Darklords

A New Elevation

7 hours ago, Oreo said:

Hello catlord

The Catlord

The Best

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

18 hours ago, AceRifle said:

Lol I was at the founding of the early Pmk LoP and later KoS the only crap Pmk were the ones made on chaos.

Epic was made for Pmk. Pmk was a epic thing. Of course you would know that. Since your all knowing.

What is your point exactly?

Just because PMK's were started on epic doesn't mean they fit the original games intent, nor does that mean they are good.

And yeah I know more than you bub, we can take it to steam pm's and I can put you in your place.

11 minutes ago, FranktheTank said:

What is your point exactly?

Just because PMK's were started on epic doesn't mean they fit the original games intent, nor does that mean they are good.

And yeah I know more than you bub, we can take it to steam pm's and I can put you in your place.

Kid I could careless about what you think. I was explaining why they probably didn’t  want to implement pmks right at the start due to pass issue and then you came out of no where off topic as hell whining about why you don’t want pmks lmfao.  

Edit: Unless your a dev now?

Edited by AceRifle

17 minutes ago, AceRifle said:

Kid I could careless about what you think. I was explaining why they probably didn’t  want to implement pmks right at the start due to pass issue and then you came out of no where off topic as hell whining about why you don’t want pmks lmfao.  

Edit: Unless your a dev now?

Don't act like you do not want Kingdom of Sol and Tonygreen back. 

On 6/27/2019 at 12:15 PM, AceRifle said:

PMK. I think their reason for not allowing a Pmk is lame. Simple fix for it.

I am going to take this to pm's.

Edited by FranktheTank

6 minutes ago, FranktheTank said:

Don't act like you do not want Kingdom of Sol and Tonygreen back. 

I am going to take this to pm's.

Wat I ain’t got the time for a Pmk or tonygreen lol

I'd love to play with or against tonygreen, i've only seen videos but people like him are worth logging in for if they pop local lmao.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AceRifle said:

Wat I ain’t got the time for a Pmk or tonygreen lol

WHAT!!!

Something I've wanted to say about Epic for a while; an observation more than anything else.

Regarding nerfing more advanced players to close the gap with noobs, making it easier for newer players to get into PvP...like "fixing" SotG, and reducing the effectiveness of character stats...I feel this is the wrong approach.

I predict that, as has happened before, there will be an upsurge in interest in Epic. Then after a while (few months? year?) everyone will leave again. Except this time the more experienced players will have less incentive to keep playing too. I started on Epic in something like 2013 and at no point since then did I ever want to see a level playing field. If "competitive PvP" was all players required then Challenge would have worked, right? Epic is more than that. Someone else (don't remember who) used a great phrase; Wurm of Duty. Let's just please not go there. If players want a Challenge-type scenario, then make a Challenge-type server for them; please don't contaminate Epic with this.

The problem, as I see it, is the low player numbers on Epic. This is the issue that ideally needs to be addressed.

So what I don't get is this: what are the rewards for doing PvP on Epic? Not many, if any, as far as I can tell. In terms of PvP and how to be more effective, we get rewarded for grinding skills and character stats. We get rewarded for making decent weapons and armour. We get rewarded for building impregnable deeds. We get (or should I say got?) rewarded for persevering with meditation (SotG). We get rewarded for running all over the map doing completely unrelated and inane missions for sorcery spells. In short it seems like we get rewarded for doing anything and everything but PvP itself.

Obviously as I've already mentioned, I think certain support systems should remain; such as meditation and non-nerfed character stats. But what ought to be changed are the rewards for doing PvP itself. Instead of doing missions for sorcery spells, those rewards could be greatly expanded, and be directly related to doing PvP. Maybe based on fights, kills, sacking deeds, or whatever. I never did understand the concept behind missions. They seem somewhat nonsensical and misplaced. I would like to see a system where these rewards (or similar) are given for doing PvP, rather than wasting players' time having them dig for 8 hours to find 30-odd useless bits of crap, or spending a day trying to hunt down some traitor sheep.

Give players a reason to do PvP. Reward players for actually doing PvP! With the right reward system in place for doing PvP then it's possible there might be a sustained boost in numbers on Epic. Who knows for sure, but wouldn't it be interesting to find out?

8 hours ago, Mowglia said:

Something I've wanted to say about Epic for a while; an observation more than anything else.

Regarding nerfing more advanced players to close the gap with noobs, making it easier for newer players to get into PvP...like "fixing" SotG, and reducing the effectiveness of character stats...I feel this is the wrong approach.

Okay. 

