Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 30/MAY/19

PatchNotes.png

• Change: Changes to phantasms spell. (See Notes)
    • You can no longer cast phantasms on spirit guards on all servers
    • Phantasms will no longer target bred, cared for or branded animals on pve servers.
  • Change: Most spells including heals and buffs will no longer work on uniques, weakness and smite will still work as before
  • Change: Old type HoTAs will disabled a short timeframe after the update.
  • Change: Some Journal issues addressed. (see notes)
    • Added % value to skill points needed.
    • Made adjustments so some past legendary kills are credited.
    • Previously built colossi should now count.
    • Previously built guard towers should now count.
  • Change: Fishing and Fishing items changes.
    • All parts should take less damage overall.
    • Rod will take even less damage.
    • Reel damage modifier tweaked slightly up to be closer to new rod modifiers, but should still take less overall.
    • Fights with fish shouldn’t last 15+ minutes of back and forth pulling when low on strength compared to the fish you’re catching. Weighted them slightly so the fish pull away at 75% of what the player pulls in, so should be weighted towards being caught more than a flat 50/50 battle for eternity.
    • Net fishing gets an extra skill tick on catching to bring the gain back in line with old fishing (slightly), and gives use to CoC on a net.
  • Change: Combat AI Improvements for Deathcrawler, Eagle Spirit & Sol Demon.
    • Deathcrawler, Sol Demon and Eagle Spirit have some new moves that they will do in combat.
    • Slightly tweaked their butcherable table to make a bit more sense.
    • Previous Uttacha changes will now work on all servers, along with these changes.
    • Freedom servers still won’t have these creatures spawning naturally, however there will be some GM run events in the near future for people to try the changes out.
    • Feedback on the style of combat these changes entail is appreciated.
  • PVP Change: Show battle camp hota camps in village info.
  • Bugfix: 20+ fighting  skill is no longer required to repair guard towers on PvE servers.
  • Bugfix: Fixed a bug which caused siege machines to play animation even if the firing was unsuccessful.
  • Bugfix: Fixed a placing issue for one-per-tile items when being placed on same tile.
  • Bugfix: Fixed possible cases of wrong material for metallic fragments from caches.
  • Bugfix: You can no longer drag items other than amphorae into an amphora rack.
  • Bugfix: You can no longer drag paper from bulk containers into an archaeology journal.
  • Bugfix: A hot, unfuelled bee smoker will no longer say (smoking).
  • Bugfix: Adjusted threshold for actions while moving preventing spell casting while in motion in addition to other actions.
  • Bugfix: Fixed an issue which prevented you from drinking from a well if it had an item placed upon it.
    • Please note that the well will not fill to max capacity as the volume of the item placed on it’s surface will displace some of the liquid.
  • Bugfix: Only one lurker spell can be cast on a pendulum. See Notes.
    • Existing pendulums with multiple enchants will keep their enchantments, but only the top lurker cast in the examine message will work.

Client Changes:

• Modern renderer: Distant tree rendering has been greatly improved
  • Modern renderer: Rarity and detail normal maps have been added for player textures
  • Modern renderer: Added a transition effect when changing from distant to close trees
  • Modern renderer: Upgraded the FXAA anti-aliasing available in the Post-Process settings, to increase quality and reduce blurriness
  • New: Added sound cues to fishing
  • New: Added an option in settings under the game tab to Swap Mouse Buttons for left and right click options.
  • Bugfix: Optimized light rendering on modern renderer
  • Bugfix: Optimized memory usage taken by loaded in players
  • Bugfix: Fixed an issue which caused planted buoys in deep water to be invisible if you enabled contribution culling in adv. graphics.
  • Bugfix: Fixed certain particle effects showing at an incorrect angle
  • Bugfix: Fixed the Valrei fight replays crashing the game
  • Bugfix: Possibly fixed the flickering objects/structures issue
  • Bugfix: Fixed invisible whitelight and blacklight beams

The post Patch Notes 30/MAY/19 appeared first on Wurm Online.

• Like 6

Thank you for the fishing changes! ??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DevBlog said:
  • Modern renderer: Added a transition effect when changing from distant to close trees

Is this working? The trees still pop like they did before the patch.

Also, wasn't extra far tree distance supposed to come too?

11 minutes ago, Mupp said:

Is this working? The trees still pop like they did before the patch.

Also, wasn't extra far tree distance supposed to come too?

They are in - make sure you're on the modern renderer and have the tree render distance set to far or extreme. Modern renderer only works with everything in the compatibility tab set on Core, too.

