Sign in to follow this  
Darklords

A New Elevation

Saw this coming, about Truestrike. Which is why out of fairness I rallied for tome removal. 

It will seriously inhibit my willingness to engage the enemy. It was discussed at length in my group as something that would ideally be used once, and then be looked at in the future, and changed. Glad we are working these kinks out early.

Edited by FranktheTank
  • Like 4

Darklord said to wait for November. Tome removal is to hard or something like that  I told him day one it would be an issue and he's like nah fam wait till November 1 hour cool down is enough. I'm like igh ok fam. I have 2 tomes on my char. tomes should of been out just like sotg.

• Like 3

Not really worth playing if your just going to go down in 3 hits

• Like 4

Made an account just for this. All the other tome abilities - whatever. Keep them. Truestrike? It should be changed. It is going to dominate the pvp meta very quickly and its acquisition is choppy, time consuming and extremely RNG. Its usage is flat out not fun. I'd love to have everyone agree not to use it, but I understand that isnt realistic. 

I understand if it's extremely complicated to disable it, I'm not a code monkey by trade, but if it's a "wait until november" situation the server will be dead long before then, as nobody wants to be out of the fight in one hit. 

Theres dozens of people waking up to the reality those of us who ran the numbers a month or two ago realized and they are not interested in this. This past week has been the most fun I've had in wurm in several years, please see what's possible with this before your hard work is spoiled, devs!

• Like 2

Not complicated to remove.  We have the wu code to confirm this

I'm not opposed to changing sorcery, but I think you have to consider a lot of people learned the tomes and took on a debuff because the spell was worthwhile. I think if you change anything dramatically or rework the entire spell, then players should have the ability to unlearn that specific tome as compensation. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Postes said:

I'm not opposed to changing sorcery, but I think you have to consider a lot of people learned the tomes and took on a debuff because the spell was worthwhile. I think if you change anything dramatically or rework the entire spell, then players should have the ability to unlearn that specific tome as compensation. 

This is valid concern, at the very least all aspects of the slime of uttacha deserve a neutralized debuff

I literally bought truestrike last Monday and would be down for the removal of all tomes

• Like 3

If they changed cool down to 1 hour for true strike it dose not take a scientist to figure out o gee lets add 5 zeroes to the cool down so its 415 days or something.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, zentil said:

If they changed cool down to 1 hour for true strike it dose not take a scientist to figure out o gee lets add 5 zeroes to the cool down so its 415 days or something.

That's an 11 year cool down. Fund it.

• Like 3

Bah i did 4 0s lol

Edited by zentil

tfw getting hit for 40% in leather with a huge axe is mind blowing

also wimble sat on top of a horse that was at 1% and not moving, mounted wearing chain and got dunked with spear bonus

• Like 1

I need a tome so i can get hit 5 times for 40-50% aswell. or 250% life.

tfw getting hit for 40% in leather with a huge axe is mind blowing

plate is great

I can understand for pvp but Can we lead multiple creatures while on deed please, jeebus.. this is annoying.

Edited by Llawnroc