Sign in to follow this  
Flubb

Global cast waiting list for Benediction

Spoiler

se06fVR.png

Priest named Inspira, Vynora, Rite of Spring, Channeling- 91.898,Reach 70 Prayer (current skill is 69.944) should be complete today or tomorrow. 

Add Athelmir for ROD

Libila priest

Channneling 48

EU timezone ish

Edited by Blaike

So I have to concede a slight defeat here. The good news is

[01:58:33] As the Rite of Spring is completed, followers of Vynora may now receive a blessing!

The bad news is that it happened to fill up around 23:30 CET and for fear of snipers, we didn't want to wait throughout the whole night to cast it. Half the roster was there and clearly nobody was comfortable with waiting another 8-10 hours. I take full responsibility and apologize to those we had to skip over though and draw some lessons from it. The first being that the "progress info", as far as I am being informed about it, will be back up in the OP so that peope on the list can plan better around when to be online, and perhaps I'll figure out a schedule to know more precisely when it starts (I've been praying for over a week when it was "almost done"...didn't expect that.)

For what it's worth, we managed to pull in some extra people from the chat to get this blasted goal out of the way for as many people as possible (as many as were available at least, 1 link was woefully wasted...because I forgot to summon the person in the heat of the moment, of all things. Got nothing to say for myself in that regard.), and the Flubbregation of 7 Vyn Followers spazzing around a wooden altar is hard at work recharging RoS since it's in such high demand.

To end on a positive note: Despite waiting over 2 hours, durign which I prodded through the backlog, we didn't get sniped, and perhaps we'll push our "luck" a bit further next time since people generally want this to be organized, or at least open to all, so maybe good intentions can win over elbow tactics for once? (Despite their admittedly flawed execution)

Either way, congratz to the casters:

Spoiler

Kain (Caster)

Gandalfthegreat

Tamina

Bunnybuns

Tamitra

Xsighx

Eshaa (Actually just wanted to do a sermon around many people for faith gain and probably didn't seem to understand the implication of their participation. Yet. :D)

Tulon

The rest I'll see in about 3 weeks with new humbling experiences on my part that'll hopefully make things go a lot better.

Edited by Flubb
  • Like 1

Didn't think to mention it in my first post, but if possible I'd like to also take part in the next ros on my main Gary, for when I repriest in the future.  I'd be a 30 faith vyn priest with 80 channeling for what it's worth unless if I decided to priest sooner

Ornate

Libila (Rite of Death)

63.99 Channeling

USTZ prime during week, or most of weekends free

Spoiler

65PcHyR.png

Edited by LionIX

4 hours ago, Flubb said:

So I have to concede a slight defeat here. The good news is

[01:58:33] As the Rite of Spring is completed, followers of Vynora may now receive a blessing!

The bad news is that it happened to fill up around 23:30 CET and for fear of snipers, we didn't want to wait throughout the whole night to cast it. Half the roster was there and clearly nobody was comfortable with waiting another 8-10 hours. I take full responsibility and apologize to those we had to skip over though and draw some lessons from it. The first being that the "progress info", as far as I am being informed about it, will be back up in the OP so that peope on the list can plan better around when to be online, and perhaps I'll figure out a schedule to know more precisely when it starts (I've been praying for over a week when it was "almost done"...didn't expect that.)

For what it's worth, we managed to pull in some extra people from the chat to get this blasted goal out of the way for as many people as possible (as many as were available at least, 1 link was woefully wasted...because I forgot to summon the person in the heat of the moment, of all things. Got nothing to say for myself in that regard.), and the Flubbregation of 7 Vyn Followers spazzing around a wooden altar is hard at work recharging RoS since it's in such high demand.

To end on a positive note: Despite waiting over 2 hours, durign which I prodded through the backlog, we didn't get sniped, and perhaps we'll push our "luck" a bit further next time since people generally want this to be organized, or at least open to all, so maybe good intentions can win over elbow tactics for once? (Despite their admittedly flawed execution)

Either way, congratz to the casters:

Reveal hidden contents

Kain (Caster)

Gandalfthegreat

Tamina

Bunnybuns

Tamitra

Xsighx

Eshaa (Actually just wanted to do a sermon around many people for faith gain and probably didn't seem to understand the implication of their participation. Yet. :D)

Tulon

The rest I'll see in about 3-4 weeks with new humbling experiences on my part that'll hopefully make things go a lot better.

