Sign in to follow this  
Darklords

A New Elevation

Skill reset as well is the only way this will work. Even with “soft caps” new players, and people who have already sold out will not be willing to join something that is supposed to be “fresh” when they have to spend all their time grinding in order to be able to fight, while other people already will be able to. 

Furthermore, homeservers MUST BE REMOVED, and elevation made the only epic map, or this will also fail.

Edited by Shawful
  • Like 2

So there is a bit of discussion on our alliance and this idea was voiced:

[17:51:05] <Onnawa> home field advantage should be strong on any given home server to make heartland raids more challenging but still possible

Would've been happier to see that then to see the complete disabling of 9+ level med abilities. Even with sotg  gone completely, still would be better to keep other top bonuses on homeservers.

Why not just remove ugly dirtwalls entirely? Nerf them down to 40 slope, like rocks. Would seem far cooler if the best fortifications you could build were stone walls!

I'd look into the following:

- Loosen the building restrictions on Elevation to allow bigger, true castles

- Add a "huge door" that can't be picked, acts like a mine door hop, but -can- be catapulted/trebbed/rammed.

- Balance strength of stone walls versus siege engines, probably to make it harder than now to punch through (but I'd leave that up to more experienced players)

If we're going crazy, I might even add the ability for defensive siege emplacements. :)

2 minutes ago, Roccandil said:

If we're going crazy, I might even add the ability for defensive siege emplacements. :)

omg+

• Like 1

You could just increase skillgain on Epic a lot more, or provide a catchup window where people have a lot higher gains. A skill reset would be useless unless you create a mechanic to prevent a huge skill gulf opening up again.

4 hours ago, John said:

Regarding the characteristics "nerfing" of higher skilled characters, wouldn't it be better to make it the other way around for the sake of high end PvE (unique slayings)? Instead of stronger players being nerfed, I'd rather see weaker players strengthened. I don't want to see unique slayings becoming impossibly difficult or long. We need to get more scale somehow.

I very much agree.

Just now, Roccandil said:

I very much agree.

Strengthening weaker players so they can get into the game sooner would be better, yes. No sense making PvE needlessly hard.

• Like 2

Regarding the proposed changes to meditating, what happens with Intellect of the Enlightened or Stamina of the Vibrant Light? It leaves out a lot of the best perks to meditating. I think these are too interesting to just leave out of the Epic cluster entirely. I'd rather see the more PvP-related level 11 meditating bonuses reworked than just outright removed.. though I do see the appeal of making it easier to participate in PvP by not having to meditate to get "up to speed". I'd rather see meditating timers be shortened, and Shield of the Gone reworked.

• Like 1

I want Shield of the Gone gone

• Like 1

Why not just remove all meditation abilities until the rework? Seems the most "fair".

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Entendu said:

Why not just remove all meditation abilities until the rework? Seems the most "fair".

Yes, just disable it all on Elevation at the very least.

omega + 1

ONE IMPORTANT THING

the decision to wether or not allow people to bring in stuff from homeservers via boats or blocking them from traveling to it for the first month or so needs to be publicly available really soon

like, please dont wait to long to think that over, cause thats the only part that would affect us now, thanks

• Like 2

^ @Darklords

We dont want items to cross for Elevation, at least give us that "fresh" start experience since we can't have the skill one.
Living inside rabbit holes and working together to get a deed up from scratch, please.

you should have to cross naked imo. lol

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 5

Removing homeservers is NOT the answer. It will just cause more people to leave. If you want a standalone server then make one. 

• Like 1

Just now, Taltos said:

Removing homeservers is NOT the answer. It will just cause more people to leave. If you want a standalone server then make one. 

Yeah. I think the absolute most extreme option would be to move the home servers to the Freedom cluster subject to a community vote on it. Plus a full wipe of Epic makes no sense without a full Chaos wipe too - otherwise we'll still have a split PvP community.

3 minutes ago, Mclavin said:

^ @Darklords

We dont want items to cross for Elevation, at least give us that "fresh" start experience since we can't have the skill one.
Living inside rabbit holes and working together to get a deed up from scratch, please.

you should have to cross naked imo. lol

For how long? It's not really a good idea.

What about home server raiding? You gonna do that naked?

• Like 1

Just now, Entendu said:

I think people are converging on 1-2 months. I don't agree that it should be totally naked, just block scale, mm items, drake, and other difficult to obtain items.

Just now, Entendu said:

What?

The first month, we don't allow items over to Elevation, that isn't removing home servers, home servers can store everything they want and come over naked during the first month.
After the first month many of us will be at the point of situating deeds.

If you want me to build a end game deed in 3 days just let me take my knar to elevation, no problem. you don't think we're not sitting on 50k bricks/mortar and much more than that in Dirt?

WU/VD will be doing the same. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ols said:

I think people are converging on 1-2 months. I don't agree that it should be totally naked, just block scale, mm items, drake, and other difficult to obtain items.

