Sign in to follow this  
Darklords

A New Elevation

Its not like I've been saying these things since 2013 or 14 xd

15 minutes ago, Olloch said:

We did this. This is OUR update. We pushed this through. We made this happen. The rest of you need to sit down and be happy. You came late to the party and now you get 0 say in what happens.

You came late to the party and talk as if nobody asked for faith /priest block just because tc going to bl suddenly, you get zero say when you come here mixing kvk into what's best for the update when the people you're having drama with put it all to one side to have these updates listed. 

You're gonna be gone in 3 weeks then you'll jump on the next train as it comes around and claim people only want X for kingdom reasons. 

No more to talk about, see you in game with that "edge" you seem to care so much about. 

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Mclavin said:

You're gonna be gone in 3 weeks then you'll jump on the next train as it comes around and claim people only want X for kingdom reasons

Not before I've had my fun with you son.

Everybody sees through your moral highground approach.

But if you need something to fall back on when you get stomped we'll let you have it.

6 hours ago, Egard said:

A fresh new map, fresh kingdom, fresh no items, a whole fresh new start is coming. So why not reset faith, reset meditation paths, reset kings. So it’s all new and has to start up from scratch from on this new map that’s starting up. Keeping faith just guarantees champs.

They already said faith isnt getting reset, king isnt getting reset, did no one from your group watch the stream?

For anyone that missed the stream

mine doors cant be close to each other
drain deed can drain disband deed
king keeps crown
no champs 
faith wont get reset 
no drop items like spyglass/sleep powder will go over
2k map
hell horse will not be able to hitch or ride on
horse rarity will no longer affect speed only affect dmg taken
np pmk
mr north west
jk north east
hot south west
meditation wont go past lvl 9 benefits 
start fresh no start tools
no terraforming events  

Edited by FireHeart
  • Like 2

Good list and at least MR/BL are just a direct north/south not a Diagonal across the map venture.

o0o0o0o0o0oo0o0o0o the hype

3 hours ago, Olloch said:

Everybody sees through your moral highground approach.

Sorry i can't hear you over the echo of the wide empty hota i got disbanded on chaos which tc fully owned, something something mclovin only looks out for himself something something

ok buddy, welcome back, you'll learn fast.

bruh this is like a complete almost challenge shenanigans

like why not just disable priests for the 2 months its gonna last and call it a day, fixes a ton of problems

• Like 2

it dicks those that have grinded the faith, but undicks those that weren't on epic to begin with, which is what we've been trying to accomplish to begin with right

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, platinumteef said:

it dicks those that have grinded the faith, but undicks those that weren't on epic to begin with, which is what we've been trying to accomplish to begin with right

I don't want to ###### the people who grinded, I'm chill that my account has faith already, but I wasn't t grinding it so yeah I wouldn't want those who grinded reset, I think a disable on spells could be good instead so it doesn't ###### anybody, but I'm just looking out for myself so I'll just continue this sermon group and mind my own business ?

I actually thought the debate of faith reset was unanswered, been busy in rl so didn't watch the stream tbh. 

But yes I do think certain people forget what the aim was to try sit there and say I'm on a morale high ground, it's a 3 month server dudes you're losing hair over nothing lmao. 

Just so we remember, we are hoping that future content gets pushed into this server too, so we can test for the bigger epic changes down the line, I just think people coming back now missed why we even wanted this.

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 1

I don't much see a point in just wiping faith and nothing else. I realize the meta is even more priest heavy than in the past, but it seems arbitrary to draw the line at "ok yeah we can churn out 90ql weapons, armor, and gear on day 1, but no spells because that's a problem, alright?" It's a moot point since they apparently already said they won't do it.

Another point is that every weird change that's made, like wiping faith or disabling priests, opens up doors to messy potential interactions and bugs (Presumably you separate faith from Elevation and home servers? If so, what happens if you're a different religion on both servers? Or different alignment on both servers?) I'm personally not a fan of constantly throwing in different mechanics and changes on Elevation just for the sake of throwing stuff at a wall to see what sticks.. It's already hard to differentiate changes that are only on Elevation versus Chaos versus Freedom. That goes for a lot more than just this priest thing.

• Like 5

All they would need to do is toss a couple of zeros onto the end of a favor cost so they cant be casted, or set favor regen to say -100 favor per tic, or remove Statuette from being made, or make the required faith for spells 100+.

No need to wipe faith.  Just make it worthless.

Either way is ok with me ill survive with or without priests.  But main issue is that if you keep your high skills, why not faith?

Faith will not be resetting, there is no good/easy way for it to just effect elevation. We could possibly increase the difficulty of spells for awhile to make them much less reliable, and/or add channeling to the list of skills that get squished a bit.  Not enough time to implement and test anything major but open to ideas for ways to nerf priests early game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Darklords said:

Faith will not be resetting, there is no good/easy way for it to just effect elevation. We could possibly increase the difficulty of spells for awhile to make them much less reliable, and/or add channeling to the list of skills that get squished a bit.  Not enough time to implement and test anything major but open to ideas for ways to nerf priests early game.

