Sign in to follow this  
Seraph

Do you have +75 WS?

Weapon Smithing Level Poll  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have +75 Weapon Smithing?

• Yes
    • No

I'm grinding Weapon Smithing so I have alot of time on my hands to consider aspects of it. The #1 being will I stop once I can make 80ql weapons

Good luck - and yes that is a milestone where I took a break form the WS grind myself... then you'll want 90ql soon :P

• Like 1

@Jazcouldn't have said it better. 

I figured I was going to stop at 80WS, but the urge to have 90QL out weighs my sanity's desperate pleas for a break from it all. As Wurm tends to do, we have no need for sanity here... That is weakness! 

Good luck with the grind though!

6 hours ago, Damascus said:

Made it to 46.4 , only taken me 7 years  ?

But your weps made of Damascus steel at least eh?

wow 40 players have voted & it is 50-50. i wasn't expecting that ?

Half of us wasted our time grinding it, the other half had the right idea.  

• Like 1

I just let others grind it and then I just borrow their toons and imp my stuff.

Or I grind my wallet skill. That usually solves it!

I grinded to about 50ish and stopped.
Will probably get back to it after I find some time again.

I ground it to 90 when Pristine and Release were cordoned off...second 90 skill I got, I think.

Those were the days. 70ql weapons went for 1s and 90ql 3s.

At this point with prices being so low it isnt worth the time investment to sell stuff. But if you're grinding to help your friends and for the sense of accomplishment then go for it!

[18:56:56] <Seraphrattle> [18:56:00] You have just received the title 'Weaponsmith'! .. what do you hope to achieve with the Weaponsmith title? World Peace

I am closing in on 80 and planned to stop but well maybe.

Who am I kidding it is going to 90

Edited by rapidron
changed mind

im 72 ws aiming for 90 dont know if ill get there lol

I think it's time for a slight boost to this skill, it's slow pace is outdated now especially with account sales. What does the staff think? 

1 hour ago, Niki said:

I think it's time for a slight boost to this skill, it's slow pace is outdated now especially with account sales. What does the staff think? 

I think if there was any kind of influx of demand for weapon imps, this might be warranted.... but there isn't.  I also don't believe such things should be tweaked for such a silly reason.  You could make the same argument for channeling, natural substances/alchemy or any other skill that actually requires effort to master.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Niki said:

Everybody else has grinded this the hard way, and so can you.

• Like 8

76 WS. 1 supreme and 2 rare spears along the way, and even an affinity. Can't see the forest for spears anymore and put it down for a while, but I might crack the 80 mark eventually.

7 hours ago, Delacroix said:

Everybody else has grinded this the hard way, and so can you.

Someone call up hell and ask just how cold it is down there 'cause I'm agreeing with Wargasm and Jake.

Though I found NS way easier than WS or channelling. The only drag on that is collecting enough animal parts (and sufficiently BotD/CoC'ing them as a bonus) and doing it on SB only, otherwise you pretty much make zero progress.

between pok, affinities, food affinities, 90+ coc being cheap, sleep bonus being easy to get and sweet spot skilling it's insanely easy to skill compared to what it was in the past, i did 1-90 WS in about 3 weeks for fun, and 90-95 took about another 2 weeks on top of that. i could have grinded another imping skill to about 99.5 or 5 imping skills to 95 instead but ah well its not like i actually imp anything nowadays.

95 channeling now that's a fun one

11 hours ago, Wargasm said:

You could make the same argument for channeling, natural substances/alchemy or any other skill that actually requires effort to master.

Fully agree. I have bit over 52 WS now and want to skill it up in an honest fashion. I shall certainly not be able to do than in weeks like OR, but I intend to stay ingame longer than weeks, and love the steady progress.

Btw., shield bashing for example is ways harder to grind given the low number of opportunities if you are not so much in fighting, and I love my success there (over 19 now) even more, same with lock picking, catas and the like. Some slow skills are a must.

21 hours ago, Flubb said:

Someone call up hell and ask just how cold it is down there 'cause I'm agreeing with Wargasm and Jake.

Though I found NS way easier than WS or channelling. The only drag on that is collecting enough animal parts (and sufficiently BotD/CoC'ing them as a bonus) and doing it on SB only, otherwise you pretty much make zero progress.

I'm not sure why you quoted me and mentioned Jake, when he's nowhere to be found in this thread (that I see, anyway).

Edited by Delacroix
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Delacroix said:

I'm not sure why you quoted me and mentioned Jake, when he's nowhere to be found in this thread (that I see, anyway).

He's a sneaky one, hiding between the likes of your post. :P