Sign in to follow this  
Darklords

A New Elevation

11 minutes ago, nekoexmachina said:

how would skill reset help with people getting too much skill over time?

read that one more time.. but slowly

• Like 1

I'd like to see the epic changes apply mostly to elevation. I'd like to have missions done on elevation do 5x(+/-) the amount of damage compared to home missions. MORE meteors sprayed across the land(like each mission spray 4 2x2 meteor on both enemy homeland), like 4+ times a month, just not too big, mostly to home servers that don't do enough missions.. to weaken their defenses BUT give home defenders like 25-50%(<--these numbers aren't realistic, just add to my point) more cr/damage against enemies who will try to steal rifts and uniques and raid the broken defenses.

Elevation: +2k, +portal only, +no item enters but can take out. -no rifts -no uniques. Keep mount speed but wounds slow by 50%.

I'd like to see elevation as a place to find chests,find moonmetals, do hota, depot, and to effect the valrie map much faster w/missions. Reset elevation map every 6 months 

Home: +buff cr/damage(25-50%) against enemies, +keep med perks, +keep moonmetals. +more small meteors and land raises.

Edited by Llawnroc

1 minute ago, Llawnroc said:

Home: +buff cr/damage(25-50%) against enemies, +keep med perks, +keep moonmetals. +more small meteors and land raises.

Nice meme. I suggest otherwise. 

Home: -buff cr/damage against enemies, - keep med perks, -keep moonmetals, - keep maps, -keep servers.

5 minutes ago, faty said:

read that one more time.. but slowly

what skill changes would explicitly require skill reset, which would avoid people getting overly skilled over time?

how diminishing returns for skill and ql of items is worse then full on skill reset?

11 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

Nice meme. I suggest otherwise. 

Home: -buff cr/damage against enemies, - keep med perks, -keep moonmetals, - keep maps, -keep servers.

The idea is that most of the pvp will be done on elevation to weaken homelands and elevation has all of your favored nerfs, but raiding homelands will be very risky.. 25-50% cr/damage is just to emphasize how risky it is, the numbers dont have to be exact. This will keep the pve ppl on homelands from quiting maybe

Edited by Llawnroc

2 minutes ago, Llawnroc said:

The idea is that most of the pvp will be done on elevation to weaken homelands and elevation has all of your favored nerfs, but raiding will be very risky.. 25-50% cr/damage is just to emphasize how risky it is, the numbers dont have to be exact.

You already have a ton of advantages : Enemies can't deed there. They can't make guard towers. They have to spend hours to sail to you. If you want to be safer go to freedom

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Llawnroc said:

agreed, in fact people should be penalized further, as they were in the beginning with ore caps

home servers inhabitants (but not attackers) should be capped at 50 all effective skills including characteristics, but keep the rest of the stuff you suggested

Edited by platinumteef
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Llawnroc said:

The idea is that most of the pvp will be done on elevation to weaken homelands and elevation has all of your favored nerfs, but raiding will be very risky.. 25-50% cr/damage is just to emphasize how risky it is, the numbers dont have to be exact.

i get that you are jsut now realizing your deeds will be vulnerable to people who actually raid and pvp again, but just like said before, attackers already have a negative CR modifier on enemy homeservers and all the above, no need for further nerfs

• Like 1

Just now, Quicktor said:

i get that you are jsut now realizing your deeds will be vulnerable to people who actually raid and pvp again, but just like said before, attackers already have a negative CR modifier on enemy homeservers and all the above, no need for further nerfs

.7 total cr mod, on top of the fact they can max war bonus in 10 minutes and have 30% cr and damage on top of it

yea, home servers need more protection lol

let them keep the attacker nerfs, but cap all skills while on your own home servers, to 50 effective, seems like a reasonable trade

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gladiator said:

You already have a ton of advantages : Enemies can't deed there. They can't make guard towers. They have to spend hours to sail to you. If you want to be safer go to freedom

Again the point is to have more pvp on elevation, and less on home.. which is why the buff to home...There was mention of a quick sail feature being added to shorten the travel time.. allow enemy deeds, idk about allowing guard towers, as long as locals get that 25-50% bonus.. should be interesting

Edited by Llawnroc

5 minutes ago, Llawnroc said:

There was mention of a quick sail feature being added to shorten the travel time.. allow deeds, allow guard towers as long as locals get that 25-50% bonus.. should be interesting

ehhhhhh i dont think you actually want that lol

Edited by Quicktor

10 minutes ago, Quicktor said:

In the past on affliction we had 5 epic accounts take on our whole server like 9 or more at starter deed, we couldn't touch them...

