Sign in to follow this  
tamat

Add epic curve to freedom

Freedom market would crumble further, we have affinity food and meditation boosts along with vynora skillgain boost

they got everything else from epic, why not the curve as well?

• Like 3

I didn't spend almost 5 years of grinding on Freedom just to have it easy mode later.  That's what Epic is for.

• Like 1

add it so they can see how much the curve dunks on skilling so they can finally realize how wrong they were on grinding to 90-100 on epic pre-wu skill system being so "easy"

• Like 4

There's a reason I never played Epic, make that 4 reasons.  This is number 2.

-1. Epic is open to everyone. The two clusters are quite different games and big part of it is the different skill system.

Would you please care to explain the reasons and ideas behind that proposal? So far I respected you as a rational contributor, even if I disagreed, but that proposal feels like mere trolling.

Maybe I am wrong. But even then please mind that there is an audience beyond the sklerotic and gerontocratic PvP scene which may have troubles to understand. In my area in "Freedumb" about 30 to 40% of the players joined Wurm no earlier than 2 years and a bit. And not everybody is familiar with function graphs and does intuitively understand y=2*x-(x/10)^2 .

In short, the Epic curve results in much steeper skill gain in the beginning, 19 instead of 10, 36 instead of 20, 75 instead of 50, and still 99 instead of 90, while the difference between 99 and 99.99 is somewhat tinier yet not completely unimportant.

Transferring that to Freedom would mean completely disrupting the skill training system here. So beyond a provocation I fail to see a point.

And if it was meant as a joke, please move it to wood scraps forum.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Ekcin said:

Would you please care to explain the reasons and ideas behind that proposal? So far I respected you as a rational contributor, even if I disagreed, but that proposal feels like mere trolling.

Maybe I am wrong. But even then please mind that there is an audience beyond the sklerotic and gerontocratic PvP scene which may have troubles to understand. In my area in "Freedumb" about 30 to 40% of the players joined Wurm no earlier than 2 years and a bit. And not everybody is familiar with function graphs and does intuitively understand y=2*x-(x/10)^2 .

In short, the Epic curve results in much steeper skill gain in the beginning, 19 instead of 10, 36 instead of 20, 75 instead of 50, and still 99 instead of 90, while the difference between 99 and 99.99 is somewhat tinier yet not completely unimportant.

Transferring that to Freedom would mean completely disrupting the skill training system here. So beyond a provocation I fail to see a point.

And if it was meant as a joke, please move it to wood scraps forum.

make all thinks easier overall, except the part of the curve over 90

15 minutes ago, tamat said:

make all thinks easier overall, except the part of the curve over 90

Its easy enough, thanks.

• Like 1

Nope nope nope. If you want a curve, go to epic or join a WU server.

47 minutes ago, Nordlys said:

Its easy enough, thanks.

grind is the same

14 hours ago, Alexgopen said:

they got everything else from epic, why not the curve as well?

What, like Valrei creatures, champions, HotA...?

Oh, you mean Chaos. That 10% of freedom. Tell you what, you can have Chaos on Epic as the northern server, seems like a more reasonable solution from a numbers perspective.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Flubb said:

What, like Valrei creatures, champions, HotA...?

Oh, you mean Chaos. That 10% of freedom. Tell you what, you can have Chaos on Epic as the northern server, seems like a more reasonable solution from a numbers perspective.

Ahhh yes

As if you don't get

Tomes

MM from any kind of event/brought over from chaos

Player Gods

Missions for Karma

Please don't be so condescending. Its not a good look.

Edited by Oreo

3 minutes ago, Oreo said:

Its not a good look.

Neither is the hyperbole to "justify" more merging when that's appearantly low-key their point of contention. Seems counterproductive if anything.

• Like 1