Sign in to follow this  
christopher

members

be nice to get a wurm badge and a sticker in the mail for being a member .now no one else has done that one, oh the expense

4 hours ago, Xanto said:

We already get yellow potions

Don't see what's so wrong with the proposal, and what yellow potions have so much to do with. As far as it deals with ingame rewards for prem, ok, but I understood that as a proposal for RL merchandise and PR. And so far it might be an appropriate idea to make Wurmians visible e.g. in LAN parties or other gaming events.

You mean store and process players RL addresses? This data being available to unpaid volunteer devs? What could go wrong there?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Locath said:

You mean store and process players RL addresses? This data being available to unpaid volunteer devs? What could go wrong there?

There are a lot of people paying by credit card, meaning that their data are known to CCAB (where I have less troubles with) and prolly Paypal, and of course credit card companies etc. (which worries me more when it comes to privacy). There have been Wurm merchandise and ad materials in the past already. They would not be sent in an unsolicited way but only to those who wish.

Payments are through third parties, we obtain no RL information beyond IP address to login and email address to register and tie to account. 

As for wurm merchandise that's been discussed, watch this space.. 

• Like 2

I smell a marketing opportunity!

(apologies for mediocre image editing skills)

red-bull-yellow-potion.jpg

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Ostentatio said:

I smell

A round flask containing a yellow fluid smelling strongly of alcohol and urine.

• Like 1