Sign in to follow this  
kekstier

Building taking unexpected damage

Hello,
I currently have a problem with some walls of my house, which have taken damage for no apparent reason. One wall has completely disappeared, the other one has taken more than 70 damage.
The house(called "The Haus") is on a deed(Riviera Refuge, Release) with plenty of upkeep and it's the property of an active premium char(Kekstier). Only two walls have taken damage, the others are still where they were before I last logged in, damagewise.
All walls were fine the last time I logged in, which was about two or three weeks ago. The only two chars with build permissions are under my control.

Spoiler

AGNrOHw.png

Looks like a catapult hit it, but I don;t think that is possible on Release or other PVE servers.. That's a bridge on the other side of the wall? If it were me, i would file a /support ticket ingame so a GM can examine. 

I assume "plenty of upkeep" means well over 30 days? There is building decay if upkeep falls below 30 days, and very fast decay the last 7 days. Sometimes it will skip some decay intervals and then suddenly "catch up" all at once.

"" the others are still where they were before I last logged in, damagewise.""

So other walls DO have some damage, just damage you had already seen before.

Which means the deed actually had fallen below "plenty of upkeep" (ie below 30 days) in the past as well?

What is the quality of the wall with the 70% damage, and the quality of the walls that don;t seem to have recently gotten any worse? 

The 70 dmg could go out very sudden if it was a low quality wall (which sometimes walls ondeed are, if the owner is not expecting decay).

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Trolls can bash down walls on deed if they feel they are "trapped" under certain circumstances. As they "bump" into other walls they will damage them too. So if Trolls can enter your deed I would put the blame on them for this and try to find a way to keep them out. Sometimes if a steep hillside ledge is on your perimeter with an on-deed wall against it they can "fall" over this onto your deed and bash other walls (house walls too) in a blundering attempt to escape from it.

Once on Independence I had an open deed with Trolls in the area and they entered an arched passageway, bashed one wall down, damaged a few more on their way just passing through it. Another time a Troll spawned in my mine, exited through the entrance that had no door and bashed some fencing down to "escape" from the deed. This was some years ago after the Devs gave them the ability to bash walls on deed to prevent players from just fencing them in there for fun or whatever purposes.

=Ayes=

The bridge behind the destroyed wall may have "let in" some mob, maybe?

I am pretty sure I heard there was some glitch where mobs were able to enter a locked building via a bridge (ramp)  that was connected to the house.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Yes, there's a bridge just next to the wall that was destroyed. Plenty of upkeep means more than 30 days, yes(80-ish, as of right now. Has been above 30 days for ages now).
Quality of all walls is around 63, though most of the walls have around 0,5dmg because I've been lazy with paying upkeep in the past. The weird thing is, if a troll got trapped in my house, it wouldn't have been able to leave through the destroyed wall, as there's the bridge right next to it. Also, the destroyed wall shouldn't be within reach for anyone from the outside. Will file a ticket now.

Are there any unique monsters near by? They can tear down walls and fences really quickly. They tend to do this if they feel trapped or if they're trying to fight someone. (you!?) 

I had the same problem a few days ago. My tile roof of my two floor house had uneven damage to it, as did some of the walls. I have over 100 days on upkeep and it hard to think a troll could have reached this part of the roof.

The floor and walls below were fine as were the outside walls. All quite random really.

The walls are Timber framed by the way just in case anyone asks.