10 minutes ago, platinumteef said:

agreed, in fact people should be penalized further, as they were in the beginning with ore caps

home servers should be capped at 50 all effective skills including characteristics, but keep the rest of the stuff you suggested

skill cap for enemy? Or local and if for local to what end?

Edited by Llawnroc

1 minute ago, Llawnroc said:

In the past on affliction we had 5 epic accounts take on our whole server like 9 or more at starter deed, we couldn't touch them...

you did something wrong then, and thats a fact, sorry

anyway, lets get back on topic here cause all this stuff is just crazy to even think about

you obviously have enough advantages on your own homeserver against enemies already, thats it

Edited by Quicktor
  • Like 1

Here we go again...

Wurm is not a perfect game and to maintain an active pvp server that will die sooner or later is to reset after a set date. 

You need one of the following key ingredient and that is a reason to move outside your deed. And if we get a map reset. We get PvP for maybe a week or 2 before everyone got their deeds up again and just sitting there dwelling. Epic was dying beacuse there was no reason to go outside their deed in the end. I literally had to sail over to home servers to get pvp.

So why are we talking about skill resets? It's because then people have to move outside their territory more often then not to skill up etc. Rolf also said in the beginning that Epic was supposed to be a reset server but there was some crybabies about not resetting their skills.

• Like 1

All of this artificial content being made..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Quicktor said:

you did something wrong then, and thats a fact, sorry

anyway, lets get back on topic here cause all this stuff is just crazy to even think about

you obviously have enough advantages on your own homeserver against enemies already, thats it

The thing we did wrong is not playing for 6 years to build character strong/geared enough to fight them..simple enough

And raiders are usually skilled and target noob deeds.. even with the buff its unlikely noob will survive..

Edited by Llawnroc
  • Like 1

Why would you want to cap home server skills at 50? that would just turn them into a ghost town as their inhabitants either quit or move to freedom.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Taltos said:

Why would you want to cap home server skills at 50? that would just turn them into a ghost town as their inhabitants either quit or move to freedom.

My guess is he wants to be able to raid fortified deeds with strong accounts and move people to elevation.. my suggestion slows pvp on home and incentivizes pvp on ele or their home get wrecked by meteors

In the latest dev stream, the following question and answer came up:

Q: "Is a skill reset on epic on the table for updates later on down the line."
A: "Down the line there will be large changes like that, yes, but not any time in the next few months."

Can this be expanded on further@Retrograde?

I know I'm not alone when I say, I do not want a skill reset on the server which I have spent the last 7/8 years playing. And people are going to want to know if their years of playing are going to be undone, whether or not it's "in the next few months".

Personally I feel that the people demanding skill resets would probably be better off with a Challenge-esque server cluster where they can fight with sticks in perpetuity. Although I'm guessing Challenge was stopped for a reason? 

Edited by BrokenSanity
  • Like 8

A skill reset won't help in the long run, as people would just skill up again and in a few years we'd have the same problem again. Just make it easier for new players to catch up; though it already is relatively easy, as fighting isn't as characteristics dependant on Epic compared to Freedom. Reward new players with faster skillgains instead of penalizing people who've spent years building up their skills.

• Like 2

Been a busy holiday weekend in the states keep getting dragged to cookouts, I am still in the process of going though all the feedback posted and working on a response just wanted to update everyone.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Llawnroc said:

3 hours ago, Llawnroc said:

Again the point is to have more pvp on elevation, and less on home.. which is why the buff to home...There was mention of a quick sail feature being added to shorten the travel time.. allow enemy deeds, idk about allowing guard towers, as long as locals get that 25-50% bonus.. should be interesting

-1 Sounds like a reason for people to never leave the the Home servers like has been done for years just to say they play on a PVP server.

• Like 1

The idea for homeservers even existing is stupid. The only bonus is you can grind fighting skills in relative safety then go to elevation and pvp. A rather crazy idea is to have one map with 3 distinct almost connected islands to the mainland which act as 'homeservers' Just make it so it has the same benefits as home servers.. But you'll also feel less safe and be occasionally part of the action more since it would require less sailing. 

Whenever id raid serenity I never once had a feeling i was being chased or people from the homeserver would defend its deeds no matter what i hit and when. It's almost like im draining a freedom deed. On a sad note i did die once, to 3 stacked trolls... while trying to cross a anti raider canal.. 

• Like 2