edit: here's the screenshot I got, of some eagle mess5103e3d7db4b64cb533318d1ce1a2983.png

Edited by Ehizellbob

Cause sending OP creatures at Starter Deeds has always sounded like a good idea. I'll be watching death tabs tonight.
Sounds like a waste of GM time to go through the effort of watching people die.
Why not just code something like this in and make it hit random deeds every couple weeks like Rifts?

Edited by Kswords

8 minutes ago, Kswords said:

Cause sending OP creatures at Starter Deeds has always sounded like a good idea. I'll be watching death tabs tonight.
Why not just code something like this in and make it hit random deeds every couple weeks like Rifts?

Because it's fun for us too. 

• Like 3

Fun stream, ty :)

3aSr0hu.jpg
>edit

44 minutes ago, Kswords said:

Actually a genuine 1st hour newbie was present when this started, they were perfectly safe, it was an education and probably fascinated them. (see spoiler text)
which is going to be good for the game. The death tab was funny tho, none of us were sure why shrimpiie kept dying but it was novel to watch.
Rifts don't hit random deeds.

Spoiler

new player joins..
<Oliboo> What the hell is going on
<Shrimpiie> everything
<random madness and blood>
<Oliboo> What in the world is happening?
<Daciana> Leeerrrrooooyyy Shrimpkins!
<Oliboo> Please, I am new to the game
 <Stevelee> you'll remember this then.
<Shrimpiie> its an event put on by wurm staff
<Oliboo> Does this happen often?
<Damascussteel> its a test
<Damascussteel> for upcomming Frontier i think
<Stevelee> recent incentive, might develop into an unfolding lore initiative
<Oliboo> Is it any way to get a better field of view though? 
he wanted to see more of it and was perfectly safe.

Edited by Steveleeb

Hope to make it to one of these shindigs soon. And as always with public events, pants are optional.

• Like 2

i jumped in my boat and rowed as fast as i could. these val creatures were really fun to battle. the stream was amazing, i made a account just to like and follow, since im not a fan of the website. would love to see more events like this, so much fun. shrimpii needs some more armor apparently. really cant wait for the next one

• Like 1

Was fun little test , and new players seemed to like it since they stayed .

Shriimpie was Enki punching bag today ..

This event stuff is great and I the staff are great for doing it

wurm-20190602-0101.jpg

It was fun watching.

Unfortunately, I have almost no skills on freedom and only newbie gear, so I could not participate .

At some point I was attacked by a couple of those white birdies,  but Enki followed me around to make sure I didn't get killed.

Unless he wanted to make sure I did, but I guess we will never know.

Fact is I didn't die in the end ?

Damn no love on Xan?  Was waiting all day.

Nevermind.  Just re-read you said Xan might not get them.

Edited by nicedreams

1 hour ago, nicedreams said:

Damn no love on Xan?  Was waiting all day.

Nevermind.  Just re-read you said Xan might not get them.

retro was teleporting people there (by request) before the event and there are wild horses provided.
also the starter deeds i think has portals that go to all servers.

Edited by Steveleeb

1 minute ago, Steveleeb said:

retro was teleporting people there (by request) before the event and there are wild horses provided.
also the starter deeds i think has portals that go to all servers.

I went to Linton and there is a portal to Vrock that has description for the Maze the brothers did few months ago.  Took portal and ported me to Vrock and back to Linton.

Will this perhaps evolveinto something... yearly atleast perhaps? Missed this event due to that unslayable beast irl but love any opportunity to see the community together regardless of rewards (half the fun of rifts).