Sign in to follow this  
Darklords

A New Elevation

Recommended Posts

This is my jam. A lot of my issues with epic seem to be getting a look, if only on elevation (the only place I have ever lived on epic tbf.) I will be coming back for this to be sure. The biggest question is whether it will keep me around until the next epic overhaul. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2019 at 10:35 AM, FireHeart said:

I can't wait to play the new map.

My biggest concerns are not starting with a compass and not having a map dump at all.

Also I'm extremely happy with what you have done with meditation. It became a must have in pvp, making it harder for newer players to feel impact or willingness to partake in pvp.

I would like for all times/sorcery ability and attributes to be gone, I liked the simpleness of epic when it first came out.

I'm fine with disabling champs, I really did enjoy killing a champ but understanding that meta gaming can make a kingdom suffer if a champ slot is taken up.

Also Happy with the dirt and mine slopes, hopfuly people will not focus on making massive deeds that take months to make and never go outside and pvp :P.

Can't wait to enjoy the first month or two of bang, have fun guys! 

 

I thought you liked the simpleness of Epic when it first came out, and we had no compasses or maps ..... ?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Zenity said:

I thought you liked the simpleness of Epic when it first came out, and we had no compasses or maps ..... ?

 

Logging started 2011-10-30

[21:05:43] Welcome back, Gary! The Desert has been waiting for you.

[21:07:24] Your are rewarded a compass.

 

I don't remember if the compasses we got from finishing the tutorial went to epic, but I definitely got one from examining a GM sign in the starter deed along with the rest of the noob starting kit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We could tweak the crafting recipe to be any oil. That opens up corn, cotton oils as crafting materials. 

 

Could be a cap if they use those lesser oils too? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Zenity said:

 

I thought you liked the simpleness of Epic when it first came out, and we had no compasses or maps ..... ?

 

 

Did you not play epic when it was first released? They gave everyone a map dump via online also when you started epic you had starter tools and q 20ql compass?

Not sure if you trolling or misinformed? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Zenity said:

 

I thought you liked the simpleness of Epic when it first came out, and we had no compasses or maps ..... ?

 

 

......We had starter tools starter compass and a map dump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Zenity said:

 

I thought you liked the simpleness of Epic when it first came out, and we had no compasses or maps ..... ?

 

 

What? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

We could tweak the crafting recipe to be any oil. That opens up corn, cotton oils as crafting materials. 

 

Could be a cap if they use those lesser oils too? 

 

Maybe Cap it at 30 seconds speed wise, since its 20 seconds for a QL 1 Compass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we reset the current kings / queens for this elevation reset? 

To prevent them ending up on the home servers and not on players that actually pvp on elevation.

Edited by Sn00
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Vomusu said:

Also disable transmutation liquids plz, nobody wants tar walls

 

Agreed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will there be a faith reset to stop the spell spam first week and enchanting items coming up like it's nothing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since this elevation is basically a fresh start, they should reset faith and meditation path just make it easier/faster to gain. Like every double the amount of faith gained by praying and shorten by half the time it takes to path up. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Egard said:

Since this elevation is basically a fresh start, they should reset faith and meditation path just make it easier/faster to gain. Like every double the amount of faith gained by praying and shorten by half the time it takes to path up. 

Its not a fresh start lol we all have our skills still, crafting skills/fighting skill/ so no reason not to have faith stay :) dont go converting and losing your faith 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sn00 said:

Can we reset the current kings / queens for this elevation reset? 

To prevent them ending up on the home servers and not on players that actually pvp on elevation.


+1

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Egard said:

Since this elevation is basically a fresh start, they should reset faith and meditation path just make it easier/faster to gain. Like every double the amount of faith gained by praying and shorten by half the time it takes to path up. 

 
+1

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FireHeart said:

Its not a fresh start lol we all have our skills still, crafting skills/fighting skill/ so no reason not to have faith stay :) dont go converting and losing your faith 

It’s a fresh start as in regards to new map, no items transferring and all the other changes. At these map resets it’s so easy to gain faith too due to large number of players for sermon and all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Egard said:

It’s a fresh start as in regards to new map, no items transferring and all the other changes. At these map resets it’s so easy to gain faith too due to large number of players for sermon and all. 

Maybe you should have been praying before now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Egard said:

It’s a fresh start as in regards to new map, no items transferring and all the other changes. At these map resets it’s so easy to gain faith too due to large number of players for sermon and all. 

I still don't see why you would wanna reset faith if you arent resetting skills lol xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Egard said:

Since this elevation is basically a fresh start, they should reset faith and meditation path just make it easier/faster to gain. Like every double the amount of faith gained by praying and shorten by half the time it takes to path up. 

+1
A lot of people wanted a COMPLETE reset, skills and all. Since we cannot get that, we can at least get as close as possible. Faith and meditation SHOULD reset with the crossing through the portal. Having no faith to start out will MAKE people explore/learn the map and find the Black Light Altar to priest up, all sides will be doing this so some early game pvp will happen, those who are geared will succeed in the battle for priesthood :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jakeii said:

+1
A lot of people wanted a COMPLETE reset, skills and all. Since we cannot get that, we can at least get as close as possible. Faith and meditation SHOULD reset with the crossing through the portal. Having no faith to start out will MAKE people explore/learn the map and find the Black Light Altar to priest up, all sides will be doing this so some early game pvp will happen, those who are geared will succeed in the battle for priesthood :) 

umm no xD people can just go to wl or bl naked no pvp needed haha, just a rope and horse,

Pass on the faith reset unless everything else is reset :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Olloch said:

Maybe you should have been praying before now


are you suggesting people who come over from freedom/back to the game/jump in should also be behind on Faith as well as skills.
Nobody wants to play this game right now until their is a purpose. 

Maybe the email they're suppose to be putting out on day of launch to older/new players to come back should go out today with "hey go pray" lmfao

One of the arguments for a Full skill reset was allowing new players and old-low skilled players to come back and jump in, hense the soft caps and massive nerfs across the board.

Because you got on the hype train and missed what the request was to start with:

This is suppose to be giving Elevation players the closest thing to a fresh start.

Resetting faith takes us closer to that feeling of a fresh start, thats why all of this is even being done.

We're all just adding a 2 week minimum requirement for fresh freedomers/older players jumping back in on the day. On top of that we're adding the actual faith to get decent spells. 
I'd just reset the faith. I'm 90 on epic, try tell me to go pray I'll just laugh at what is apparent: you're looking to get edge.

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mclavin said:


are you suggesting people who come over from freedom/back to the game/jump in should also be behind on Faith as well as skills.
Nobody wants to play this game right now until their is a purpose. 

One of the arguments for a Full skill reset was allowing new players and old-low skilled players to come back and jump in, hense the soft caps and massive nerfs across the board.

Because you got on the hype train and missed what the request was to start with:

This is suppose to be giving Elevation players the closest thing to a fresh start.

Resetting faith takes us closer to that feeling of a fresh start, thats why all of this is even being done.

Again. if your not resetting skills why would you reset faith, its also a skill xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this