I predict that, as has happened before, there will be an upsurge in interest in Epic. Then after a while (few months? year?) everyone will leave again. Except this time the more experienced players will have less incentive to keep playing too. I started on Epic in something like 2013 and at no point since then did I ever want to see a level playing field. If "competitive PvP" was all players required then Challenge would have worked, right? Epic is more than that. Someone else (don't remember who) used a great phrase; Wurm of Duty. Let's just please not go there. If players want a Challenge-type scenario, then make a Challenge-type server for them; please don't contaminate Epic with this.

What specifically about challenge did not work exactly? Who is saying challenge did not work? Challenge was not meant to be a new server type going forward. It was short run test. It was also pretty popular.

The problem, as I see it, is the low player numbers on Epic. This is the issue that ideally needs to be addressed.

Why do you think these changes are being made exactly? It is to address the population. Common sense.

So what I don't get is this: what are the rewards for doing PvP on Epic? Not many, if any, as far as I can tell. In terms of PvP and how to be more effective, we get rewarded for grinding skills and character stats. We get rewarded for making decent weapons and armour. We get rewarded for building impregnable deeds. We get (or should I say got?) rewarded for persevering with meditation (SotG). We get rewarded for running all over the map doing completely unrelated and inane missions for sorcery spells. In short it seems like we get rewarded for doing anything and everything but PvP itself.

I don't really understand, the awards you mention can be conferred to the PvPer who kills the enemy. Taking their rewards. PvP is about the thrill of the fight, expansion of territory, and just having good old fashioned fun. 

It almost seems like you were thinking of more monetary rewards that can be conferred for real world cash incentives.

Obviously as I've already mentioned, I think certain support systems should remain; such as meditation and non-nerfed character stats. But what ought to be changed are the rewards for doing PvP itself. Instead of doing missions for sorcery spells, those rewards could be greatly expanded, and be directly related to doing PvP. Maybe based on fights, kills, sacking deeds, or whatever. I never did understand the concept behind missions. They seem somewhat nonsensical and misplaced. I would like to see a system where these rewards (or similar) are given for doing PvP, rather than wasting players' time having them dig for 8 hours to find 30-odd useless bits of crap, or spending a day trying to hunt down some traitor sheep.

I think you are misunderstanding yet again, rewards are the bi-product of pvping for fun, rewards are rarely the sole incentive. The ultimate form of wurm is putting your crafting, deed design, building, and leadership skills to the test against those in an ultra-difficult survival environment battling it out along the way. You go into battle getting shakes because you are about to fight a strong enemy, who may kill you and takes your gear. That feeling is incentive enough. You seem hung up on this concept that some monetary or functional reward must be delivered. This isn't Diablo 3 man, I don't need to get a new green every boss kill.

Give players a reason to do PvP. Reward players for actually doing PvP! With the right reward system in place for doing PvP then it's possible there might be a sustained boost in numbers on Epic. Who knows for sure, but wouldn't it be interesting to find out?

TL;DR, as stated above, there are plenty of reasons. The amount of people interested in Epic is proof enough that monetary value of items and in game wealth is not the sole motivator for fighting. You're mindset is just not correct if you see this game as a bank.

• Like 1

I assume Challenge didn't work because it disappeared. If you're suggesting Challenge did work, and that it's coming back, then great. Players who want a Challenge-type scenario can just go play that instead of Challengifying Epic.

Monetary rewards that can be converted for RL cash incentives...wtf are you talking about dude? Hello? I was saying that the rewards given for doing completely inane missions ought instead to be given for actually doing PvP.

You said "The ultimate form of wurm is putting your crafting, deed design, building, and leadership skills to the test against those in an ultra-difficult survival environment battling it out along the way. You go into battle getting shakes because you are about to fight a strong enemy, who may kill you and takes your gear. " - I agree with this at least. So why do you want an "easymode"? Suck it up and take what's coming instead of worrying so much about gimping players who might be ahead of you. Probably 80% of PvPers are ahead of me, but you don't hear me calling for them to be nerfed.

So ultra-difficult, but just not too ultra-difficult, eh? Maybe slightly-less-than-ultra-difficult, or almost-but-not-quite-ultra-difficult?

See this game as a bank...? Just...LOL. Seriously; learn to read.

15 minutes ago, Mowglia said:

I assume Challenge didn't work because it disappeared. If you're suggesting Challenge did work, and that it's coming back, then great. Players who want a Challenge-type scenario can just go play that instead of Challengifying Epic.

You have the reading comprehension issue, Challenge was to testing changes to the game. It did that.

Monetary rewards that can be converted for RL cash incentives...wtf are you talking about dude? Hello? I was saying that the rewards given for doing completely inane missions ought instead to be given for actually doing PvP.

