Sign in to follow this  
Flubb

Global cast waiting list for Benediction

I know. What a source of drama this will be. But if bad actors keep messing this up, we have more of a foot to stand on complaining to the devs to make the change this system obviously needs since there was an effort in good faith (pun intended) for the cooperation they appearantly want to see so badly. Without even an attempt to organize anything publicly, we have but ourselves to blame that global casts will only be done by shadowy groups who ask noone on the outside to come join. So even at the risk of being the laughing stock for even trying this, I'll propose a collective waiting list for Global casts. And maybe I'm just too cynical and pessimistic and this works out surprsingly well. Time will tell.

In order to keep this fair and transparent (at least internally, no accounting for said snipers.), I suggest prioritizing people by their progress through their Benediction journal. Further information that should be provided is the deity / ritual to participate in (obviously) and the channelling skill (to maximize links.)

So each entry would be

• screenshot of the journal
  • channeling skill
  • Deity / Ritual to participate in
  • Timezone would also help, though precise times will have to be organized towards the respective ritual being fully charged. Worst case scenario someone with less progress may get the link because everyone else is online at unreasonable times, though this may be prevented if all casts can be scheduled for weekends

The journal progress is only a tiebreaker for cornercases - it might be that you can't be arsed to do any of it without the cast. That's understandable. If you can reason that the rest can be done within a month, I don't think it's grounds for not giving a link now because someone happened to find a champion before you or something. It's just something I'd consider to respect the hustle for those who do want to do the work up front. At large, I'll try to keep this in a FIFO order.

I myself have a Fo and Vynora template priest each, so I'll keep track of those. If someone wants to track the other rituals, feel free to shoot me PMs about it.

Ritual of the Sun participants:

Spoiler

Cherryontop

Sizar

Rorymercury (Payu)

Joymaker

Holy Crop participants:

Spoiler

Silvertail

Tollghloine

Niki

Smejack

Sathera

Bhuta

Forestmonk

Queens

Navaro

Rolando

Limbeck

glamour

Faiwyn

Xaviska (Subie)

Wyczesanymieczyslaw

mists

Rite of Spring participants:

Spoiler

Persong

Sundance

Niryel (Ragnarok)

gerpriest

dragonshearts

Helorn

Rite of Death participants:

Spoiler

Emmaline

Xsuccubusx

Mondain

Glasse

Wiolo

Time and place can be organized between the participants, this thread is mainly to provide a platform to facilitate the organization. I can summon to my cathedral/workshop though which has veggies and altars at request, and will provide food and beds for whoever wants to stay longer.

Update:

On 8/17/2019 at 11:31 PM, Flubb said:

Well no point sitting on the fence about it.  It genuinely won't work. The least that should be done is trying to maximize the links when it's up and do it ASAP.

I still see possible conflict when two groups form and either one cannot fully be incorporated into the other, but we can just hope this won't happen (often).

It's actually rather difficult to get 10 priests on the spot, as I said myself, and as critics have rightfully said implying that the groups last time could have "worked together" (by ditching the whole concept and treading over the people here)

Therefore, I call it quits. Can't bring myself to gouge the virtue out of this another time because it'll just end in more snipes, more frustration, and more time wasted for the people on the roster. I'll keep any eye on the rituals, some toons tied to altars to do at least some charging here and there, and notify people of when it's going on via forum so that they may have a chance of catching it or giving feedback when they are online, but not ingame. Going beyond that just excacerbates the conflict potential that the system already provides. Thanks for sticking around. You can still put yourself in the list for transparencies sake - so that even when I'm off and a ritual is up, people may contact the roster to get the maximum number of priests online, but the lists will henceforth fulfill no other function than that.

Edited by Flubb
why do I keep updating this
  • Like 5

Add Gandalfthegreat for RoS

100 faith & 98.9 channeling

Spoiler

Jqv4M8m.jpg

Edited by KillerSpike

My own entries:

Radrohn - Nahjo priest (Fo) - Holy Crop

76 Channelling

Journal:

Spoiler

2kcO6Oz.jpg

Tulon - Paaaweelr priest (Vynora) - Rite of Spring

Channelling 81,05

Journal:

Spoiler

U6Bv5dt.jpg

Timezone:

central european time / UTC+1

Kain - Vynora Priest - Rite of Spring

Channeling 95.97 
Journal:

Spoiler

y8xOPJZ.png

Timezone: UTC -8 (West Coast NA)

Edited by Jotz

Just now, KillerSpike said:

Add Gandalfthegreat for RoS

100 faith & 98.9 channeling

Added, with that channelling I reckon you'll be far in the journal too, but please add a screenshot just for transparencies sake nonetheless.