Unfortunately this is part of taking on responsibility to organize something. As long as no one organizes anything, no one has any expectations - but because you took on the challenge now people expect something from you.

On the other hand, I too wish this was handled better...You said you waited for 2 hours, did you try PM ing the people on the forums that registered? Some of them could have seen the message with plenty of time to spare :)

The last big hurdle to get Benediction for my GF is exactly this. Eveyrihting else can be completed within a day...so in effect, you just set back one person in particular by some time, a person that actually registered for this. I am not upset, it's a community event after all, I am just sad for relying on a system (and that is why sniping happens, because people don't trust a system...) 

In any case I don't want to derail the topic itself, which is very noble - but wanted to point out the irony in what has happened :) 

• Like 2

This is now the third time I've been excluded from this cast on Xanadu, not by shadowy players, but by friendly ones who, though aware of my desire to participate, do not wait or make any attempt at contact.

So sour grapes (of which there are certainly some) aside, I'm a bit confused about what the point of this exercise has been. As I understood it, the plan was to wait for the favour pool to fill, and then agree a time and place so all willing attendees on the list had reasonable notice to make sure they could participate (a few hours is not reasonable, unless we're to give up sleep, quit our jobs, abandon our families, etc. etc. for Wurm). Instead, you've gone and cast the rite immediately and involved only those people who were available at the time; and for that much, I commend you. But there were no PMs, and no waiting. What real difference is there between this and any other group that has 'sniped' the rite in the past, i.e. cast it immediately for fear that someone else would cast it first? Not a whole lot from where I'm standing.

Don't get me wrong, I still believe the major fault lies with the devs for contriving such an obviously flawed system that is anathema to fun and cooperation. But I am rather disappointed as I had thought this thread was an attempt to take the high road: plan and organize the rite in advance, and if someone snipes it ahead of time, then that's on them and at least we have some evidence to point to when asking the devs for changes. Instead, we're left with the same desperate grabbiness, the same inevitable acrimony that bubbles out in the aftermath, and no clear answer as to whether cooperation can win out over 'sniping'.

• Like 2

Yes, I completely agree with that point, because of fear of sniping we pretty much became part of the same problem. I should have been more steadfast and said to wait, but I was equally nervous (and tired). One thing that was hopefully different in principle is that we asked the entire chat to join. In that process I noticed that being "boldly public" like this is really the only way to go on about this to reasonably counter the sniping mentally, but I half-assed it. The other part that was missing was exactly what you said @Gwyn, which is taking a step back, organizing a set time and wait - even if that means we get sniped.

I did try to vigorously pm all people ingame though, but in another lapse Gwyn wasn't in the forum PM. Second major screwup in this. 2am is not a good time for doing due dilligence, which is another reason to set a date and time...it was just all too rushed. All easy to say having it done with one of my own toons now, I can only hope to rectify this hit to my pride and reputation with my further actions by doing it properly. Because I genuinely want to help getting this done for everyone in spite of the craptastic system it has us pitted up against. If anything this has turned into a personal vendetta for me now, because by giving into pressure and lower tier instincts, this has me marked out as a complete hypocrite.

1 3/4 days said Oblivionnreaver with 15-30 accounts for 50%...let's see how many Vyn followers I can run on my ne machine befor it melts and how fast we're back on track.

I'll also try to better communicate better what is going on, which was (in abstract) another criticism that was noted via PM. That also means preparing the group better ahead of time if I can. (Still can't see any Rite progress myself though, hope this gets fixed asap...)

Edited by Flubb

Please add Emmaline for Rite of Death

100 faith, 80 channeling

LBWX25U.png

Edited by Nomadikhan

Add Xsamuraizx to Holy Crop, 63 prayer atm

PDZjnnN.png

Edited by boilingfort

Please remove Smeagain, Gary, Sme, Chrizs and Fatjesus from the RoS list we got it on Indy thank you :) 

At the current trajectory, Rite of Spring will be cast again sometime Saturday this weekend.