Bricks, mortar, dirt, war deed bonus supplies, high end tools.

Let's not forget players wanted a fresh start with a skill reset, that wasn't possible.
So at least give us a fresh start when it comes to collecting tools/weapons/armours/creating deeds. 

I've got like 100 Steel plate sets enchanted ready to go, we've got horseshoes ready to go, we've got horses on home servers ready to go, we've got bardings, bows, arrows, everything. 
We wanted the chance for NEW players to join and not feel behind, if players portal over from freedom to Elevation to join the new map, they have got nothing, they are naked,
why are home server players being given the chance to come with EVERYTHING? 

it isn't right, it will not help the situation of getting freedom players over. 

Guys, let's not take it too serious, it's getting reset in November, remember the aim here, pull as many people into pvp as possible, tell me how allowing my crew with knars of supplies coming from home server, is helpful to what our goal was? It's 6 months of fun, don't be so nabby over what we get to bring or not, im totally fine being naked and on the same level as any other player coming to elevation, home server, freedom or otherwise.

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Mclavin said:

The first month, we don't allow items over to Elevation, that isn't removing home servers, home servers can store everything they want and come over naked during the first month.

I think that the idea of the question was "how would you raid enemie's homeserver if you cant' bring items over".

3 minutes ago, Mclavin said:

Bricks, mortar, dirt, war deed bonus supplies, high end tools.

Let's not forget players wanted a fresh start with a skill reset, that wasn't possible.
So at least give us a fresh start when it comes to collecting tools/weapons/armours/creating deeds. 

I've got like 100 Steel plate sets enchanted ready to go, we've got horseshoes ready to go, we've got horses on home servers ready to go, we've got bardings, bows, arrows, everything. 
We wanted the chance for NEW players to join and not feel behind, if players portal over from freedom to Elevation to join the new map, they have got nothing, they are naked,
why are home server players being given the chance to come with EVERYTHING? 

it isn't right, it will not help the situation of getting freedom players over. 

I'm up for blocking high end tools and equipment. If its portal only then it'd be difficult to ship building materials over. Portalling should have a cooldown of maybe 15 minutes to stop people ferrying stuff through. If you said no gear above 75ql, no enchanted gear, nothing with rarity, sure. I tend to think travelling by sea should be blocked, or at least travel by knarr. I suppose you are right that there is an argument for starting with nothing, yes.

1 minute ago, nekoexmachina said:

I think that the idea of the question was "how would you raid enemie's homeserver if you cant' bring items over".

You wouldn't. Home server raiding would be disabled in this period. That wouldn't be an issue if you were unable to bring valuable items from Elevation to a home server to hide it.

Edited by Ols
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, nekoexmachina said:

A lot of the pvp will not be home server based - it will be focused around elevation, thats the goal with the new map, 1 month "not being able to raid home server" is not a big deal in the goal of things surrounding elevation.
I think it will create much better game play for everybody if items are blocked going to elevation for the first month - it will draw a lot more people and give them a lot more chance.
And Technically you can go raid a home server with items you get on elevation, you just can't bring them back - But if fast travel is a thing you could travel from JKH, to MRH, without touching elevation and store your items??

Portalling should have a cooldown of maybe 15 minutes to stop people ferrying stuff through

I agree. 

Edited by Mclavin

2 minutes ago, Mclavin said:

A lot of the pvp will not be home server based - it will be focused around elevation, thats the goal with the new map, 1 month "not being able to raid home server" is not a big deal in the goal of things surrounding elevation.
And Technically you can go raid a home server with items you get on elevation, you just can't bring them back - But if fast travel is a thing you could travel from JKH, to MRH, without touching elevation and store your items??

I think just disabling Elevation -> home server item transfer and consequently disabling home server raiding pending a final decision on their status would be fine. The only one way item transfer that I think would be positive would be Epic cluster --> Freedom because it might encourage commerce and for Freedom players to come over to get collectables for their deeds.

Edited by Ols
  • Like 2

I want to be forced to setup farms for cotton, stables for horses, find mines with iron, clay for mortar, coal piles for steel. This will expand the "new map" feeling with "fresh start"

we wanted a Fresh experience, this can be the way to get it. A lot of freedom players who'd like to join this will portal over - and with Meditation/SOTG not a thing, they won't have to wait months to get the same advantage
I really would love to see a item block, it is the second best thing to a reset in terms of "fresh server".

I don't want to spam this out of scope, i've said what i feel is enough and the devs will have to let us know if they can before we rabble on our opinions.

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, Mclavin said:

I'm not sure if the code can differentiate between each server.

If it's a 1-2 month thing, all you're doing is delaying what will eventually happen. If it's a perma thing, it will get confusing on what you can bring over, what won't come back. 

It really makes no sense to limit bringing gear between servers.

I could see blocking the borders and only allow crossing with the gear in your inventory to limit the amount of resources an individual can bring over.

• Like 1