Sign in to follow this  
Blindmole

Cooking quality issue when container filled full (caped at Q20)

Old report:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hallo. Never had before 1.9. Now happened 2 times after update, pretty rare and pretty random happening.

Issue: meals gets wrong quality after cooked.
x9 of x10 cooked pies got Q20 instead 99, and just one pie got decent Q99.
All cooked at same oven in same session with same kindling.
(yesterday had cooking session, got all pies i cooked at Q99, server had no restart or updates/changes).
image:
41JYV6t.jpg

Skills: Baking 99+, Hfc 75+, all ingridients Q94-100
Food: cottage pie (happened once, not happened yet with other baking products).

P.S. Also, day after update 1.9 tried to make salt from sea water. Got same issue with exactly same Q20 salt quality drop with Hfc75. Around 90% of salt was just Q20. After week tried again and got normal salt result, bug not repeated. Today same happened with baking.

Sorry for not best english, hope you will understand good enough.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE 1:

Big thanks to Brash_Endeavors and Oblivionnreaver with your help and sharing knowledge about ownership lose. Just after couple smoke breaks i got this toughts:

1. Sea salt making from sea water:
a) first time tried to fill couldrons with drag'n'drop water from oil barrel to coudrons stright, without using my inventory, and got that "bug".
b) when i mentioned that "bug" dissapeared - was filling couldrons stright on sea shore, filling couldron in my inventory and then dragging to oven, and result was fine.

2. Baking pies:
a) im allways use measurement jugs for gravy when cooking, so gravy allways come from my inventory to ovens and thats why never saw that issue.
b) this first time when issue happened for me - im not used jugs, simply filled stright from barrel (precooked gravy long time ago) to oven. Noticed that filling alll last free space in pie dish gets acceptable ammount and can be cooked successfully, so simply filled full, without using my inventory with jugs, and got issue.

Need to test to be sure, but seems its ownership issue.

Update 2:

After some tests discovered moment when issue happens:
Cottage pie gets Q20 when cooked in fully filled container (pie dish). If i fill all last space in container with gravy - pie lose quality.
Looks like container confuses with space when cooked pie spawns in container and have (i guess) wrong rounded weight.
Same happened with sea water in couldrons, because filled full (trought drag'n'drop), using "filling" option works well.

Edited by Blindmole
update

I hope someone who knows more can assist.

All I can add is that every time I get 20.00 quality food, there is no skill increase associated with it, and it seems to occur when the chef goes offline for some part of the process and "orphans" the ingredients so that they are no longer viewed by the game as the "owner" of the process.  

20.00 food is food cooked by game mechanics (it was combined, it was heated, it turned into some recipe)  but not by a particular player, because of some sort of interruption that breaks the link between the food and the chef.. 

• Like 1

Did you take the gravy/whatever you used out of the stove and put it in your inventory before putting it in the meal? if it doesn't know the owner of some of the ingredients it'll become 20ql, things like gravy sausages and whatnot have that problem commonly, as people often dump them straight into the meal once they've cooked.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

I hope someone who knows more can assist.

All I can add is that every time I get 20.00 quality food, there is no skill increase associated with it, and it seems to occur when the chef goes offline for some part of the process and "orphans" the ingredients so that they are no longer viewed by the game as the "owner" of the process.  

20.00 food is food cooked by game mechanics (it was combined, it was heated, it turned into some recipe)  but not by a particular player, because of some sort of interruption that breaks the link between the food and the chef.. 

was allways stay near oven, pies cooked in my eyes, watching process :)
No one of other people participated in process, i do everything solo, staying alone near oven.

Edited by Blindmole

3 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

Did you take the gravy/whatever you used out of the stove and put it in your inventory before putting it in the meal? if it doesn't know the owner of some of the ingredients it'll become 20ql, things like gravy sausages and whatnot have that problem commonly, as people often dump them straight into the meal once they've cooked.

gravy drag'n'dropped from barrel in barrel rack stright to pie dish in oven.

No one of other people participated in process, i do everything solo, staying alone near oven.

Edited by Blindmole

Thought what similar was with both accidents, and only one similar thing found yet - in both cases brand new sea water salt participated in process.
First time salt produced from sea water.
Second time used sea salt in pies.

Anyway since 1.9 update cooked maaaaaannnyy same recipes without geting this Q20 issue.

Edited by Blindmole

oh oh... i think i understood. Sure need to test, but want to report here my thoughs first.

Big thanks to Brash_Endeavors and Oblivionnreaver with your help and sharing knowledge about ownership lose. Just after couple smoke breaks i got this toughts:

1. Sea salt making from sea water:
a) first time tried to fill couldrons with drag'n'drop water from oil barrel to coudrons stright, without using my inventory, and got that "bug".
b) when i mentioned that "bug" dissapeared - was filling couldrons stright on sea shore, filling couldron in my inventory and then dragging to oven, and result was fine.

2. Baking pies:
a) im allways use measurement jugs for gravy when cooking, so gravy allways come from my inventory to ovens and thats why never saw that issue.
b) this first time when issue happened for me - im not used jugs, simply filled stright from barrel (precooked gravy long time ago) to oven. Noticed that filling alll last free space in pie dish gets acceptable ammount and can be cooked successfully, so simply filled full, without using my inventory with jugs, and got issue.

So, thank you again, i know atleast where to look now, but im almost sure that more tests will only confirm yours knowledge. THANK YOU.

My thanks to you, as I had a chance to sample some of those delish cottage pies I think back when I spent some time on Mystic Highlands and you lived just up the road a little ways ....

Update 2:

After some tests discovered moment when issue happens:
Cottage pie gets Q20 when cooked in fully filled container (pie dish). If i fill all last space in container with gravy - pie lose quality.
Looks like container confuses with space when cooked pie spawns in container and have (i guess) wrong rounded weight.
Same happened with sea water in couldrons, because filled full (trought drag'n'drop), using "filling" option works well.