Sign in to follow this  
Darklords

A New Elevation

3 minutes ago, Darklords said:

The epic portals would still work as normal we have no plans to change the current crossing mechanics from epic to freedom and back. 

What would happen to people who are currently

a) On Elevation on epic

but

b) Playing actively on freedom?

So their Epic character is on Elevation, but their actual playtime is devoted to Freedom instead.

If they TP back through Epic Portal after the map launch, will they end up on homeserver?

Or will they end up in Elevation with items they've had pre-reset?

Pls make sure its not second variant.

Edited by nekoexmachina

Starter deeds will have the deed tokens to go off of, and your own deed as well, and terrain.

It's not hard to keep up with where you are, at all.

• Like 1

Not to mention the direction of the sun, using the WL/BL as a compass, etc.  

The WL, being almost in the center of Chaos for years, served as a very good natural compass.

2 minutes ago, nekoexmachina said:

If they TP back through Epic Portal after the map launch, will they end up on homeserver?

Or will they end up in Elevation with items they've had pre-reset?

Everyone will be on a home server when they login for launch day, no one will start on elevation with items.

2 minutes ago, Darklords said:

Everyone will be on a home server when they login for launch day, no one will start on elevation with items.

I do understand that's the plan :)Question is if anything technical is special enough about accounts that are technically not on elevation, but on freedom instead; and if there is anything technically special, it won't get overlooked.

1 hour ago, nekoexmachina said:

I do understand that's the plan :)Question is if anything technical is special enough about accounts that are technically not on elevation, but on freedom instead; and if there is anything technically special, it won't get overlooked.

I dont understand your question. 1, if you portal from ele to freedom then come to to epic after launch you will be sent to a home server with epic inventory, you wont be able to enter ele with any items.

1 hour ago, nekoexmachina said:

You would still show up on a home server for your base kingdom if you have been on epic before.

The poll is the 95% of what we intend to do, if we have to tweak and adjust we will but it's the firm part of the plan ahead 

No hell horses so newer players don't have to grind the b and taming. 

• Like 4

The Reason mine doors are OP is you can't pick or catapult them. Only bash and that's hard to do on deed even with 20 accounts it could take 4 hours easy for a ql90 stone mine door that takes 10 mins to make lol. and steel doors...……..8hours+ that's with out getting attacked , so maybe make it so you can pick them or bash them with a ram at least 200 damage per bash..... please

3 minutes ago, Dadamage said:

The Reason mine doors are OP is you can't pick or catapult them. Only bash and that's hard to do on deed even with 20 accounts it could take 4 hours easy for a ql90 stone mine door that takes 10 mins to make lol. and steel doors...……..8hours+ that's with out getting attacked , so maybe make it so you can pick them or bash them with a ram at least 200 damage per bash..... please

Picking fortress doors just seems OP silly to me! :P

Also, saying it should be easy to break into fortifications that take many man-hours to make also seems silly to me. (There's a reason fortresses were usually sieged, not assaulted.) I don't have a problem at all with mine doors being as tough as they are, I just hate dirtwalls being essential to a fortress.

I'd rather dirtwalls were impossible to make (max slope 40), the portcullis gate was impossible to pick, and fortresses were built around piles of masonry, not piles of dirt. I'd love to see tougher, more expensive walls, perhaps based on material type.

At that, I'd also love to see traps, archery towers, and turrets actually be dangerous, plus defensive siege emplacements and additional guards to represent offline players. The whole "let's raid while players are offline" mechanic is silly too; as it stands now, mine doors give defenders a chance to show up before the raid's over.

I wanna see this on a new map:

Spoiler

hqdefault.jpg

Spoiler

castle.png

Spoiler

1200px-Pembroke_Castle_1.jpg

Dirtwalls just wreck the landscape. :(

2 minutes ago, Roccandil said:

Picking fortress doors just seems OP silly to me! :P

Also, saying it should be easy to break into fortifications that take many man-hours to make also seems silly to me. (There's a reason fortresses were usually sieged, not assaulted.) I don't have a problem at all with mine doors being as tough as they are, I just hate dirtwalls being essential to a fortress.

I'd rather dirtwalls were impossible to make (max slope 40), the portcullis gate was impossible to pick, and fortresses were built around piles of masonry, not piles of dirt. I'd love to see tougher, more expensive walls, perhaps based on material type.

At that, I'd also love to see traps, archery towers, and turrets actually be dangerous, plus defensive siege emplacements and additional guards to represent offline players. The whole "let's raid while players are offline" mechanic is silly too; as it stands now, mine doors give defenders a chance to show up before the raid's over.

I wanna see this on a new map:

Reveal hidden contents

hqdefault.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

castle.png

Reveal hidden contents

1200px-Pembroke_Castle_1.jpg

Dirtwalls just wreck the landscape. :(

I have seen alts drop a deed with nothing but a mine door done in 12 mins...….. and its impossible to get them or the loot lol. houses take 3x longer to build yet you can catapult them with out even being close or pick.....

So, I saw this in the poll:

Physical Damage Resistance/Penalty will be replaced by Fall Damage.

• Stacking DR can get a bit crazy, the idea behind this is to change the physical damage valrei trait and replacing it with fall damage similar to the water damage one.

Is this referring to Smoke from Sol? If so, that a huge change that actually reverses the desirability of the tome pair: I'd rather have the Red Cherry -without- Smoke from Sol in that case (extra resistance to fall damage is almost meaningless in PvP, but extra poison resistance can help).