Please add Tamina to
Rite of Spring
Faith 100
Channeling 82.56
Time zone EU CEST

Spoiler

eGveCsm.jpg

Edited by Annyil

Silvertail

Nahjo /holy crop

Faith 100

Channeling 91,75

https://i.imgur.com/F0Wo0Rw.png?3

Feinmharu to Rite of Spring

Tollghloine to Holy Crop

Oisin to Ritual of the Sun

Deets to follow

Please add Orran for Rite of Spring.

100 Faith, 96 channeling

US EST time zone

Edit: Thanks very much for organizing this thread.  Orran was able to join an ROS cast, so please remove him from this list.

Edited by Thalorane
ROS cast achieved

8 hours ago, Flubb said:

The wiki also suggest that rituals are charged by followers who "pray as though as they still gain faith". So I'm gonna go on a limp and say participants should try to do their 5 prayers per day, even if only for their own interest.

each global is 100k prayers so might need a bit more than 5 a day ?

Is this for xanadu only or all servers?  I don't read freedom sections, so I wouldn't be able to keep much track of this and I also am on inde and hardly playing so not much of a contributor either but would like to complete at least this part of the journal if possible, but being that my priest is bl template I doubt there even will be a rite of death any time soon.

Mrgary though, 86 or something channeling

3 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

each global is 100k prayers so might need a bit more than 5 a day ?

I was just basing this off this passage in the wiki that is on each Rite's page:

Spoiler

The spell usually reappears a month to two months after it is cast. Hints from the developers indicate that rituals are recharged by worshippers' prayers, and that even followers at 30 faith should still pray every day as though they were still gaining faith in order to recharge the ritual.

Do these prayers not count any extra? Even so, 5 times a day keeps it manageable imho, can't expect us to just be tethered to the altars forever. Still feel like these 5 prayers could just add extra charge so that priests and followers at their max faith still have an incentive to pray, but I don't know enough about the mechanics to make a suggestion in this regard...

Do you happen to know about free alts? I have a Nahjo and Vyn follower who I dedicate to praying as long as I'm playing, they aren't at 30 faith yet, though.

1 hour ago, MrGARY said:

Is this for xanadu only or all servers?

I may have a lot to learn about the mechanics but I'm pretty sure the favor pool is per server, so this is mainly for Xanadu. And I'd personally prefer to give links to Xanadians since we're charging the Rites here, but if links would be wasted otherwise, people can ship over of course.

wiki is super outdated and based on how non-vynora rites worked (as vyn got changed to a scaling amount based on active followers some years ago), it's a flat 1 per prayer no matter what, and sermons are listeners + rarity of altar and 100k is needed in total. only reason there's actually globals going on is because people are doing 70 prayer goal lol

free alts work too, we charged cele from halfway to full in about 1 3/4 days with 15-30 accounts nonstop praying at random parts of the day, a decent amount of them being free accounts.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Flubb said:

I may have a lot to learn about the mechanics but I'm pretty sure the favor pool is per server, so this is mainly for Xanadu. And I'd personally prefer to give links to Xanadians since we're charging the Rites here, but if links would be wasted otherwise, people can ship over of course.

Yeah it is, I meant the thread/organizing stuff.  I don't think there's a max limit to links(?) so if there isn't then everyone should be able to link the only downside is making the spell harder to cast

That's very helpful, thanks! One minute thing about free alts again...

4 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

and sermons are listeners

Again, do they (the free alts) count here? As long as they gained alignment (which is on a 30min CD iirc), presumably, it should be fine?

Anyway, looks like I'm going to create lots of alts and start up my old computer for extra praycessing power... @_@

2 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

I meant the thread/organizing stuff. 