Why are you so obsessed with rewards? 

You said "The ultimate form of wurm is putting your crafting, deed design, building, and leadership skills to the test against those in an ultra-difficult survival environment battling it out along the way. You go into battle getting shakes because you are about to fight a strong enemy, who may kill you and takes your gear. " - I agree with this at least. So why do you want an "easymode"? Suck it up and take what's coming instead of worrying so much about gimping players who might be ahead of you. Probably 80% of PvPers are ahead of me, but you don't hear me calling for them to be nerfed.

I played longer than you and more than you, I know the different states of pvp, with damage reduction and no damage reduction. I can assure you the game is better with the changes coming. No one is nerfed if we are all on the same playing field you dink.

So ultra-difficult, but just not too ultra-difficult, eh? Maybe slightly-less-than-ultra-difficult, or almost-but-not-quite-ultra-difficult?

See this game as a bank...? Just...LOL. Seriously; learn to read.

SoTG does not add to the difficulty what are you on about?

And also dude, if you cannot be bothered to get off your deed without some grand incentive? Why are you on a pvp server?

2 hours ago, FranktheTank said:

I played longer than you and more than you, I know the different states of pvp, with damage reduction and no damage reduction. I can assure you the game is better with the changes coming.

In the time I played with no one as sotg and everyone as sotg, even though I was a sotg supporter I agree.  Unfortunately, the issue is how sotg was needed to compete with the ever increasing damage outputs we do.  It's not body strength, not everyone is a beefcake and body strength was still put on a decreasing curve already.  People blame true strike, but that's only one scapegoat.  We've got moon metal weapons adding damage, we've got priest buffs adding damage, aggressive stance adding damage, weapon damage for med maul and polearms increases, and whatever else there might be.  When we were playing pre-sotg days, aggressive didn't give more damage like it does now or at least not as reliably, we didn't have an abundance of moon metal, we didn't have increased weapon damages and very few were even challenging the longsword meta. 

If we reduce how much we lower damage taken, we need to reduce the damage given as well or everyone will just yeet themselves at each other with whatever meta huge weapon there is and people will die comically fast.  Body strength is already curved down (and now some kind of cap too?), I got priest damage buff reduced with the priest overhaul, I think it's time the weapons themselves were overhauled to be more than just slash poke or smack at different speeds, and aggressive stance changed somehow.  Otherwise I feel it's all a disaster created by temporary bandaids

• Like 7

14 hours ago, MrGARY said:

In the time I played with no one as sotg and everyone as sotg, even though I was a sotg supporter I agree.  Unfortunately, the issue is how sotg was needed to compete with the ever increasing damage outputs we do.  It's not body strength, not everyone is a beefcake and body strength was still put on a decreasing curve already.  People blame true strike, but that's only one scapegoat.  We've got moon metal weapons adding damage, we've got priest buffs adding damage, aggressive stance adding damage, weapon damage for med maul and polearms increases, and whatever else there might be.  When we were playing pre-sotg days, aggressive didn't give more damage like it does now or at least not as reliably, we didn't have an abundance of moon metal, we didn't have increased weapon damages and very few were even challenging the longsword meta. 

If we reduce how much we lower damage taken, we need to reduce the damage given as well or everyone will just yeet themselves at each other with whatever meta huge weapon there is and people will die comically fast.  Body strength is already curved down (and now some kind of cap too?), I got priest damage buff reduced with the priest overhaul, I think it's time the weapons themselves were overhauled to be more than just slash poke or smack at different speeds, and aggressive stance changed somehow.  Otherwise I feel it's all a disaster created by temporary bandaids

I think that is a fair assessment. But this is what is great about this new experiment, we can find out what works and what doesn't and give feedback to the dev team on tweaks that could help improve things overall. 

I do want to say that we did technically have moon metal before SoTG became the standard. I also was a big fan of the revamp to make SoTG spread across multiple levels of the path. 

I am looking forward to this short time period where we can really throw down at each other and find a balance that works best.

On 7/10/2019 at 8:07 PM, FranktheTank said:

Why are you so obsessed with rewards?

I'm not. I'm merely pointing out that giving what are essentially PvP rewards for doing missions is the wrong approach. These rewards ought to be gained from doing PvP (not missions)...to encourage PvP on these PvP servers. The fact that you don't understand this incredibly simple concept speaks volumes. You're the one banging on about converting in-game rewards to RL currency, and whatever other deranged crap; I can't even remember. Not that it's worth bothering to remember.