I don't mind see Smoke nerfed, but if that's a permanent change, I'd want the option to pull Smoke off my toon.

3 minutes ago, Dadamage said:

I have seen alts drop a deed with nothing but a mine door done in 12 mins...….. and its impossible to get them or the loot lol. houses take 3x longer to build yet you can catapult them with out even being close or pick.....

Steel mine doors are now a pain to make. If an alt had one of those, that simply means there was a significant amount of prep work done first, which, as far as I'm concerned, counts towards making the deed. A quick-made rock mine door, on the other hand, isn't too hard to bash down with a handful of players.

In either case, you can't hide the token with a mine door: you'll be able to easily drain it.

Honestly, sounds like a bigger issue is the initial cost of dropping a deed in PvP: perhaps that should get more expensive depending on distance from chain, proximity to enemy deeds, and other factors?

Remove all karma spells, no truestrike nothing... let the passive bonuses be the only thing that you get from tomes. Truestrike will literally one shot someone, same thing as artis. Hammer of mag and septer will one shot almost any acc. 

Champs damage reduction down to 20% so champs aren’t so big walking tanks. 

If the objective is balance and closing the gap in pvpers. These suggestions only help to do that. 

Edited by Egard
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Egard said:

Remove all karma spells, no truestrike nothing... let the passive bonuses be the only thing that you get from tomes. Truestrike will literally one shot someone, same thing as artis. Hammer of mag and septer will one shot almost any acc. 

Champs damage reduction down to 20% so champs aren’t so big walking tanks. 

If the objective is balance and closing the gap in pvpers. These suggestions only help to do that. 

With proposed 1 hour cooldowns a majority of the important spells are already nullified. 

33 minutes ago, FranktheTank said:

With proposed 1 hour cooldowns a majority of the important spells are already nullified. 

Truestrike only takes one cast to one shot someone. Unless it’s a siege where the person who dies keep coming back. Truestrike being an hour just means if it fails the first time it won’t kill anyone but if they hit its almost certainly a one shot. I think every main fighter in Rome had truestrike already before coming to chaos. 

man I wish medi changes were limited to elevation, but hey, this change is better then no change in this case. thanks for the poll, every vote counts, all that.

Will the 1hr cooldowns mean the spells can't be dispelled anymore or does it mean you spend karma to put a spell on so jimmy with wurm assistant and a special beep for continuum have you dispelled in seconds so you can try again in 1hr?  True strike can also just be made into something else, just make it give some offensive cr boost with a defensive cr penalty, basically a berserker buff with a penalty that lasts the usual spell length and can be dispelled but probably not a 1hr cooldown. 

I dunno I get the feeling that the listed changes are a very quick cobbled together bandaid put together by a volunteer that was allowed to take charge otherwise we would see nothing at all.  I don't mean to cause issues but it's clear that a lot hasn't really been thought out, for example nodrop stuff like sleep powder or removing sotg but not elemental immunity or flat out removing recall home when it can just have a lengthy cooldown added from when enemy were in local so its still a useful utility, but I'm also aware that taking time to iron everything out is time that just delays stuff further if there aren't more people on the team that actually care/will dedicate some time to it.  I agree that elevation needs a new map even if it's just temporary, but I don't like all the proposed changes so without a separate vote for map and changes each I don't know how to vote so I probably won't vote at all especially since a shorterm bandaid doesn't make me want to play again, and just sit back and wait to see if something long term sparks interest.  It still makes me feel too much like epic is the test cluster with the cobbled together changes and temporary updates, which while it might bring back some players for now or retain some for a little bit longer, it relies too heavily on there being further dedication to epic before everyone leaves

• Like 4

too much kool-aid in that discord..

i voted no because you're missing a very crucial part to your "reset"

26 minutes ago, Oreo said:

Skill reset? Yeah I agree

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrGARY said:

42 minutes ago, Oreo said:

14 minutes ago, Mojo said:

Skill reset? Yeah I agree

This is absolutely just short term bandaids people where told that they could have temporary solutions like this to fill the gap or wait till around november when bigger things are planned.  People expressed they would be alright with some simple to implement but changes to still throw the meta up with another full reset likely coming near the end of the year so that's the approach that was taken for this.  You are right that there is less than normal resources and most of the help are people throwing a hand in outside stuff they are already doing so we do have to pick and choose what we can realistically hope to accomplish in time.

• Like 4

Just now, Darklords said:

This is absolutely just short term bandaids people where told that they could have temporary solutions like this to fill the gap or wait till around november when bigger things are planned.  People expressed they would be alright with some simple to implement but changes to still throw the meta up with another full reset likely coming near the end of the year so that's the approach that was taken for this.  You are right that there is less than normal resources and most of the help are people throwing a hand in outside stuff they are already doing so we do have to pick and choose what we can realistically hope to accomplish in time.

I'm not knocking you, I'm just saying I'm cool with a map reset, separate via portal to homeservers (aka no gear transfers) and a smallish map for this first "reset"

After that, if you don't wipe it clean to start over with a clean slate - you're spinning your wheels going no where.

5 minutes ago, Mojo said:

I'm not knocking you, I'm just saying I'm cool with a map reset, separate via portal to homeservers (aka no gear transfers) and a smallish map for this first "reset"

After that, if you don't wipe it clean to start over with a clean slate - you're spinning your wheels going no where.

There is plans to take a much better pass of pvp mechanics later this year, we don't want to go to much into detail but we are aware how people feel and what they would like to see.

• Like 1