It'd be a bit more overhead but people can PM me about the status of Rites on all servers for all I care and when the time comes, we move all the casters to that server? Not sure if other servers' populations would be cool with that though, someone who had no part in charging their rite walzing in and taking it. And with its population Xanadu seems to have the best shot at charging the Rites anyway, so out of respect for server boundaries and keeping the organizing overhead to a minimum I'd keep this thread to Xanadian rites, unless there's a general consesus that this cabal casting wherever they can at the moment is acceptable to the community. Just deciding this on my own feels like overreaching, I ultimately have no authority over this even on Xanadu, but being involved in charging the Rites here (partly) I feel at least a bit entitled to have a small say in it.

6 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

I don't think there's a max limit to links(?)

The wiki might also be outdated here but as of now it says:

Spoiler

The maximum number of links you can have is [(channeling skill / 10) +1}] Example - 5 channeling = 2 possible links, 72 channeling = 8 possible links

Which is why I was asking for the channelling skill (though it doesn't matter until the time of casting anyway, at which point a quick look at everyone's skill is enough).

Spell difficulty we will overcome with brute force, I have plenty of garlic to burn. :P

I was going to throw my name in here but I guess its a closed community event rather than a community one? Looks like not all are from Xanadu so far but if you change your mind I would appreciate being on a list rather than just starting a ninja mission.

4 minutes ago, SmeJack said:

I was going to throw my name in here but I guess its a closed community event rather than a community one? Looks like not all are from Xanadu so far but if you change your mind I would appreciate being on a list rather than just starting a ninja mission.

Pushing people into ninja missions is the opposite of what this ought to do, I'm not sure where this came off as being a closed event? As you said, I list non-Xanadians as well here(Though if someone would make a fuss for charging the ritual here and not getting the link due to an "outsider", that'd have to be considered), so feel free to tell us your priest's name and Rite to cast :P

Please add Astlyr - Nahjo (Fo) - Holy Crop

Channeling: 70

Journal:

Spoiler

Screenshot%202019-05-29%20at%2007.01.41.

The comment about preferential treatment makes it unclear on the standings of those from other servers who wish to participate, do they keep getting bumped down or something I don't know that's why I was trying to ask

Smeagain - Vyn 92 chan 100 faith

Chrizs - Vyn 95 chan 100 faith

Sme - Vyn 75 chan 100 faith

Fatjesus - Vyn 90 chan 100 faith

Smejack - Fo 70 chan 100 faith

Spoiler

BewJadd.png

Edited by SmeJack

Just now, SmeJack said:

The comment about preferential treatment makes it unclear on the standings of those from other servers who wish to participate, do they keep getting bumped down or something I don't know that's why I was trying to ask

While I don't personally feel like doing that - if someone were to make a stink about it we'd have to talk about it though, and if they insisted they charged the Rite here for the last month an outsider might get bumped down. So far no list is "full" yet anyway, so this is rather hypothetical, and I'm hoping this thread attracts the kind of people who can reasonably sort these things out between themselves. There's no harm signing up either way.

To answer more precisely, no, I don't intend to force a hard rule that "outsiders" get continually bumped down.

As far as I can help it, we'll work the list off in an orderly FIFO fashion. My mentions of potential "preferential treatment" is more of a caveat for the fact that some poeple may not tag along with that. And this is a sensitive matter as people who feel their interests and "rights" (for a lack of a better term) aren't being respected may resort to sniping instead - in much smaller groups, with "worthless" batteries and whatnot.

In essence, I'm trying to build this platform on a basis that makes sniping unneccessary. I know this is rather vague and not confidence inspiring but I'm not completely sure how to juggle this matter between all involved parties reasonably yet, so I ask for a bit of patience and faith while I'm winging this and see how this actually unfolds.? This is basically a lot of conjecture on my part what might happen, what people might do, but there aren't any precedents yet so committing to some "hard rules" already doesn't seem expedient - it would be easy to complain when people "break" them, but also rather conceited since technically noone is obligated to stick to this list, as far as I'm aware of the game rules.

• Like 2

Nonprem alts count, each and every prayer alignment tick or no will add 1 to the pool o 100.000 prayers. So just need to spam it a lot.

On 5/28/2019 at 7:11 PM, Flubb said:

Added, with that channelling I reckon you'll be far in the journal too, but please add a screenshot just for transparencies sake nonetheless.

added screen shot