7 minutes ago, Samool said:

They are in - make sure you're on the modern renderer and have the tree render distance set to far or extreme. Modern renderer only works with everything in the compatibility tab set on Core, too.

Ah, now it works, some settings in the comp. tab where not set to core for some reason. Thanks.

• Like 1

This wasn't a bug, stop labeling things as bugs willy nilly. Another fountain container change since it's been a thing since inception. Revert it..

Bugfix: Only one lurker spell can be cast on a pendulum. See Notes.

• Existing pendulums with multiple enchants will keep their enchantments, but only the top lurker cast in the examine message will work.

Thanks for the fishing changes. They seem to be working really well.

I used to be able to right click a water container and drink.  Now I have to open it and right click the water directly.  I did also just switch to modern from classic, so not sure if that is part of it?

7 minutes ago, Wurmhole said:

I used to be able to right click a water container and drink.  Now I have to open it and right click the water directly.  I did also just switch to modern from classic, so not sure if that is part of it?

No, that's not related to graphics settings. Please file a bug report so someone can follow it up.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Modern renderer: Rarity and detail normal maps have been added for player textures

Does this give us the shiny armor on player models? Its not showing for me. The armor is much more beautiful for sure, but no shiney.

Using modern renderer, most settings on high or higher, all compatibility on core. Weapons, shields and helms are still shiney tho. :) 

Edit: Armor is looking great when right next to the other person. If im on the tile next to the other person the armor looks like crap.. Wasnt like this before. ? 

Edited by Nordlys

1 minute ago, Nordlys said:

Does this give us the shiny armor on player models? Its not showing for me. The armor is much more beautiful for sure, but no shiney.

Using modern renderer, most settings on high or higher, all compatibility on core. Weapons, shields and helms are still shiney tho. :) 

Normal map adds more depth/3-d type look. Specular map would make it shiny. 

5 minutes ago, LionIX said:

Normal map adds more depth/3-d type look. Specular map would make it shiny. 

Thanks. :)

So here is the difference in player armor now. This is a really short distance for the armor to become ugly..

Looking good!

nlf9E9y.jpg

Looking not very impressive

TO3UZDm.jpg

Edited by Nordlys

This picture is not long ago, and the same toon is hiding in the background with the same armor-ish. Except, it doesnt look like.. a potato sack.

kNpBQj4.jpg

[03:05:51] The pendulum is already enchanted with something that would negate the effect.

hey cool all those batteries i premmed to grind channeling are ###### useless because i can't cast the one good spell for grinding 90+ fo has xd

cant wait for the fix to be released after they run out of prem and my money wasted

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nordlys said:

This picture is not long ago, and the same toon is hiding in the background with the same armor-ish. Except, it doesnt look like.. a potato sack.

Reveal hidden contents

kNpBQj4.jpg

I wonder if this is part of it?

Bugfix: Optimized memory usage taken by loaded in players

Probably not, but I can imagine the degraded image is less memory intensive

As it is now, every toon you see will look bad, unless youre hugging them. Even on the same tile, its looking aweful. This isnt ok at all if you ask me.

It's level of detail for loaded in characters. Texture Quality in settings controls that - if you set it on max, it should not be visible at all.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Samool said:

That's it, it's level of detail for loaded in characters. Texture Quality in settings controls that - if you set it on max, it should not be visible at all.

Thanks. It got better, for sure. I had it on high, and now on very high. Now i can be 3,5 tiles away before it gets ugly.

Also, here is the difference between medium distance trees on modern and legacy renderer. I like the legacy renderer best for this, but then i cannot have the far away trees.

I just have to point out that i think youre all doing an awesome job, and i love the updates. I just want to give some feedback. :) 

Modern:

sgxm3SW.jpg

Legacy:

njvThEO.jpg

Edited by Nordlys

Not sure what in that screenshot is wrong, modern looks good and legacy bad, as it should be :P

Legacy I take it is meant for people who otherwise could not play at all, due to older hardware etc...?

Just now, Brash_Endeavors said:

Legacy I take it is meant for people who otherwise could not play at all, due to older hardware etc...?

Yes, legacy renderer is unlikely to get any graphics or performance improvements and might eventually be phased out (not any soon though)

4 minutes ago, Samool said:

Yes, legacy renderer is unlikely to get any graphics or performance improvements and might eventually be phased out (not any soon though)

You should atleast make the modern renderer look better on all aspects then.. :D

And i think that the highest setting should give better quality than just for 3,5 tiles away.. This doesnt seem very high at all.

7 minutes ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

Yea, but on medium distance trees the legacy looks better. Which i find strange.

Sign in to follow this