No need to nerf priest, if you nerf priest then you make the people who enjoy playing priest not want to come back and play. I enjoy pvp and and the priest that interact with it. Just like your not gonna nerf crafting skills cause people enjoy crafting, just doesnt make sense to me to nerf priest and not nerf crafting.

5 hours ago, Darklords said:

at just a bit more than a week until launch, where is the final draft of things?

please dont rush anything just cause 2 people cried for it, cause thats what it seems like...

i think i can speak for most of us if i say give us a final draft on whats coming BEFORE its coming

dont turn this into a shitfest, thanks @Darklords

5 hours ago, Darklords said:

Remember it's often a loud minority screaming for things like faith reset.

Priests are already going to be at a disadvantage as they won't be able to help as much with the scramble to make new gear, build new deeds etc. Why make it so they can't even do the one thing they're good at - casting spells?

Edited by BrokenSanity
  • Like 2

Well after the last priest changes priests will be able to help build deeds, but not craft items. Also without gems at the beginning you're probably gonna go into the fight just with your favor bar. So if you cast one LoF, or spam a few locates you're already out of favor and cant cast any more spells. You're gonna have to think if you want to spend your favor on dispels, tangleweaves, locates, or just keep it for the LoF or something.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BrokenSanity said:

Remember it's often a loud minority screaming for things like faith reset.

Priests are already going to be at a disadvantage as they won't be able to help as much with the scramble to make new gear, build new deeds etc. Why make it so they can't even do the one thing they're good at - casting spells?

Priests should be resource collecting. 

@votip

People are just going to keep the favour for passives. Who we kidding, I am. 

Disable passives. 

Edited by Mclavin

Why are ppl pushing for a faith reset, ppl have put time and money into getting there priests rdy for new elev map and it is also to close to the restart of elev map to just add a faith reset cause it seems some ppl want it because they waited to long to make up there minds if they was going to play on new map, new map about pvp not about having to worry more about lvling priest faith / making gear / building towers and deeds, resetting to much will have an impact on pvp 

Edited by Erin

14 minutes ago, Erin said:

Why are ppl pushing for a faith reset, ppl have put time and money into getting there priests rdy for new elev map and it is also to close to the restart of elev map to just add a faith reset cause it seems some ppl want it because they waited to long to make up there minds if they was going to play on new map, new map about pvp not about having to worry more about lvling priest faith / making gear / building towers and deeds, resetting to much will have an impact on pvp 

The people you keep trying to make this about are fine on faith and because some of you are slower than others, realistically the people who started last week have 3 weeks because of the issues with gems/saccable favor anyway. This was for people returning on the day, but hey we were asking for the closest reset possible, but keep making this a kvk debate, it will do worlds of wonders. 

Let me guess if we keep pushing for skill resets that's because somebody in the world has 99 weapon Smith and I don't, lmao. 

Edited by Mclavin

Well not to be funny but this reset of elev map been out for weeks and if some ppl want to wait right till the reset to login then thats on them. 

Resetting to much will have a massive impact on pvp, even more so if u reset faith reason why is it take about 2weeks or more to even priest up then once ppl priest up they all sit on deed doing sermons, how many ppl will u see roaming, answer not alot and since the devs keep saying they want to see ppl actively roaming they would be smart not to listen to u

Edited by Erin

I've had 70 faith for 3 years, please don't reset...

i think its clear that there are two fronts on the faith reset topic, no need to argue

what is also clear though is that a large majority wants to have kings reset

4kSppmu.png

34 minutes ago, Mclavin said:

@votip

i am not even participating in this forum fight that doesnt make any sense so idk why you are mentioning me but ok

imagine new elevation with faith reset, people instead of roaming and beign agressive will stay in deeds doing sermons, 10/10

• Like 2

Idea for those advocating a fresh start, if you truly believe that New Elevation should be 'pure' then why not simply take a new or low skilled alt, instead of your main character, that way you'll start with zero faith, low skills and nothing but plain starter kit, put your integrity to the test.

And if you doubt my sincerity, then I'll tell you now, I won't be taking either of my older and higher skilled main characters to Elevation, Jahpeople and Zenity will remain on Freedom and/or Serenity for the foreseeable future, and I'll be using either Gaspode or Cerebus as my Elevation toon, neither are new toons, but both are rarely used alts with nearly new skill levels.

I enjoy the first weeks and months of new servers, I especially enjoy the exploration phase with a new or low skilled character, it's as close as it comes to beginning again.

Nothing stopping anyone from starting afresh with no skills, all you need is the guts and staying power to do it, and the ability to take the inevitable death and losses that will occur along the way.

On 6/28/2019 at 2:05 AM, Retrograde said:

We could tweak the crafting recipe to be any oil. That opens up corn, cotton oils as crafting materials. 

Could be a cap if they use those lesser oils too? 

A few pages late but god yes please, this sounds great