Sign in to follow this  
Autumnoc

Mule with Travois

8FDxxqg.jpg

This idea is born on the idea of the nomadic lifestyle that can be started as a new character.  Introducing a new animal sturdy of foot, not prone to disease, very strong, built for endurance and work...the mule.  

Mule:

comes with a travois and massive side packs instead of saddle. 

You can ride this animal with 20.05 BC yet cannot while riding, lead another mule.

The travois and packs can carry as much as two large carts and can be runed to load a forge, loom, and smelter. 

The mule is slow but strong yet max speed is 12kms and has two feature bonuses. 

1.  It can climb twice slope of a normal horse

2.   cross twice the depth of slope under water/in water. 

Only One mule can be lead by a person at a time and mules cannot be linked together to form a train of mules such as one could see during gold rush/mining camp/mountaineering days.

mule cannot be lead while on another mount at same time or on a cart, wagon, ship transporter, or animal transporter.

This feature would be helpful to those starting out as well as those interested in a nomadic lifestyle on foot where one could hold a bedding feature and a forge to unload along the journey. 

A new style tent is created that comes with a roll out hay bedding and burlap covering to allow for sb accumulation at .5 the rate of normal bed. 

This tent will allow you to attach a mule, a horse, and either a sheep or cow when planted.

Edited by Autumnoc

This could be very useful for some new roll out of frontier style play or hint of things to come on dev stream.

Edited by Autumnoc

I really hope devs take a closer look at this option as a way to widen the game appeal after a player just begins,  to then play with some additional purpose and a selection of some modest goals as well unique to the travois experience. 

Maybe they need to explore certain regions or get check point tokens for passing through the starter towns and be able to redeem them for novelty things or new item in the game via the traders at starter towns

Edited by Autumnoc

Are you asking for a nerf to horses or simply misunderstand that they have no slope or depth restrictions on leading?

the latter, it was an oversight because often when leading a horse one is on a mount of some sort and face one or both of those restrictions.   Thanks for pointing out an obvious that i didn't think through.

• Like 1

on more thought , I likely envisioned being able to ride it up a steep slope or cross a deeper stream. so maybe i'll instead ammend my suggestion.  Thank you SmeJack.

Edited by Autumnoc

Not a bad suggestion but it would involve adding another riding animal to the game which I wonder if the Devs would want to do. Also this "Travois" should be another separate created object with say a under 20 carpentry skill requirement.

19 hours ago, Autumnoc said:

The travois and packs can carry as much as two large carts and can be runed to load a forge, loom, and smelter

Way too much capacity for this item too due to its realistic size capacity. Just make it equal capacity to a large cart and can't be "runed" up. Sort of a poor newbie immigrant's rideable large cart substitute. Lower the "loading" requirement on it to 20.05 Body Strength as well for newbie benefit.

=Ayes=