Sign in to follow this  
Darklords

A New Elevation

awesome!! You decide to bring life to Epic! :D love this idea!! will push friends to join 

I have a bunch of accounts on every server with tons of items/skills - Just let me keep my toon's name.  Its a game... I'm not selling my Wurm toons or valuables for retirement.  Freedom will never be reset, Wurmaggeddon aside.  "Chaos" or Wild has been around before some Wurm players have been born.   Its an awesome great spectacular map, had a ton of great memories there... but there comes a point where you need to refresh the map.  The only way we're going to get that fresh experience is with Epic.  Anyway....these servers shouldn't be live for years and years.  We get it "legacy" "history" etc etc

Lets make Epic different than Wild please.  

• Like 2

What will the Offices look like?  Will there be Champions? 

So any more thoughts @Darklords on tomes? You mentioned in the initial post about maybe adding a cool-down to spells esp true strike? I still think they should be stopped for this short term solution for epic , or at least add a resistance to true strike after the first hit by it as well as the 1 hour suggested cooldown.

Also Sindusks new priest change still adds too many "must haves" into the pvp meta but I do not see any points raised by the devs about combating this? 

• Like 1

Will characters forcefully moved to home islands be moved with or without any items that they might currently have on them now (Pre-new elevation map)?

I cannot see them going around your deed and transporting your items with you Nappy ? I would think it will be you and whatever is in your inventory. Its not as though they haven't given people enough warning and time to transport all your stuff to a homeserver

13 minutes ago, Nappy said:

Will characters forcefully moved to home islands be moved with or without any items that they might currently have on them now (Pre-new elevation map)?

If they are moved to home servers their inventories would go most likely

30 minutes ago, Rhianna said:

I cannot see them going around your deed and transporting your items with you Nappy ? I would think it will be you and whatever is in your inventory. Its not as though they haven't given people enough warning and time to transport all your stuff to a homeserver

Well I was thinking about my inventory items specifically but thanks for the joking around - missed you too - grin

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Darklords said:

Minedoors

Wish there was time to rethink minedoor mechanics more but other than removing the limit per 11x11 area we will be keeping gaps between doors and adding interrupts to placing mine doors similar to when building walls.

• Remove the limit per 11x11 area.
  • Will still be required to have 3 full tile gaps between mine doors placed.
  • Combat interrupts placing mine doors.

I'm still hoping the dirtwall meta will be entirely obliterated at some point, which would make mine door spam for dirtwall anchoring irrelevant.

I pray that we portal to new ele map completely nakid, not even starting items! From scratch!

And disable all sorcery perks

Edited by Llawnroc

i wonder if the servers will be able to handle the mass login's its about to have :P

1 hour ago, Llawnroc said:

I pray the we portal to nee ele map completely nakid, not even starting items! From scratch!

here i made tutorial how to make everything from beginning xD didn't expect that it's can be useful for high end toon xD 

I finally got to read the entire forum tonight. Saw a bunch of good ideas for the game in general but most of them require way to much work for a short reset.

Primary issue I have seen for Epic is the elitist group running together owning the server. Even highly skilled characters have no chance solo. So a skill reset is ridiculous since the people that stay or join will just gain skill and we are right back here in a year or two. After lots of thought all I got, for long term survival of a PVP server, is to diminish their skills when they are to close together.  Force a highly skilled player to raid/travel with lower players to keep their skills current. 2-90 FS players are lowered to 80 FS each, that sort of thing.  I can imagine this would be a coding nightmare and don't expect to see it implemented any time soon, just a thought for the long term.

Need a way to draw players to Elevation from home servers.... Uniques and MM. Remove uniques from home servers. But while doing so make them pop more often on Elevation. It's another good reason for pvp while you got a group together anyhow. While doing so make the mm one way so there is still a reason for doing rifts on home servers for the noobs. Skill all you want on the home server but scale hide and mm only travel one way. No more stock piling it at your base on the home server. This would also allow those hard core collectors to gain some coin for previous efforts. Selling mm/scale/hide at a premium to new players on their way to elevation.

For the current reset of Elevation... minimize the deed size. I believe this will fix a lot of the "dirt wall" "mine door" issues as long as mine doors off deed are weaker and reinforced walls are eventually mineable or not even possible off deed.  Yes, It could make you less money if 10 people could live on a 12x12 deed but most likely it will do the reverse and cause folks to buy more deed locations. And what could it hurt, its all just temporary anyhow.

And one final "to late to matter" thought...….. partial loot !   What's the difference between Epic and Chaos? For a noob that is...… nothing.  Make it so one equipped item is left behind, totally at random, equal % to all items, so when you die instead of EVERYTHING lost you only loss 1 item. This should even be good for veterans with full scale sets as well. You want new players, don't make them loose it all every time some douche with a bit of skill jumps them. Want people to wear some of that hard earned scale or hide armor? make it so it cant be cherry picked from a corpse every single time you die.

Hell horses, same speed as regular horses, same speed boosts, just speed is not effected by barding. Still a reason to have but not op.  On that note though, all horses are to squishy anyhow.

• Like 1

quick addition..... add players shield bonus to the horse if its equipped. Just at a slightly lower % 

5 hours ago, Darklords said:

Only way to get to elevation will be from starter deeds teleports to it, will require you to be 100% naked and carrying no items to cross.

what about nodrop items? what about contents of bag of keeping? pls test that those are worked around properly or excluded.

And silver mirror which is not tradeable either

15 minutes ago, nekoexmachina said:

what about nodrop items? what about contents of bag of keeping? pls test that those are worked around properly or excluded.

3 minutes ago, Jaz said:

And silver mirror which is not tradeable either

Very good points added to my list thanks.

• Like 1

ah yeah.. was wondering whether or not i can keep my 2 sleep powders and spyglass? I'm not fussed on the spy glass but them sleep powders are delicious

yeah I wouldnt mind keeping my 40 plus sleep powders too lol but keeping the spyglass would be great :)

+1 on spyglass. It's bad enough that spyglass I got on freedom stayed on freedom :S

• Like 1

Also it was mentioned that people would get transported to home starter towns at reset time.

What's about their inventories?

I have no doubts that there would be few returnees who would get back only after reset would happen. 

In case their inventories would be erased, won't this cause a major fuss on the forum?

I mean people might even hear of the reset only past reset. People who used to play, but don't even keep track of news anymore.

52 minutes ago, nekoexmachina said:

Also it was mentioned that people would get transported to home starter towns at reset time.

What's about their inventories?

I have no doubts that there would be few returnees who would get back only after reset would happen. 

In case their inventories would be erased, won't this cause a major fuss on the forum?

I mean people might even hear of the reset only past reset. People who used to play, but don't even keep track of news anymore.

Peoples items on them/inventory's will definitely be coming with them, if anything goes missing we will have backups to check against worse case.

• Like 1

• Will only be in effect for the first few months, no set date likely when people feel they are ready for it.
  • Server border travel between any epic server will be disabled.

Do these two go together ? We are getting a separation from the home servers but only for a few months ? Am i reading this right ? Can't this be kept in effect for this iteration until the November/next year rework ? because adding the home server gear into the game two months into the reset will ruin the experience for most people that start fresh.

• Like 2

I dropped my full seryll rare plateset at rome and suicided. I really dont care for shinies.. no one will have them when we port over for the first month or so. After that i 'may' shed a tear when people bring their things over. But honestly.. I welcome the nude beginnings on epic. Havent ever been at an equal footing such as this and look forward to what comes!

• Like 1

So now I have to build a deed to house my stuff on the home server if I want to cross over?

Also, @Postesnice start to that post. 

Edited by Oreo