Sign in to follow this  
Mclavin

New map on a new server with new accounts - Reset PVP

+1 New toons all starting the same, no tomes etc needed keep that stuff out .Primal Warfare . Future resets . Sounds like fun to me.

• Like 2

If you told me that a decision we made in Challenge to charge the enemy in front of us because Jackburton was "going to buy us new tools" if we die (you can't do that btw) would be used as evidence of why we need a new server. I would have laughed.

Funny how last year I kept saying they should bring challenge servers back or servers that aren't permanent and I got shut down each time by community as a bad idea only for it to be brought up as a good idea now.  Or when I said Chaos and/or Epic should turn into a PvP test server and just make random changes to see what happens.

Edited by nicedreams
  • Like 1

+1, was too much fun to hear what i thought was whatthetruck in that skirmish clip of storm "i'm lost as ######"  and ofc the illustrious Mcgriddle and Dave clearin house poor pinchaloaf didn't even have time to finish one off...oh the memories.

Edited by Bloodscythe

I'll only support this if Epic is completely either wiped (preferred) or maps (like freedom needs 4 more islands) are merged onto the Freedom server 1:1. 

This game has lost its sense of community because of the way its set up with no time limitations or resets. Everyone can do everything mostly now, because of it.  Not to mention PMKs allowing you to break up the main Kingdoms into smaller ones and spread out the PvP population. Like most updates with Epic, they were cool for a while, but then you saw what they would cause over time. 

Also, I feel that having 3 kingdoms makes the community a tad bit more appeasing. You have to work with people and get along with others not only in your Kingdom, but others as well (to an extent).  Who knows when you might have to switch sides. 

Edited by Oreo
  • Like 1

Big +1, this is the key to getting players back and reviving PvP for whatever the devs are planning for next year. I wouldn’t spend too much time thinking on this, just do it. 

• Like 3

let me put this in clear terms. If you don't do something like this, PVP as a whole will move on to WU for good and you will lose a lot of money as a company which is, if you didnt already realise this, really bad. Think of this as an investment. I would for one pay for it.

• Like 1

This with proper advertisement +1, that a PvP land rush begins in "2 weeks" with a counter.... come and make your claim on the untouched lands yada yada, so the players will be actually interested in it. Also make sure that people know it will be reset after 1 year or so.

Edited by Themystrix

I havent played this game since 2015 and i would repremium 100% for that. Retro if you make this i'll send you a box of cookies.

• Like 1

How would a professional WU server which is set up sounds? PVP in WU has a lot problems so there would be a few test rounds needed.

Still if the interest is high enough I have some scripts and mods around which could make some things possible.

• Like 1

https://discord.gg/2dFBpp

already underway

however, with this being an official server it would be a really good marketing campaign + all the above, hate to repeat myself

Edited by Quicktor

why do i feel like this thread is just gonna be entirely ignored by the devs

• Like 1

Just now, Haseroth said:

why do i feel like this thread is just gonna be entirely ignored by the devs

because you are not playing since 2015 only pestering the forums

Just now, Ekcin said:

and yet he isnt wrong >:

before retro answered a few days ago in a different thread, everything related to epic was straight out ignored for months

1 minute ago, Ekcin said:

Except i could be if they fixed their game. The suggestion above is one which would bring me back.  I cant believe people are still in denial about the fact that this game is on its death bed.

• Like 3

+1 but like it's been stated, High chances this will just be completely ignored.

Whether or not I'd comeback is a different story. I may or I may not, depends on life at the time.

Would definitely be cool to get the old groups back, Since I quit I haven't talked to all but maybe 3-5 people from epic/chaos combined.

• Like 2

Time to pull shankiest off from Maple Story

• Like 6

Just now, Mclavin said:

Lol he's playing WoW Currently

2 minutes ago, Oreo said:

Yesirn aren't you like 20 now

Turning 21 in two months, so yes.

Crazy how a good few of y'all knew me when I was like 12.

Edited by Yesirn

This is pretty much an extremely short term solution to keep people entertained while chaos/epic will continue rotting, giving the people in charge an excuse to leave it that way.  "we gave you what you wanted, what more do you need?!"  considering 3 updates that mostly came from people not staff anymore is already in their eyes a lot of attention for pvp.  I mean I'm not against the idea, because it's clear nothing will be done to help pvp for at least another year, it just feels more like a final blaze of glory before players decide "that was fun for a while, I'm done with this game for real since chaos/epic will never be that fun again", especially if in 2020 we get told to wait another year

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

This is pretty much an extremely short term solution to keep people entertained while chaos/epic will continue rotting, giving the people in charge an excuse to leave it that way.  "we gave you what you wanted, what more do you need?!"  considering 3 updates that mostly came from people not staff anymore is already in their eyes a lot of attention for pvp.  I mean I'm not against the idea, because it's clear nothing will be done to help pvp for at least another year, it just feels more like a final blaze of glory before players decide "that was fun for a while, I'm done with this game for real since chaos/epic will never be that fun again", especially if in 2020 we get told to wait another year

well ofc the followup has to be that in a year from now or so we get some pvp updates, thought thats obvious by now...

but yeah either way, i think if nothing happens NOW then there wont be any playerbase in a year

1 hour ago, Yesirn said:

Turning 21 in two months, so yes.

Crazy how a good few of y'all knew me when I was like 12.

My god how time flies. 

I knew you as Snowie.

Edited by FranktheTank

1 hour ago, Mclavin said:

If I miss someone is Shank and his McDonalds stories. 

Regardless, this will be completely ignored because it has been posted to Suggestions: Where good ideas go to die.

It works kinda like this:

zibsfe283ks11.jpg

• Like 2