This is both a heads up for all Vynora/Vyn-Template followers to burn your sleep bonus and an invitation for any eligible priest to come link up, no matter what server you're from.

5 links are still available and will be filled with "randoms" from asking around in the ingame chat a few hours prior to the cast (in which the last odd percent will have to be charged.) Further details following.

• Like 1

How are you determining the "last odd percent"?  As far as I know there is only a 0, 25 and 50% message when sermoning or is there another way to tell?

Please Add:

Sathera - Nahjo Holy Crop - 100 Faith 61 channeling

Amberflame - Mag Ritual of the Sun - 100 Faith 38 Channeling

They live on Indy but can sail over if you have room during a cast.

- Kodos

8 hours ago, Kodos said:

How are you determining the "last odd percent"?  As far as I know there is only a 0, 25 and 50% message when sermoning or is there another way to tell?

Only by counting your own prayers and finding out when the messages change to infer the trajectory. Been powercharging RoS with 15 alts, so they make up a substantial part, making it somewhat feasible to base it off my own prayers alone. Not a precise science but it ought to come close enough.

I would like to add some merely to link for journal although i have a vyn with 99 channeling i'd not mind getting the mind logic bump from casting with

Following need journal quest done.

Ritual of Sun

Rabidscab: smeagain 100 faith  need link only

Aramisii : Magranon 100 faith     need link only

Holey Crop,

Bhuta: Nahjo 100 faith   need link only

Forestmonk: Fo 100 faith            can be supplied if numbers insufficient to cast right   goals already met

Sassypants: Fo  100 faith            can be supplied if numbers insufficient to cast right   goals already met

Rite of Spring

mossfauna: paaweelr 100 faith  need link only

silky: vyn 100 faith  99channeling

Rite of Death

Xsuccubusx: libila 100 faith   need link only

mondain: Tosiek 100 Faith   need link only

Glasse: Nathan 100 faith     need link only

please pm if these are being hosted, as i'm quite busy playing all over the place if rl is not attacking me

Edited by Bloodscythe

Hi everyone,

Well, my plans have been changed.  I will not be on for the planned ROS cast this weekend June 15-16.  Please keep me in the queue if the cast gets postponed or if another cast is planned.

Thanks very much.

@Thalorane

That's a shame, with the current backlog I'll probaby have to direct the mass prayers to other rituals. :(

But I'll keep sermoning to the alt army with Tulon, which will give some decent charge(assuming it's not bugged like the rest of the demigods in regards to Rites), so it may not take all that long...can't pull it off in two weeks again though I'm afraid.

The roster was fully assembled this time though, so that's something. And it was not sniped despite being up for over 24 hours! So, there's hoping that we don't all have to capitulate to lower instincts after all.

[2019-06-15] [23:08:36] As the Rite of Spring is completed, followers of Vynora may now receive a blessing! (CET)

casting team:

Feinmharu

Vinnydiesel

Inspira (Caster)

Siegfried

Mossfauna

with special guests

Vynn

Meanwan

Rustynail

And congrats to Siegfried for finishing the Benediction Journal on a big note.

I'll move to charging Holy Crop now, as it has the biggest backlog of casters; since the whole favor pool/casting Rite spells is still bugged for demigods, I'll rely on someone to tell me when it's ready(Shooting me some sermon messages for a rough gauge via pm or WO discord would be apprechiated). It's been almost 3 weeks since the last HC, so it should take less than 2, maybe just 1 week to get it ready.

Edited by Flubb
  • Like 1

Please remove Amberflame, she was able to join in on todays Ritual of the Sun on Xanadu.

Please add Navaro, Fo - Holy Crop, 89 Faith, bad channeling

- Kodos

Please add Rolando, Nahjo, for Fo's Holy Crop

88 Channeling

Spoiler

via43Ma.jpg

Please add Limbeck for Holy Crop ( Nahjo ) 33 Channeling.

Spoiler

nq88bGj.png

You can remove Mrgary from rite of death, I got it covered thank you