Of course removing SotG nerfs those players with SotG. If one player has SotG and another does not, then the player with SotG has the advantage. Sure, if neither player has it, or both players have it, then it's a level playing field. But removing it DOES nerf those who had it relative to those who didn't have it. This is a fact. And yet again, you appear to having difficulty understanding this simple fact.

So I'm just gonna stop you right there and explain something to you Frank. My comments about the changes were aimed at the devs because they asked players to give feedback on the proposed changes to Epic. They weren't aimed at you. I do not require a response from you. I am not interested in a response from you. You are quite literally wasting your time, as I'm gonna file any response from you exactly where it belongs; in the bin.

13 hours ago, Mowglia said:

I'm not. I'm merely pointing out that giving what are essentially PvP rewards for doing missions is the wrong approach. These rewards ought to be gained from doing PvP (not missions)...to encourage PvP on these PvP servers. The fact that you don't understand this incredibly simple concept speaks volumes. You're the one banging on about converting in-game rewards to RL currency, and whatever other deranged crap; I can't even remember. Not that it's worth bothering to remember.

Yeah that is not true, go back and read your own posts which were incredibly broad on the rewards system discussion.

Of course removing SotG nerfs those players with SotG. If one player has SotG and another does not, then the player with SotG has the advantage. Sure, if neither player has it, or both players have it, then it's a level playing field. But removing it DOES nerf those who had it relative to those who didn't have it. This is a fact. And yet again, you appear to having difficulty understanding this simple fact.

It is not a nerf if it doesn't exist. 

In games a nerf would be taking something in the game and weakening it, while everything else remains the same. SotG isn't being weakened, it is not existing from the start of the server. Therefore it is not being nerfed.

So I'm just gonna stop you right there and explain something to you Frank. My comments about the changes were aimed at the devs because they asked players to give feedback on the proposed changes to Epic. They weren't aimed at you. I do not require a response from you. I am not interested in a response from you. You are quite literally wasting your time, as I'm gonna file any response from you exactly where it belongs; in the bin.

You are posting on a public forum, I am address you as a member of the public forum if you cannot handle that don't post. I will continue to call out your posts because you lack basic game knowledge in them. I am sorry you cannot take this criticism. 

Would be nice to see a new path change for people who had hate and now are stuck without the damage they worked to get.

• Like 1

So, living on home server, I lost my Stamina of Vibrant Light. How exactly it helps people having fun on Elevation?

I always put a lot of time in terraforming and it was very useful for me.

2 hours ago, Wilczan said:

So, living on home server, I lost my Stamina of Vibrant Light. How exactly it helps people having fun on Elevation?

Hmm, not sure if that is a side effect or intended for the potential eventual connections between servers.

Tbh I kinda like Elevation being separate from home servers. 

5 hours ago, Wilczan said:

If anyone crossed from elevation to a home server(home server to elevation causes no issue) since the server opened when you got to the home server your meditation level was set to 9 due to a bug. This was also fixed today and you and anyone else effected should open a support ticket so I can verify and return your levels.

• Like 2

So the experiment where reducing everyone's damage reduction, but keeping things like Truestrike is working out well. 

People with top end accounts are being hit for 40+% damage. 

Is it time to just remove Sorcery abilities? Or at least the main offenders?

The removal of Truestrike had massive support in this very thread previously, I don't think anyone will be upset when it's gone:

defd96c3f1e99ef0b21ef38d16ef62ab.png

Edited by Retrograde
dont unnecessarily tag staff
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, BrokenSanity said:

So the experiment where reducing everyone's damage reduction, but keeping things like Truestrike is working out well. @Darklords  @Retrograde

People with top end accounts are being hit for 40+% damage. 

Is it time to just remove Sorcery abilities? Or at least the main offenders?

The removal of Truestrike had massive support in this very thread previously, I don't think anyone will be upset when it's gone:

defd96c3f1e99ef0b21ef38d16ef62ab.png

+1 

[18:11:48] You cast 'Continuum' on yourself.

[18:19:11] Erinyesthegreat pierces you deadly hard in the right foot and damages it.

[18:19:11] Aged hell hound claws you hard in the left calf and irritates it.

[18:19:15] Erinyesthegreat pierces you deadly hard in the right thigh and damages it.

[18:19:17] Red pierces you deadly hard in the left shoulder and damages it.

[18:19:21] Erinyesthegreat pierces you deadly hard in the right thigh and damages it.

Got 5 hit w/ 20% Damage Reduction w/ tomes and everything. Was a fun little fair skirmish, but my god, theres issues when a 70 body str account gets hit for 40-50%

sir players farmed these tomes on a dead server for 2 years its 100% fair ;)

+1 remove all Tomes on ele pls, bc more fun without tomes !!!!